Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Radlife

23 Mar 2016, 14:18

7bit wrote: I look into it ...
:roll:
PM'd

mashby

23 Mar 2016, 15:49

The following payments have been received for this group buy: justcallmecrash (x2), architones, lime burst, rfja, wins, denied scout, winnja, Gray Jian, Eggplant.

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

mashby

23 Mar 2016, 15:50

Radlife wrote:
PM'd
There was a glitch on my end and one of your payments was not submitted. It should be fixed now and sorry for the mixup. :oops:

Radlife

23 Mar 2016, 16:05

mashby wrote:
Radlife wrote:
PM'd
There was a glitch on my end and one of your payments was not submitted. It should be fixed now and sorry for the mixup. :oops:
Thank you both for the quick fix!

skaloola

24 Mar 2016, 10:00

skaloola wrote: been waiting on my refund for quite a long time now
Following up.

segacontroller

24 Mar 2016, 14:22

When will leftovers that were ordered in January ship?

7bit

24 Mar 2016, 18:57

I shipped some today and will pack the rest during the next few days. Shipping on Tuesday.
:cool:

deniedscout

25 Mar 2016, 02:51

7bit wrote: I shipped some today and will pack the rest during the next few days. Shipping on Tuesday.
WOOO!!

mecano

25 Mar 2016, 19:02

deniedscout wrote:
7bit wrote: I shipped some today and will pack the rest during the next few days. Shipping on Tuesday.
WOOO!!
WUENDERSCHOEN!!

ach

26 Mar 2016, 13:43

Hi @7bit,

I was wondering if you could send me the status of my order #0636. There was an addressing issue and I paid the re-shipment cost on January 12th. Just wondering if it had been re-shipped?
Thanks,

BALTHAZ4R

27 Mar 2016, 01:38

flyinglotus1983

27 Mar 2016, 16:53

Question for 7bit:

I ordered a bunch of Round 5 stuff back in July of 2015. I'm not too active on this forum, so I have been checking in from time to time, and see that the order has been split into two chunks, one that's in production now (GD/BFP/RDE) and one that's been quoted but not yet started (WFK/GPA/RAS/NN). Further reading it seems, if I'm understanding this correctly, that you're basically waiting for money to come in from extras/spares before the second order can actually be placed.

So if all that's correct, no worries, I just sent in to 7bit a good chunk of extras to order. I picked up a few other base sets (black SIXTYBASE, blue SIXTYBASE, and red TKLBASE) and some other misc stuff. Probably works out, now I can mix and match a bit more than what I originally ordered. So as of right now you're ~$182 USD closer to placing the second order, as soon as I pay the invoice.. every bit helps, right?

So now to my actual question. I would REALLY like to order the HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE (the white alphas set), however 7bit will not let me order it, it's not consider a leftover. This is odd because the order hasn't even been placed yet. Is there any chance that I could have a wee exception made to get one more HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE added onto the final order to SP? Is this possible?

Gray Jian

27 Mar 2016, 17:36

Now you can order the HONEYB/ALPHA/WHITE. I just delete one, but quickly, WHITE is too popular.

flyinglotus1983

27 Mar 2016, 17:40

@Gray Jian

Done. Thanks, stranger. I'll reply back with whether or not it went through. I'd be willing to pay the service forward if I happened to pick up anything else that's super popular that I don't need.

priyadi

27 Mar 2016, 18:17

7bit, it looks like the bot is missing one of my payment. It told me I'm $12.48 short, I already paid that amount on Feb 22. I already asked mashby and he told me to ask you. I also PMed you several weeks ago. Please make the bot behave. Thanks.

