Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

narkelo

20 Oct 2015, 19:20

Hello everyone,

I put in an order of some ROUND5a caps and was wondering if someone could confirm (maybe post pics) of the BOTTOM of the caps from ROUND 5

from what i have read on reddit and geek hack, the bottoms of keycaps from SP are not always even, or don't have the cross beams that OEM caps do.

i want to put some o-rings under my caps and want to plan accordingly.

i tried searching for something similar to this on DT, but perhaps my search-fu is lacking.

thanks! :geek:

Ywg

20 Oct 2015, 21:17

narkelo wrote: i want to put some o-rings under my caps and want to plan accordingly.

i tried searching for something similar to this on DT, but perhaps my search-fu is lacking.

You can't put o-rings on SA caps. They don't have crossbars and the stems really deep.
I just tried on one oy my round 5 key and I needed to stack 5 or 6 o-rings (depending on the row) before it starts dampening anything.

I think it will be better to use mx silents (when the exclusivity is over), some kind of landing pad or trampoline mod.

rjmana

21 Oct 2015, 06:07

narkelo wrote: Hello everyone,

I put in an order of some ROUND5a caps and was wondering if someone could confirm (maybe post pics) of the BOTTOM of the caps from ROUND 5

from what i have read on reddit and geek hack, the bottoms of keycaps from SP are not always even, or don't have the cross beams that OEM caps do.

i want to put some o-rings under my caps and want to plan accordingly.

yeah, you'll need multiple o-rings and in different sizes. i think someone posted on reddit with a count of it. something like 1x 3mm, 1x 2.5mm and 2x 1.5mm for Row 1 SA

rjmana

21 Oct 2015, 06:10

i got a package from Germany! i got round 5 leftovers, 2x 1.25u lotus keys and non scooped F and Js haha. thought they'd ship together with round 5a when it's done

narkelo

21 Oct 2015, 07:12

Ywg wrote:
narkelo wrote: i want to put some o-rings under my caps and want to plan accordingly.

You can't put o-rings on SA caps. They don't have crossbars and the stems really deep.
I just tried on one oy my round 5 key and I needed to stack 5 or 6 o-rings (depending on the row) before it starts dampening anything.

I think it will be better to use mx silents (when the exclusivity is over), some kind of landing pad or trampoline mod.
rjmana wrote:
yeah, you'll need multiple o-rings and in different sizes. i think someone posted on reddit with a count of it. something like 1x 3mm, 1x 2.5mm and 2x 1.5mm for Row 1 SA
Thanks for the heads up! if i find something that works or come up with a unique solution i will post a follow up.
I'm sure others out there may want to use dampeners with SAs.

WhitePlate

21 Oct 2015, 19:38

Hi, I ordered some sets and paid for them two weeks ago but still no payment confirmation. Can I get an update on my order? Whenever I pm the bot WASSUP it either doesnt reply back or sends me another invoice. My order number is #0678 I also pmd 7but but he hasnt replied yet. 7bit, if you see this please reply when you can. Thanks

7bit

21 Oct 2015, 19:49

I'm quite sure Evilcamels will include you in hiw next update.
;-)

Evilcamels

21 Oct 2015, 21:06

Your payment has been recorded WhitePlate. The reason it took so long to register with the bot is that you didn't include your username with the payment so I only knew the order number, not who it was from. All better now!

zslane

21 Oct 2015, 21:31

My payment ten days ago has not fared as well it seems... (and I didn't leave anything out that I'm aware of).

McPwned

22 Oct 2015, 00:06

Will there be no grey-on-white (GPA/WFK) space cadet hands/roman numerals in R5a?

zslane

22 Oct 2015, 00:44

You mean like this?

McPwned

22 Oct 2015, 00:57

zslane wrote: You mean like this?
That's white-on-grey, not grey-on-white.

WhitePlate

22 Oct 2015, 01:01

Evilcamels wrote: Your payment has been recorded WhitePlate. The reason it took so long to register with the bot is that you didn't include your username with the payment so I only knew the order number, not who it was from. All better now!
Ok thanks. Sorry about that.

WhitePlate

22 Oct 2015, 01:10

7bit wrote: I'm quite sure Evilcamels will include you in hiw next update.
;-)
yup he did thank you

zslane

22 Oct 2015, 01:30

McPwned wrote:
zslane wrote: You mean like this?
That's white-on-grey, not grey-on-white.
Well, there are no grey-on-white keycaps anywhere in Round 5a, so...

McPwned

22 Oct 2015, 01:42

zslane wrote: Well, there are no grey-on-white keycaps anywhere in Round 5a, so...
Forgive me, but aren't the alpha/numeric/symbol keys in the honeywell colourway (e.g. HONEYB/TKL) grey-on-white?

