Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

7bit

28 Nov 2013, 20:04

Halvar wrote:Wow, >110%! Does that already mean we might have a chance to reach MOQ even after the usual payment dropouts?
No, this means that soon prices might be a little cheaper and there will be even more orders!
:-)

There will not be any dropouts this time, because we started to collect money much earlier than usual.

Muirium
µ

28 Nov 2013, 20:17

So what's the deal with the deadline? Besides a rhetorical device to make people get moving?

7bit

28 Nov 2013, 20:19

If this does not get more orders, it will die in 2 days!

Code: Select all

HONEY/DVORAK          |  1| 26|   24|USD|DVORAK language kit

All other language kits will survive, as long as nobody jumps off, but some might be a little bit more expensive.

Nearly nobody seems to be interested in these:

HONEY/NUMERIC/GREY    |   | 49|   39|USD|Numeric grey kit
HONEY/NUMERIC/BLACK   |  1| 49|   39|USD|Numeric black kit
HONEY/NUMERIC/RED     |  1| 49|   39|USD|Numeric red kit
HONEY/F13TOF24/WHITE  |  1| 12|   12|USD|F13-F24 in white
HONEY/F1TOF24/WHITE   |  2| 24|   24|USD|F1-F24 in white
HONEY/SPACE300/GREY   |   |  1|    3|USD|Space (3 units; grey)
HONEY/SPACE300/RED    |   |  1|    3|USD|Space (3 units; red)
HONEY/SPACE300/BLACK  |   |  1|    3|USD|Space (3 units; black)
HONEY/LOTUS225        |  1|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; grey)
HONEY/LOTUS275        |   |  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; grey)
HONEY/LOTUS175/RED    |  1|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; red)
HONEY/LOTUS175S/RED   |  2|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; red)
HONEY/LOTUS225/RED    |  1|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; red)
HONEY/LOTUS275/RED    |   |  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; red)
HONEY/LOTUS175/BLACK  |  1|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; black)
HONEY/LOTUS175S/BLACK |  3|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; black)
HONEY/LOTUS225/BLACK  |  1|  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; black)
HONEY/LOTUS275/BLACK  |   |  1|    3|USD|Lotus key (row 3; black)

In 2 days, they must go.
:o

Vierax

28 Nov 2013, 20:46

7bit wrote: All other language kits will survive, as long as nobody jumps off, but some might be a little bit more expensive.
Sorry for Jeff (I suppose it's him) but seeing the lack of interest for the bépo set I already spent my budget for them this afternoon :?

7bit

28 Nov 2013, 20:55

If they don't not get more orders, they will die in 2 days!

HONEY/BEPOALPHA       |  2| 51|   39|USD|BEPOALPHA language kit

All other language kits will survive, as long as nobody jumps off, but some might be a little bit more expensive.

osxoep

28 Nov 2013, 22:12

If I order more, will I lose the discount I had before?

7bit

28 Nov 2013, 22:39

No, the discount was on the payment, not the order.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

28 Nov 2013, 23:42

7bit wrote: Nearly nobody seems to be interested in these:

HONEY/F13TOF24/WHITE  |  1| 12|   12|USD|F13-F24 in white
HONEY/F1TOF24/WHITE   |  2| 24|   24|USD|F1-F24 in white
In 2 days, they must go.
No more alternating white/grey F1-24 :( That makes it hard for me to justify HONEY/F13TOF24 too.

jeff

28 Nov 2013, 23:57

7bit wrote:If they don't not get more orders, they will die in 2 days!

OK, hard to listen, but understand. I can't really afford a second kit and without the bepo kit my order is useless. I have 2 days to make up my mind but I think I will have to do a clearall :_( sorry

Plantfood

29 Nov 2013, 00:45

Hey, quick question; Shift, Return, \|, etc. are available individually in red, but red Backspace is only in the function kit. Similarly, the standard 1.25 mods in black seem to only be in the full modifier kits. Is the only way to order these keys to buy the full sets?