Gray Jian

27 Mar 2016, 18:19

flyinglotus1983 wrote: @Gray Jian

Done. Thanks, stranger. I'll reply back with whether or not it went through. I'd be willing to pay the service forward if I happened to pick up anything else that's super popular that I don't need.
I love WHITE too, but my sister want some kits, I have no more money, and I don't want to make her disappointment, so I have to delete some kits. You are a lucky man, the WHITE is shortage for a long time. Wishing you can pick up anything else that's super popular that you do need.

flyinglotus1983

27 Mar 2016, 18:45

Gray Jian wrote: I love WHITE too, but my sister want some kits, I have no more money, and I don't want to make her disappointment, so I have to delete some kits. You are a lucky man, the WHITE is shortage for a long time. Wishing you can pick up anything else that's super popular that you do need.
I just got an update from 7bot, it looks like I'm the new owner of a white alpha kit! :D

Now, to forget about this group buy for another year, until everything ships :)

c2lknt

28 Mar 2016, 01:55

The boards I've seen with full white SA look so good. I don't really have a board for it at the moment, but chances are, by the time Round 7 rolls around, I'll have one...

edit:just noticed this: Signature PLastic's Keycap status page changed:
Round 6 - Phase 1 (SA) In production Expected completion 4/11. No KeyShop sales.
It's almost like they run a real business!

flyinglotus1983

28 Mar 2016, 06:16

c2lknt wrote: It's almost like they run a real business!
:lol:

Ail

28 Mar 2016, 14:27

c2lknt wrote: The boards I've seen with full white SA look so good. I don't really have a board for it at the moment, but chances are, by the time Round 7 rolls around, I'll have one...

edit:just noticed this: Signature PLastic's Keycap status page changed:
Round 6 - Phase 1 (SA) In production Expected completion 4/11. No KeyShop sales.
It's almost like they run a real business!
Nantucket Selectric (SA) Scheduled Expected completion 8/31
Round 6 - Phase 2 (SA) Quoted

So Phase 2 probably late September or October sometime, 2017 by the time it's shipped an sorted. RIP :D

Edit: NM I'm guessing if the payment is submitted that date could be earlier if they squeeze it between another SA production?

caligo

28 Mar 2016, 15:09

Damn it, I'm going to be stuck with a frankensteined keycap set on my White Fox keyboard for months. Unless that's delayed to, of course. Woe is me, etc. ;-)

How much more needs to be sold for phase 2 to start? I for one would probably be inclined to buy at least some additional keys if it meant having production start sooner, as long as the amount of money involved isn't too outrageous – heck, at this point I'd be willing to pay a few tens of € for a 'fund phase 2' kit just to have production start ASAP.

flyinglotus1983

29 Mar 2016, 02:44

caligo wrote: How much more needs to be sold for phase 2 to start? I for one would probably be inclined to buy at least some additional keys if it meant having production start sooner, as long as the amount of money involved isn't too outrageous – heck, at this point I'd be willing to pay a few tens of € for a 'fund phase 2' kit just to have production start ASAP.
This is a very good question, however I think most of us knew going into it that this GB would take a very long while. And as most people here will agree, 7bit is a stand-up guy and has handled these group buys MUCH better than some other group buys over the years.

To get the avalanche rolling, I just ordered another $182 worth of leftovers, so no one can hold me accountable for not doing my part :) I think I'd be declared criminally insane for what I've spent so far, and yet, I'm still ranked at somewhere around #587??? You other guys are nuts!! You know who you are :)

So yea, would be really good to know when exactly phase 2 would be starting, but yea, I'm in it for the long-haul.

Gray Jian

29 Mar 2016, 09:51

flyinglotus1983 wrote:
caligo wrote: How much more needs to be sold for phase 2 to start? I for one would probably be inclined to buy at least some additional keys if it meant having production start sooner, as long as the amount of money involved isn't too outrageous – heck, at this point I'd be willing to pay a few tens of € for a 'fund phase 2' kit just to have production start ASAP.
This is a very good question, however I think most of us knew going into it that this GB would take a very long while. And as most people here will agree, 7bit is a stand-up guy and has handled these group buys MUCH better than some other group buys over the years.

