Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Flintfish

08 May 2014, 06:09

In regards to order status - this is from one of 7bits posts on 30 april
7bit wrote:In fact, the deadlines are all fake. I still wait for the invoice from SP.
:o
So most likely the order hasn't been placed yet... :cry:

usopia

08 May 2014, 06:20

Hmm, no invoices and no posts from 7bit for eight days. I hope everything is ok with him.

jefferai

08 May 2014, 06:43

balanar wrote:Hmm the funds are still with you? Does that mean the order still has not been placed?
Yes and no (speaking as another collector here). SP has been sent some money a while back, which was to get the new tooling going (I know, because I sent it). But the next round of invoices has not been sent to SP, previously because their person was on vacation during April, and now because 7bit is...on vacation?

I don't think there is cause for worry yet. Sometimes things happen and real life needs must be prioritized. If the absence goes on for an extended period of time (much longer than now), I will work with the other payment collectors to figure out next steps, starting with trying to contact 7 bit IRL. But that's *very* premature right now.

I should mention that much money has already been sent to SP and at least on my end 7bit has not asked for the money; it's still in my account. So for anyone thinking the worst: even apart from 7bit's stellar record, he doesn't even have a lot or all of the money, so him having absconded with it is highly unlikely :-)

jefferai

08 May 2014, 06:47

Muirium wrote:I'm actually looking forward to it! Beauty is all in the caps. And I want more colours! That's why I'm so into Round 5.

The keyboard is a prototype CM NovaTouch with Topre switches and MX mounts. Here's Matt3o's with another nice set:

That keyboard is pure sex and I want it. What are the key sizes...do the TKL kits in R5 have the right keys for it, our do you need the extra keys in the TENKEYLESS sets?

Here's hoping they make it to production. Tell them also to make, along with that, a preassembled ErgoDox with the Topre/MX mount switches. :-D

usopia

08 May 2014, 07:07

@jefferai: it was the Skull Squadron-GB, the Caps are DSA-Profile.
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/sku ... ase-set-2/

Omikron

08 May 2014, 07:25

We need to have a PLAN B in case 7bit was captured and converted by M.E.M.B.R.A.N.E.

MOST EVIL MAJOR BROAD REUNITED NETWORK of EVIL :evil:

Yes there's 2 "EVIL". That's how evil they are! :shock:

Seriously, what do we do if 7bit is dead?

chanlol

08 May 2014, 08:21

paln B ? Find a guy like 7bit? The death of 7bit means the end of deskthority?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 May 2014, 10:38

Just because someone disappears for some time, does not necessarily mean they died. I should know!

That said, I really hope he is doing okay.

kzhk

08 May 2014, 11:50

This unannounced absence is kind of disturbing considering how active 7bit usually is. Those who made a bank transfer to 7bit have his real name. A simple googling shows 7bit registered a website with its familly name, apparently for a member of his familly (not the same first name). This website have a contact page with an email and a phone number. It may be a way to know if he is okay in case he doesn't come back soon. I' haven't been on DT for long but I really appreciate 7bit services... I hope he is all right...

webwit
Wild Duck

08 May 2014, 12:58

I bet he's on holiday. Just like Melissa. Coincidence?

Yslen

08 May 2014, 13:22

Kit of the day: HONEY/MOON

Muirium
µ

08 May 2014, 13:25

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Round 5 Comedy Club!

Come for the caps. Stay for the waiting for the caps. Also humour!

ray4jc

08 May 2014, 13:47

webwit wrote:I bet he's on holiday. Just like Melissa. Coincidence?

But she's back in the office, I spoke with her yesterday :?

Muirium
µ

08 May 2014, 14:08

7bit's ideal holiday would be to the SP factory anyway, so…

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

08 May 2014, 15:02

Muirium wrote:7bit's ideal holiday would be to the SP factory anyway, so…
7bit Does Custer

not much of a vacation although the nature around custer is beautiful. other that wildlife and unless you like a small-town slow-paced lifestyle, bellingham is the only city for miles with anything going on.

to think it took me moving to california to get into keyboards before i found out SP HQ is 20 minutes from my hometown...

Muirium
µ

08 May 2014, 15:55

Ah, "Bellinghamming". (A great episode of my favourite of all podcasts happened upon that town, the pinnacle of northwesterness!)

chiffre

08 May 2014, 19:26

So If I want to order some leftovers, are there any left? How do I go about ordering? I left 7bit a message and haven't heard back.

tER299

08 May 2014, 19:39

chiffre wrote:So If I want to order some leftovers, are there any left? How do I go about ordering? I left 7bit a message and haven't heard back.
7bit is MIA, you'll probably have to wait :?

drrtyrokka

08 May 2014, 22:30

7bit is just AFK. You know, he's away from keyboard. Yea? Not funny? Ok, I'll go and dig me a hole... ( -.-)

7bit

08 May 2014, 22:37

I'm back.
:lol:

The bot and me took a few days off.
:-)

Sadly, I had forgotten to take the charger cable for my Thinkpad with me ...
:roll:

SL89

08 May 2014, 22:39

Hallelujah

SL89

08 May 2014, 22:44

7bit wrote:I'm back.
:lol:
I just got my invoice as requested so thank you for that. And i had already sent payment, but the invoice still says 0% paid.
Just wondering when the money will catch up with 7bot lol

beltet

08 May 2014, 22:50

I tried to google 7bit's real name and one of the first image results I found was this:

He problably joined the bundeswher (german armed forces) and we will not hear from him in a while.

EDIT: Ok... He's back... But my theory may still hold? Army vacation?
Last edited by beltet on 08 May 2014, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

8bit

08 May 2014, 22:50

This bit is bot :)

Muirium
µ

08 May 2014, 22:55

Hooray! My caps my caps my caps! Good to see you, man.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

09 May 2014, 00:19

Great to see you 7bit! Hope you had a nice break :)

You won't believe how worried some of us were! Not me, of course.
Spoiler:

7bit

09 May 2014, 00:26

beltet wrote:I tried to google 7bit's real name and one of the first image results I found was this:

He problably joined the bundeswher (german armed forces) and we will not hear from him in a while.

EDIT: Ok... He's back... But my theory may still hold? Army vacation?
I'm not in the picture, because I took the photo.
:mrgreen:

PaulNewman

09 May 2014, 07:29

Is there a picture from a Black Keyboard tkl with Outside White keys and alphas in Black. I did not become the honey/alphaint in white..... :( now I must switch my settings

Halvar

09 May 2014, 08:44

beltet wrote:I tried to google 7bit's real name and one of the first image results I found was this:

These are fire brigade uniforms btw. Somehow I don't think 7-bit is a fire fighter type.

PaulNewman

09 May 2014, 09:49

PaulNewman wrote:Is there a picture from a Black Keyboard tkl with Outside White keys and alphas in Black. I did not become the honey/alphaint in white..... :( now I must switch my settings
or have any one for me a honey/alphaint in white ;)

Return to “Group buys”