Vierax

29 Nov 2013, 06:10

jeff wrote: OK, hard to listen, but understand. I can't really afford a second kit and without the bepo kit my order is useless. I have 2 days to make up my mind but I think I will have to do a clearall :_( sorry
I knew it was you the first buyer :) Just for you I reordered one. I hope it's enough to let the set live, is it 7bit ?
Who's the third buyer ? maybe he can add more.
And where are you Gilgam ?! This is a must-have set for you buddy !

olaph

29 Nov 2013, 06:49

I've ordered the HONEY/FORTY kit..
1. What's up with the row 4 1.25 shift? Are these a different texture?
2. Are the rumors true that 7bit will be producing a 40% keyboard? If so, where can I find details?
Thanks!

jeff

29 Nov 2013, 06:55

Vierax : In fact I was the third one, and don't know who is the first one. Thanks for your reorder, I hope it will be enough.

farinasa_

29 Nov 2013, 08:55

I see HONEY/MODEXTRA150 still has some question marks. What about an R1 - Back Space?

7bit

29 Nov 2013, 09:13

Plantfood wrote:Hey, quick question; Shift, Return, \|, etc. are available individually in red, but red Backspace is only in the function kit. Similarly, the standard 1.25 mods in black seem to only be in the full modifier kits. Is the only way to order these keys to buy the full sets?
Be glad you can get the red BACK SPACE key at all!
Here you go:
HONEY/TKL/BASE/BLACK
HONEY/TKLISOBASE/BLACK
HONEY/ISO/BLACK
HONEY/WINDOWS125/BLACK
HONEY/APPLE125/BLACK
HONEY/FUNMOD/BLACK
olaph wrote:I've ordered the HONEY/FORTY kit..
2. Are the rumors true that 7bit will be producing a 40% keyboard? If so, where can I find details?
Thanks!
1: No, they are row 3 because they do not exist in any other row.
2: Search for HyperMicro
farinasa_ wrote:I see HONEY/MODEXTRA150 still has some question marks. What about an R1 - Back Space?
I can add it.

Floating.Point

29 Nov 2013, 10:12

Hey guys, I'm seeking some advice about switches.

As a total noob, I am entering the Mechanical Keyboard arena purely because of how beautiful these keycaps are. So the board/boards I end up buying are in support of these beautiful keycaps :) I love them!

A cherry mx tester (red; black; blue; brown) arrived in the mail today and I discovered that I enjoy the red and blues most. (browns are too 'coarse' and blacks are too 'strong' -- if those descriptions make any sense?) So the question is, which switch type is more appropriate for these vintage style spherical keycaps? Linear or Clicky? Red or Blue?

How did these old keyboards feel? is it worthwhile trying to mimic the feeling of yesteryear? Is one type going to feel "wrong" or "right"?

// thanks, fp

7bit

29 Nov 2013, 10:17

Any type as long as they are CherryMX compatible.

Most vintage keyboards where linear, so this might be the way to go.

olaph

29 Nov 2013, 10:20

olaph wrote:I've ordered the HONEY/FORTY kit..
Thanks!
1: No, they are row 3 because they do not exist in any other row.
2: Search for HyperMicro
1. Thank you for clearing that up... I was confused by the wiki image as it indicates row 4.
2. Awesome! IC incoming.

farinasa_

29 Nov 2013, 11:13

7bit wrote:
farinasa_ wrote:I see HONEY/MODEXTRA150 still has some question marks. What about an R1 - Back Space?
I can add it.
Thank you.

Will the 2 unit key caps in HONEY/POS2/BLANK and HONEY/POS4/BLANK fit the ergodox?

7bit

29 Nov 2013, 11:59

Yes and no. They do not fit where the ErgoDox has 2 units keys, becuase there are stabilisers, which the POS keys are made to fit on 2 switches.

Muirium
µ

29 Nov 2013, 14:30

Floating.Point wrote:How did these old keyboards feel? is it worthwhile trying to mimic the feeling of yesteryear? Is one type going to feel "wrong" or "right"?
Depends if you have shelves full of the originals to compare against!

