Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

7bit

02 May 2016, 23:13

In the near future, people will refer to things in blue with a little black as cadet-colored and blueish grey as sph-colored.
:evilgeek:

eddible

02 May 2016, 23:15

How long do you reckon it'll take until Phase 2 ships? I've not done a group buy before so wasn't sure if it was within a couple months or much longer!

monkeyplusplus

03 May 2016, 01:18

Well, there's this... looks like roughly in twelve forevers, heh: http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/

eddible

03 May 2016, 09:56

monkeyplusplus wrote:Well, there's this... looks like roughly in twelve forevers, heh: http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/
Haha! I won't sit by my postbox in that case!

7bit

03 May 2016, 10:34

We will soon pay a larger sum to reserve us the earliest spot for production of the 2nd half.

gtxorb

03 May 2016, 13:55

7bit wrote: We will soon pay a larger sum to reserve us the earliest spot for production of the 2nd half.
any chance to reopen order for p2?

7bit

03 May 2016, 14:45

What do you mean?
:?

Gray Jian

03 May 2016, 14:52

gtxorb wrote:
7bit wrote: We will soon pay a larger sum to reserve us the earliest spot for production of the 2nd half.
any chance to reopen order for p2?
I think you want to order some WHITE, GREY, RED, BLACK kits. Yes, you can order them until they were sold out. Just click wiki/Round_6 and wiki/R5_leftovers, and choose them.

monkeyplusplus

03 May 2016, 21:09

<3 <3 <3

obfuscated

04 May 2016, 00:24

obfuscated wrote: 7bit: Any info on R5 0773? Re-ship or re-fund?
No answer, so it will be a refund.
I've sent the command to both bots, but they think everything is shipped.
I guess you'll have to do this manually.
Can you do it, please?

mashby

04 May 2016, 02:21

The following RECENT payments have been received for this group buy (and there were a lot): simonalanclark, AbdouKhadry, mashby, kingnestea, Gray Jian, kingnestea, Kuang2, khongthenhuvay, CornChaos, ipreferpie, chalks, t8c, Zabz17, nguyenkimtam, sakon123, AbdouKhadry, ralay980, fastdrill, chanlol, astonlau, xtr0n, khongthenhuvay, AbdouKhadry, XMIT, zschiller, Dadrophenia, spacemonkey001, michael, c2lknt, evangs, bluename, CollinMel, evangs, gnarlsagan, dsm_mike, climbalima, CollinMel, Schneimj, monkeyplusplus

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

kingnestea

04 May 2016, 04:22

mashby wrote: The following RECENT payments have been received for this group buy (and there were a lot): simonalanclark, AbdouKhadry, mashby, kingnestea, Gray Jian, kingnestea, Kuang2, khongthenhuvay, CornChaos, ipreferpie, chalks, t8c, Zabz17, nguyenkimtam, sakon123, AbdouKhadry, ralay980, fastdrill, chanlol, astonlau, xtr0n, khongthenhuvay, AbdouKhadry, XMIT, zschiller, Dadrophenia, spacemonkey001, michael, c2lknt, evangs, bluename, CollinMel, evangs, gnarlsagan, dsm_mike, climbalima, CollinMel, Schneimj, monkeyplusplus

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?

Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.
Why are there 2 times of "kingnestea" ? I think you've messed up with my payment and the one from pangxxhi, his name is missing in your list, I‘ve paid that with the same paypal account and did received your confirmation by mail.

maximm

04 May 2016, 22:44

Is it too late to order from the Round 6 wiki? Are only the leftovers available? How much is shipping? Are value for customs lowered?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 May 2016, 22:46

maximm wrote: Is it too late to order from the Round 6 wiki? Are only the leftovers available? How much is shipping? Are value for customs lowered?
Shipping from Berlin, no customs!

zslane

05 May 2016, 00:08

maximm wrote: Is it too late to order from the Round 6 wiki? Are only the leftovers available? How much is shipping? Are value for customs lowered?
You can order anything on the Round 5 and Round 6 Leftovers list. However, keep in mind that quantities are limited, and if you delay, the kits you want may get sold out before you get around to placing your order. So order now while supplies last!

xtr0n

05 May 2016, 03:02

zslane wrote:
You can order anything on the Round 5 and Round 6 Leftovers list. However, keep in mind that quantities are limited, and if you delay, the kits you want may get sold out before you get around to placing your order. So order now while supplies last!
I'm a little confused since there is a new run in production that was set up last December (I missed that GB). If I'm ordering leftovers, am I getting leftovers from the original runs, which would presumably ship somewhat soon? (somewhat soon == however long it takes to process the orders allowing for the fact that this isn't a store and everyone probably has real jobs) Or am I getting leftovers from the latest run that hasn't been produced yet?

zslane

05 May 2016, 03:29

Round 5 leftovers are whatever 7bit has sitting around his house.