Muirium
µ

22 Oct 2015, 01:55

Nope. Black on white, like the original.

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/round ... 10938.html

McPwned

22 Oct 2015, 02:08

Muirium wrote: Nope. Black on white, like the original.
Ah, that explains things. Thanks.

farinasa_

23 Oct 2015, 05:30

Got my keycaps!

Thanks so much 7bit for running this. You are awesome.

Supergeek

23 Oct 2015, 15:05

This is the monster I'm using on my tread-desk until 5a comes in.

You made this happen, 7bit.

astonlau

23 Oct 2015, 17:52

"Send money for Service!!Not as Gift or Goods!!"
Where can I find the option in Paypal?
Payment method select the 'Pay for goods or services' is correct?

chzel

23 Oct 2015, 17:58

Select "Pay for goods or services" and when it asks to choose a delivery address select "No delivery needed, I am paying for a service" or something along this line.

astonlau

25 Oct 2015, 22:05

chzel wrote: Select "Pay for goods or services" and when it asks to choose a delivery address select "No delivery needed, I am paying for a service" or something along this line.
Thanks for your help, problem fixed and payment has been sent successfully.
Now I only hope that the keycaps will become a Christmas gift of this year:o

astonlau

26 Oct 2015, 11:07

Is there any email I should get after purchasing?

mrobinson7627

26 Oct 2015, 14:41

7bit wrote: The following orders will not be shipped, because the addresses lack a name:
0220 <---- came back already

If you think it will arrive this way, please re-submit your address without your name.
:roll:
Sorry I only check this thread every couple of weeks. I'm 277 and I sent an address update to 7bot, though I think it should be fine if you ship it without a name.

astonlau

27 Oct 2015, 08:47

Evilcamels sir, my payment has been recorded?

Salisen

27 Oct 2015, 18:03

Sorry to bring this up again, but is there any news on the replacement vertical '+' keys from round 4? I'm guessing that round 5 hasn't shipped yet, and the keys will ship with that?

If not, how would I go about ordering these directly? Does anyone have a spare that they'd be willing to sell? My key is steeply slopped rather than flat.
Last edited by Salisen on 28 Oct 2015, 01:17, edited 2 times in total.

infodroid

28 Oct 2015, 00:02

Please ask questions in the [Round 5] thread or pm 7bit.
Sorry to spam the board with this, but I didn't receive any response to my 7bit PMs over the past month.

Dear 7bit:

In my INVOICE #0654 I ordered some Round 5 leftovers.

1. The invoice shows 2x HONEY/LOTUS175. However I never sent 7bot any instruction for "HONEY/LOTUS175 2". I did send "HONEY/LOTUS175 1" in two separate 7bot instructions, but this should not result in increased quantity of the item. Would it be possible to remove the additional key because I did not intend to order two of them and have no use for the other key.

2. I ordered G/BLANK/R3U175/RED back before the HONEYB/LOTUS175/RED were added to the GB. But preferring the LOTUS I sent "G/BLANK/R3U175/RED 0" and added the HONEYB/LOTUS175/RED instead. However it seems that did not work and my invoice still shows the "G/BLANK/R3U175/RED". I have no use for the blank any more because the LOTUS is better.

Thank you.

rjmana

28 Oct 2015, 07:10

infodroid wrote:
Please ask questions in the [Round 5] thread or pm 7bit.
Sorry to spam the board with this, but I didn't receive any response to my 7bit PMs over the past month.

Dear 7bit:

In my INVOICE #0654 I ordered some Round 5 leftovers.

1. The invoice shows 2x HONEY/LOTUS175. However I never sent 7bot any instruction for "HONEY/LOTUS175 2". I did send "HONEY/LOTUS175 1" in two separate 7bot instructions, but this should not result in increased quantity of the item. Would it be possible to remove the additional key because I did not intend to order two of them and have no use for the other key.

2. I ordered G/BLANK/R3U175/RED back before the HONEYB/LOTUS175/RED were added to the GB. But preferring the LOTUS I sent "G/BLANK/R3U175/RED 0" and added the HONEYB/LOTUS175/RED instead. However it seems that did not work and my invoice still shows the "G/BLANK/R3U175/RED". I have no use for the blank any more because the LOTUS is better.

Thank you.

to my understanding you just send "HONEY/LOTUS175 1" and it'll put it at one. otherwise set it to zero and reorder.

maybe it's ready for shipping? is that order from the leftovers? the stuff i ordered from leftovers was set aside and couldn't be changed

7bit

29 Oct 2015, 13:56

These shipped yesterday:
:cool:

Return to “Group buys”