Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

User avatar
zslane

14 Dec 2016, 19:06

rominronin wrote: Heh;
zslane wrote: Well, I think white looks better with the blue than black does, so I'd lean towards white alphas.
...and which of the two blues (dasher or dancer) would work best with the white? ;)
They work equally well. It all comes down to which you prefer: dark blue alphas or light blue alphas. I'm partial to the Dasher version because it was the Dasher terminal that caught my eye and inspired the set to begin with.

Ignore the above...total brain fart. I think that the darker blue (BO) modifiers would look best set against white alphas because the high contrast between legend and keycap shell is more consistent that way.

But if you can't decide, I recommend just getting both! :mrgreen:
Last edited by zslane on 14 Dec 2016, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Norman_

14 Dec 2016, 21:10

zslane wrote: I estimate we are about 10% of the way there (assuming we need to collect $10k).
That bad huh? fuck

xtr0n

14 Dec 2016, 23:12

Does anyone have an update on the problems mentioned over the last few months?

Is there someone collecting PayPal now?

Did 7bit get the accounting details from the previous collectors?

Did 7bit or SP get all of the money that the previous collectors collected?

If the bot says that you've paid in full, does that mean that your money really got to 7bit and your payment is really accounted for?

User avatar
zslane

14 Dec 2016, 23:37

xtr0n wrote: Does anyone have an update on the problems mentioned over the last few months?

Is there someone collecting PayPal now?
Yes, there are now two PayPal collectors in the U.S. helping 7bit with this.
Did 7bit get the accounting details from the previous collectors?

Did 7bit or SP get all of the money that the previous collectors collected?

If the bot says that you've paid in full, does that mean that your money really got to 7bit and your payment is really accounted for?
7bit has been 100% utilized just sorting, packing, and shipping phase 1. He hasn't mentioned where he stands with regard to payments collected previously by SL89.

User avatar
Parjánya

15 Dec 2016, 00:28

I think we should 7bit have the peace to sort and ship phase 1, then we could get to all the problems...

About SL89, I disputed my payment to him the day 7bit suggested us to do so; I got the money back 3 weeks after, and days after that 7bot had accepted that payment, and again, days after that, it had removed the payment again. So I think SL89 sent all he had to 7bit.
Last edited by Parjánya on 15 Dec 2016, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Norman_

15 Dec 2016, 02:22

I need to stop joining group buys, every one i join ends up in disaster

User avatar
zslane

15 Dec 2016, 02:28

Hey, this one is only half a disaster... ;)

User avatar
nosage

15 Dec 2016, 04:48

7bit, please add one more of HONEYB/SHIFT175/BLACK, ty!

rasness

15 Dec 2016, 10:00

Parjánya wrote: I think we should 7bit have the peace to sort and ship phase 1, then we could get to all the problems...

About SL89, I disputed my payment to him the day 7bit suggested us to do so; I got the money back 3 weeks after, and days after that 7bot had accepted that payment, and again, days after that, it had removed the payment again. So I think SL89 sent all he had to 7bit.
should i be doing the same and dispute my paypal payment to SL89 for a refund too? Maybe then I could make payment to the current collectors to move this GB along nicely.

edit: grammar

User avatar
caligo

15 Dec 2016, 10:22

Norman_ wrote: I need to stop joining group buys, every one i join ends up in disaster
I think disaster is way to strong a word for this one (or at least a premature sentiment). GBs often end up taking longer than expected, run into a few unforseen problems, etc. But I'd reserve the term disaster for those where the whole thing falls through, where the person running the group buy runs of with all the money, or where people end up having the worn things shipped to them. So far, none of those things have happened – people received their R5 orders just fine, and I have no doubt that people will get their Phase 1 R6 keys. :)

Phase 2, however, that's a different story. And that's where all my R6 keys are at. :cry: And I get it, stuff happens – PayPal collectors not doing what they where supposed to is something that does derail GBs from time to time, as does manufacturing errors. And at the moment, the focus is obviously on sorting and shipping Phase 1. But once the dust settles, we'll need to deal with the fallout of dividing R6 into what's effectively two GBs financed with the same pile of money. I for one am curious how the funds have been managed, e.g. if money paid for Phase 2 orders has gone into paying for the shipping of Phase 1 orders – which would seem to be the case, based on what 7bit has posted here:
7bit wrote: I'm quite sure I will have finished sorting by the end of the upcoming week.
:o

To all people who pay in EUR: I need your money to pay for shipping!
:shock:
If that is the case, this effectively on its way to becoming something of a a Ponzi scheme. I'm not implying malice here – I highly doubt 7bit can buy himself an island in the Bahamas with the money he makes running GBs on DT. But if the scramble to get Phase 1 off the ground has made things worse for us Phase 2 guys, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. If that is the case, and if Phase 2 remains in limbo, then I'd be inclined to use the world disaster. We're not there yet. But it would be nice to know if that's the direction we're headed in.

User avatar
Boxx

15 Dec 2016, 11:50

My payment to SL89 in October took several weeks to go through, but my latest invoice is saying paid up to the penny so I guess it's all good.

User avatar
GriffDeLaGriff

15 Dec 2016, 15:43

Im glad I payed by Visa, but I really need to be shown a plan of some sort to be able to sit and wait nicely even if it takes a year more we need some sort of plan to keep it goin imho. i love they caps, I need them, but also need to know there is a way-sort of - forward.