The Honeywell these caps are modelled after is a butter smooth linear Hall effect keyboard. (Well, once I lube it sometime. I'm wary of messing it up.) If you want the closest MX taste of that, then blacks and reds are your choice.

These big SA caps give your fingers a lot of leverage on the switches, I find, and my heavy greens (stronger version of MX blue) fly quite nicely when I'm typing on Round 4 SPH (the earlier GB of this same cap profile). So I'd say blacks are probably the one I'd go for. But reds are just as smooth and it's really down to preference.

But clicky switches are so retro too! Just not so much for Honeywell / Micro Switch caps, which were almost always on linear keyboards.

7bit

29 Nov 2013, 14:47

The exchange rate has changed:
1 EUR = 1.36 USD (was 1.35)

If you pay 100 EUR you get $1 more than a few days ago.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2013, 14:50

7bit, do you prefer bank transfer over paypal? I received the confirmation email with your bank coords, I thought paypal was set by default, but bank transfer is good too.

7bit

29 Nov 2013, 18:19

I added a bit intelligence to the bot. It evaluates the address and determines you might be able to pay via EUR bank transfer. For people who can do SEPA transfers (esp/ for everybody in the EUR zone) it is way cheaper to pay in EUR. The exchange rate is 1:1.36 currently and there are no PayPal fees and no hidden exchange fees etc, like PayPal has.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 Nov 2013, 18:23

purrfect

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

29 Nov 2013, 19:23

jefferai wrote:
facetsesame wrote:
jefferai wrote:7bit:I call it HONEY/FUNCTION2 but you can also order it as HONEY/FACETSESAME:
Image :o

Any chance for this set all on row 3?
Hm, how many would you order, jefferai?
Belfong, Muirium, what do you think?
One. :-) I need a bunch of row 3 keys and those keys are so fun!
jefferai, I think only 1 more kit has sold so far, total 6.
As Belfong's BEL key won't be affected and Muirium wasn't sure about the kit, I might be willing to consider changing the kit to all row 3 - except F0 [f zero] which needs to be row 1 to go with the rest of the Fx keys.
I would be interested to hear what the other person who ordered HONEY/FUNCTION2 thinks!

Hi everyone, please consider ordering HONEY/FUNCTION2! 16 great keys you may never see again for a dollar each.

7bit

29 Nov 2013, 20:03

If it where all row 3, I'd order one for myself.

kfmfe04

29 Nov 2013, 20:22

Muirium wrote:
Floating.Point wrote:How did these old keyboards feel? is it worthwhile trying to mimic the feeling of yesteryear? Is one type going to feel "wrong" or "right"?
Depends if you have shelves full of the originals to compare against!

The Honeywell these caps are modelled after is a butter smooth linear Hall effect keyboard. (Well, once I lube it sometime. I'm wary of messing it up.) If you want the closest MX taste of that, then blacks and reds are your choice.

These big SA caps give your fingers a lot of leverage on the switches, I find, and my heavy greens (stronger version of MX blue) fly quite nicely when I'm typing on Round 4 SPH (the earlier GB of this same cap profile). So I'd say blacks are probably the one I'd go for. But reds are just as smooth and it's really down to preference.

But clicky switches are so retro too! Just not so much for Honeywell / Micro Switch caps, which were almost always on linear keyboards.
Wow! This is some nice background on the HONEYs - it should go into the WIKI!

metalliqaz

29 Nov 2013, 20:43

Wish there was a HONEY/TRANSMIT225/RED

kzhk

29 Nov 2013, 21:02

jeff wrote:
7bit wrote:If they don't not get more orders, they will die in 2 days!

OK, hard to listen, but understand. I can't really afford a second kit and without the bepo kit my order is useless. I have 2 days to make up my mind but I think I will have to do a clearall :_( sorry
I will order a bepoalpha (tonight)... not sure it is going to be enough...

Return to “Group buys”