Round 6 leftovers are whatever remains unclaimed by pre-orders. None of the Round 6 keycaps have left SP's factory, as far as I can tell. Moreover, Round 6 is split into two separate manufacturing "phases", so depending on what you order, you may receive them this year (phase 1) or next year (phase 2).

gtxorb

05 May 2016, 06:53

7bit wrote: What do you mean?
:?
haha, I mean since Round 6 Phase 2 is not in production or paid, is it able to put new order? :D :D

pangxxhi

05 May 2016, 14:04

@7bit
please, any respond on my issue?

pangxxhi

05 May 2016, 14:04

@7bit

lolpes

05 May 2016, 14:24

pangxxhi wrote: @7bit
There is a rumour that if you ask your question 7 times in a row without any other comments in between, that 7bit will respond automatically :evilgeek:

maximm

05 May 2016, 18:21

7bot does nor respond to WASSUP!

khongthenhuvay

05 May 2016, 21:09

Oiling, I guest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtr0n

05 May 2016, 21:40

zslane wrote: Round 5 leftovers are whatever 7bit has sitting around his house.

Round 6 leftovers are whatever remains unclaimed by pre-orders. None of the Round 6 keycaps have left SP's factory, as far as I can tell. Moreover, Round 6 is split into two separate manufacturing "phases", so depending on what you order, you may receive them this year (phase 1) or next year (phase 2).

Thank you for clarifying. It's hard to skim through the ~350 pages in this thread :)

It would be really cool if we could order anything from the round 6 phase 2 set of caps since they haven't been manufactured yet. But maybe that would be a shit ton of work for the folks running the GB?

It's just kind of a bummer that I'm compromising on getting the absolute perfect set of keys because I'm putting a set together from the leftovers when those leftovers may not have started production yet.

c2lknt

05 May 2016, 23:05

xtr0n wrote: It's just kind of a bummer that I'm compromising on getting the absolute perfect set of keys because I'm putting a set together from the leftovers when those leftovers may not have started production yet.
That's what Round 7 is for!

Muirium
µ

05 May 2016, 23:20

Round n+1 will be awesome!

Khers

05 May 2016, 23:28

I vote n+2

zslane

06 May 2016, 00:11

xtr0n wrote: It would be really cool if we could order anything from the round 6 phase 2 set of caps since they haven't been manufactured yet. But maybe that would be a shit ton of work for the folks running the GB?

It's just kind of a bummer that I'm compromising on getting the absolute perfect set of keys because I'm putting a set together from the leftovers when those leftovers may not have started production yet.
The phase 2 delay is not an opportunity for 7bit to revise order quantities. The whole GB process is painfully slow and inefficient even in the best of cases (i.e., MassDrop). This is due to SP being the only manufacturer of custom spherical keycaps, their modest manufacturing capacity, and the need to reach MOQs before an order can even be placed. Even if 7bit had the financial resources to increase the order quantities for phase 2 (which he doesn't), doing so would likely add even further delay, which most folks who have been waiting nearly a year already would not take kindly to.

I feel your pain though. I missed out on Round 4 and 5. I missed out on four rounds of Granite. I've had to cobble together most of my keycap sets from folks selling theirs off. Round 6 will be the first GB I will have participated in prior to its production. A new wave of interested buyers are appearing that are in the same position I was in last year: that of having to scour the DT and GH classifieds looking for used keycaps in an effort to cobble together a full set.

xtr0n

06 May 2016, 03:11

Thanks for taking the time for the detailed explanation zslane. It helps when I understand some of the behind the scene headaches.

khongthenhuvay

06 May 2016, 05:06

Thanks zslane for explaination.

Does anyone want to release the HONEYB/ALPHA/CREAM? I dont hesitate to take the your pain of waiting :D

Return to “Group buys”