To get the avalanche rolling, I just ordered another $182 worth of leftovers, so no one can hold me accountable for not doing my part :) I think I'd be declared criminally insane for what I've spent so far, and yet, I'm still ranked at somewhere around #587??? You other guys are nuts!! You know who you are :)

So yea, would be really good to know when exactly phase 2 would be starting, but yea, I'm in it for the long-haul.
Although for some reason I deleted some items, but I ordered more, just in this month, I spent more than $180, but I feel our strength is limite. 7Bit needs more help, round 6 needs more help, we need more help, but on the other hand many other people need help too. Some of them didn't know 7bit's work, some of them love 7bit's work but didn't know how to join us. I have just helped several people like that. Let us take action, help these people, this would help 7bit and help us.

pederlol

29 Mar 2016, 10:55

As I don't follow this thread closely, can someone ELI5 on which colors will be produced first?

My order is:

HONEYB/TKLISOBASE/BLACK
HONEYB/TKLISOBASE/BLUE
HONEYB/ALPHAINT/WHITE
HONEYB/INTER/WHITE
HONEYB/NUMPAD/BLACK
HONEYB/SPACE625/WHITE

Gray Jian

29 Mar 2016, 11:53

Gray Jian wrote:
flyinglotus1983 wrote:

Although for some reason I deleted some items, but I ordered more, just in this month, I spent more than $180, but I feel our strength is limite. 7Bit needs more help, round 6 needs more help, we need more help, but on the other hand many other people need help too. Some of them didn't know 7bit's work, some of them love 7bit's work but didn't know how to join us. I have just helped several people like that. Let us take action, help these people, this would help 7bit and help us.
This afternoon, I posted the website in several online chat again, and help one person to order. I hope everyone take action, this will speed the group buy.

flyinglotus1983

29 Mar 2016, 14:52

Gray Jian wrote: This afternoon, I posted the website in several online chat again, and help one person to order. I hope everyone take action, this will speed the group buy.
I'll put the word out on Reddit. I'm going to make a nice imgur page with lots of pictures and whatnot, as the average redditor attention span is shorter (at least while visiting the site, haha), with a nice call to action at the end. Most of the /r/MechanicalKeyboards guys just got in 'crap bags' full of random keys (known over there as 'unicorn vomit' because of the extreme mis-match), so the Round 5 / Round 6 keys might be a way for them to supplement them if they missed any keys. Sounds like a perfect match, at least in theory.

deniedscout

29 Mar 2016, 17:47

Alright, so after reading from multiple sources, I am very confused.

This is my first group buy. I still don't really know how these things work.

On 3/19 I ordered and paid for these kits:
HONEYB/TKLBASE/RED
HONEYB/ALPHA/BLACK

On the Wiki, these are labeled as Round 6 leftovers. Does that mean they are produced and will ship soon? If not, when will they be produced and shipped?
Also, what is this Round 5A I keep hearing about? The Wiki redirects Round 5A to Round 6.
Final question; if I wanted to get caps as soon as possible, would the best option be to cancel my current order and order from Round 5?

Can someone please help me understand how this works?

lolpes

29 Mar 2016, 17:53

Round 5A is round 6 :) There are leftovers from round 5 which are ready to ship.

Round 6 will have 2 production phases, number one has started (production completion expected on 11/4, but expect delays...) for some of the colors (please check back on the page or on the wiki for which colorways will be produced) phase 2 has yet to start production.

deniedscout

29 Mar 2016, 18:02

lolpes wrote: There are leftovers from round 5 which are ready to ship.
So is it possible for me to cancel my current order and order R5 caps instead?

lolpes

29 Mar 2016, 18:04

deniedscout wrote:
lolpes wrote: There are leftovers from round 5 which are ready to ship.
So is it possible for me to cancel my current order and order R5 caps instead?
That I cannot answer (@7bit or @mashby halp!), and as for the leftovers from round 5 please see first which is available, because there is not much left :p

Return to “Group buys”