Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

7bit

21 Nov 2016, 10:15

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: This is a crazy situation. There could be money to collect and we don't even know?

I would do it but I'm like totally in the EU...
Yes, please!!!
:-)

7bit

21 Nov 2016, 10:25

Menuhin wrote:
rominronin wrote:
7bit wrote: I will post some photos tomorrow.
YAY!

7bit wrote: I still need someone to collect PayPal money!!!!
:roll:
I was considering collecting PayPal money for the buy, but then I thought 'why don't you collect it?' - I seem to remember there being a reason - something to do with being in the EU?

I'm also in the EU, does that mean I can't?
Simple: my PayPal account is locked and I could not get it running again.

You don't need to run a business. You order key caps from me, worth $2500 which is not unusual.
:o

Ideally, people who collect money are located in the USA so there are less transfer fees and no currency conversion fees when the money is sent to Signature Plastics.

rominronin

21 Nov 2016, 13:36

Thanks for the info 7bit.

Volunteers? Alternative ideas? Anything to hurry the process along?

Ail

21 Nov 2016, 14:38

rominronin wrote: Thanks for the info 7bit.

Volunteers? Alternative ideas? Anything to hurry the process along?
Christmas is coming, maybe we can ask Santa to collect the money.

zslane

21 Nov 2016, 19:59

7bit wrote: Simple: my PayPal account is locked and I could not get it running again.
I think this is what everyone fears will happen to their PayPal account if they get involved as a payment proxy.

It would be helpful to hear from past collectors (evilcamels, mashby, SL89) what problems they ran into, and how to avoid those problems. There is a thorny confidence problem standing in the way right now.

7bit

21 Nov 2016, 21:06

Somebody from Norway offered help and he asked me some questions like what about currency conversion when sending USD money from NOK account and forward it to SP USD again or even worse to me EUR and then USD again. :shock:

The main reason why it is best to have someone in the USA is to have no currency conversion fees added!
:o

So, please someone from the USA step forward and help!''Ideally, more than one would do it so the load is spread accoss more than one persion. stevepet is already doing Google Wallet, I'm collecting EUR payments (I need the money to buy stamps and package material). so what we need is someone who collects the money from all those who are not loacated in Europe or USA!

Griffy

21 Nov 2016, 21:18

That sounds like one hell of a dude! :mrgreen:

Griffy

21 Nov 2016, 21:20

But I just fiddled some and it looks like if I can collect in USD and send in USD there is no fee. I cant be sure but it looks right.

zslane

21 Nov 2016, 21:44

Somehow I doubt that people who are not located in Europe or USA will be paying in USD.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

21 Nov 2016, 22:13

zslane wrote: Somehow I doubt that people who are not located in Europe or USA will be paying in USD.
The whole GB is run in USD, SEPA participants just get a very favourable conversion to EUR by 7bot.

zslane

21 Nov 2016, 22:46

Wodan wrote:
zslane wrote: Somehow I doubt that people who are not located in Europe or USA will be paying in USD.
The whole GB is run in USD, SEPA participants just get a very favourable conversion to EUR by 7bot.
Well, sure, it is being run in USD in the sense that SP requires its payment(s) in USD. But I was responding to Griff's observation that people paying in USD won't incur a fee with PayPal. That may be true, but we're talking about customers whose personal funds are not in USD and won't be paying the proxy in USD.

mecano

21 Nov 2016, 23:00

Conversion fees are on their own then, that is what happen when I pay something invoiced in USD with my Euros and it is handled by Paypal. Once on an account there is no logical reason for Paypal to make another conversion if the money already in USD is not withdrawn and is used directly to pay something in USD, is there?

Griffy

21 Nov 2016, 23:11

All caps are listed in US Dollars. There is no confusion here.

cihusss

22 Nov 2016, 16:27

Hey Guys when is phase 1 shipping?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Nov 2016, 16:34

I believe 7bit was suggesting some of the phase 1 colors might be sorted and ready for shipping before christmas.

Don't ask for dates though ... manage your expectations.

Lipton

22 Nov 2016, 20:18

Has anyone gotten their keys for Round 5 yet? I ordered back in March :(

I've been told that the manufacturer hasn't sent the keys yet?

Tyr

23 Nov 2016, 01:12

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: But I just fiddled some and it looks like if I can collect in USD and send in USD there is no fee. I cant be sure but it looks right.
My Paypal certainly has 2 balances: 1 in EUR and 1 in USD. It doesn't look like they automatically convert funds received in one currency to the other, keeping them separate.

I'm tempted to volunteer, but on the other hand I don't really want to have that conversation with the taxman.

caligo

23 Nov 2016, 06:55

Lipton wrote:Has anyone gotten their keys for Round 5 yet? I ordered back in March :(

Most people got their Round 5 orders ages ago. If you ordered Round 5 leftovers back in March, you should've gotten them by now. However, if you ordered keys from Round 6 (which was initially called Round 5a) you're in the same boat as everyone else – none of those keys have been shipped yet, and only half of them have been produced.

Veggis

23 Nov 2016, 07:11

Lipton wrote: Has anyone gotten their keys for Round 5 yet? I ordered back in March :(

I ordered mine over two years ago :oops:

7bit

23 Nov 2016, 19:47

Ignoring all the troubly with money collecting and about $10,000 not yet being paid to SP by mashby and SL89, I will have all the blue and SPH-grey kits finished by tomorrow, so I can start with the violett and cream keys on Friday.
:roll:

At this speed I will be able to send out all orders for the firts half before Christmas 2016!
:ugeek:

I still need a PayPal collector who is located in the USA. Maybe more than one so the load will not be too much for each!

BTW: These keys look so great, everybody who jumps off right now is totally stupid!
:mad:

There are some extra kits, just ask the bot for an updated list!
:evilgeek:

7bit

23 Nov 2016, 19:50

zslane wrote: ...
Well, sure, it is being run in USD in the sense that SP requires its payment(s) in USD. But I was responding to Griff's observation that people paying in USD won't incur a fee with PayPal. That may be true, but we're talking about customers whose personal funds are not in USD and won't be paying the proxy in USD.
Conversion before PayPal, by your local bank is much cheaper than what PayPal charges!

elsoupo

23 Nov 2016, 22:47

Hey everyone, i was forced to move recently and was hoping to change my shipping address on my order, anyone care to explain how?

rominronin

23 Nov 2016, 22:51

7bit wrote: BTW: These keys look so great, everybody who jumps off right now is totally stupid!
:D

zslane

23 Nov 2016, 22:55

elsoupo wrote: Hey everyone, i was forced to move recently and was hoping to change my shipping address on my order, anyone care to explain how?
Just send a PM to 7bot formatted like this:

ADDRESS
<your name and address here>
<and don't forget to include your country>

7bot should know what order(s) it applies to based on your username.

elsoupo

23 Nov 2016, 22:57

Thanks zslane!

Ail

24 Nov 2016, 03:14

7bit wrote: BTW: These keys look so great, everybody who jumps off right now is totally stupid!
You say this like any of us have a choice! :lol:

7bit

24 Nov 2016, 14:05

Ail wrote:
There is no choice!

But: Did I ever mention that we need someone to collect PayPal money?
:?

rominronin

24 Nov 2016, 14:57

Someone, take our damned monies already!

phinix

24 Nov 2016, 18:11

Did PMK took off Status page from their website?:)

7bit

24 Nov 2016, 19:04

Ail wrote:
And we have a lucky winner!
:?

Ail is located in the USA and will collect money until December 31!
:shock:

Return to “Group buys”