User avatar
usopia

15 Dec 2016, 17:43

:o...got some keycaps today:
IMG_1507.JPG
IMG_1507.JPG (891.33 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
(R6 phase 1 and two small kits from R5 leftovers)
Last edited by usopia on 15 Dec 2016, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Norman_

15 Dec 2016, 17:44

caligo wrote:
Norman_ wrote: I need to stop joining group buys, every one i join ends up in disaster
I think disaster is way to strong a word for this one (or at least a premature sentiment). GBs often end up taking longer than expected, run into a few unforseen problems, etc. But I'd reserve the term disaster for those where the whole thing falls through, where the person running the group buy runs of with all the money, or where people end up having the worn things shipped to them. So far, none of those things have happened – people received their R5 orders just fine, and I have no doubt that people will get their Phase 1 R6 keys. :)

Phase 2, however, that's a different story. And that's where all my R6 keys are at. :cry: And I get it, stuff happens – PayPal collectors not doing what they where supposed to is something that does derail GBs from time to time, as does manufacturing errors. And at the moment, the focus is obviously on sorting and shipping Phase 1. But once the dust settles, we'll need to deal with the fallout of dividing R6 into what's effectively two GBs financed with the same pile of money. I for one am curious how the funds have been managed, e.g. if money paid for Phase 2 orders has gone into paying for the shipping of Phase 1 orders – which would seem to be the case, based on what 7bit has posted here:
7bit wrote: I'm quite sure I will have finished sorting by the end of the upcoming week.
:o

To all people who pay in EUR: I need your money to pay for shipping!
:shock:
If that is the case, this effectively on its way to becoming something of a a Ponzi scheme. I'm not implying malice here – I highly doubt 7bit can buy himself an island in the Bahamas with the money he makes running GBs on DT. But if the scramble to get Phase 1 off the ground has made things worse for us Phase 2 guys, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. If that is the case, and if Phase 2 remains in limbo, then I'd be inclined to use the world disaster. We're not there yet. But it would be nice to know if that's the direction we're headed in.
I'm ready to call it a disaster for at least phase 2 (Phase 1 is going perfectly smooth by 7bit standards. Someone posted a pic of the caps they got above in the time it took me to write this :lol: ) not necessarily because of the delay, but because there isn't enough money. And with 7bit giving people 25% off of round 7 it's not like he can afford to shift his margin from Round 7 to pay for an already delayed and incomplete GB.

Without that i don't see how we'll ever there at the current rate, because orders are mostly closed and we're down to leftovers, which also still have to be payed for.

User avatar
zslane

15 Dec 2016, 19:45

usopia wrote: :o...got some keycaps today:
Nice!

The benefits of living in Germany, I suppose.

It's amusing that these keycaps will go from upstate Washington, all the way to Germany, and then all the way back to me in California; a month-long journey (at least) for something that would take 3-4 days if purchased directly from SP.

Tyr

15 Dec 2016, 19:47

zslane wrote:
usopia wrote: :o...got some keycaps today:
It's amusing that these keycaps will go from upstate Washington, all the way to Germany, and then all the way back to me in California; a month-long journey (at least) for something that would take 3-4 days if purchased directly from SP.
This is why I don't buy GMK keysets from Massdrop. It's even worse because we have to pay import costs and VAT, like it wasn't made like a hundred km away :(

User avatar
usopia

15 Dec 2016, 20:18

ya, the wicked ways of globalisation! ;)

We recently had a GMK-GB for Dolch caps in ISO-DE and some additional caps. The price for the mainset (139 caps) cost 111 euros (+€ 6.- shipping) . I don't know whether Massdrop could offer the set cheaper. But at the latest including the costs for customs and shipping it would be really expensive.
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showt ... ?t=1601148

User avatar
Nuum

15 Dec 2016, 21:16

The only thing that makes GMK sets from the US more expensive should be shipping. The Americans don't pay German VAT on keycaps from GMK, so we Germans have to when they get send from the US. If bought directly from Germany from GMK, VAT is already included, so the price for the keycaps alone is the same for Germans either way. I don't know about import fees to the US, though.

User avatar
nafsasp

15 Dec 2016, 23:39

Nuum wrote: The only thing that makes GMK sets from the US more expensive should be shipping. The Americans don't pay German VAT on keycaps from GMK, so we Germans have to when they get send from the US. If bought directly from Germany from GMK, VAT is already included, so the price for the keycaps alone is the same for Germans either way. I don't know about import fees to the US, though.
I think we don't generally pay customs on this sort of thing going to the US. I've never paid customs on anything I've ordered internationally at least.

User avatar
Ail

16 Dec 2016, 00:01

nafsasp wrote:
Nuum wrote: The only thing that makes GMK sets from the US more expensive should be shipping. The Americans don't pay German VAT on keycaps from GMK, so we Germans have to when they get send from the US. If bought directly from Germany from GMK, VAT is already included, so the price for the keycaps alone is the same for Germans either way. I don't know about import fees to the US, though.
I think we don't generally pay customs on this sort of thing going to the US. I've never paid customs on anything I've ordered internationally at least.
Me either and that includes packages with a few hundred dollars worth of items from Taobao.

User avatar
nosage

16 Dec 2016, 15:27

usopia wrote: :o...got some keycaps today:
IMG_1507.JPG
(R6 phase 1 and two small kits from R5 leftovers)
That is damn sexy

User avatar
mecano

16 Dec 2016, 16:01

usopia wrote: :o...got some keycaps today:

(R6 phase 1 and two small kits from R5 leftovers)
Now we need a R6 capening thread, how about you making the first post?

User avatar
Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Dec 2016, 16:33


ishtob

16 Dec 2016, 18:40

7bit wrote: These are all packed and tomorrow, a larger amount of them will ship ...
1061
:o
doh.. mine is 1060... so cloooseee

User avatar
Ail

16 Dec 2016, 20:35

Space Cadet looks incredible. Kinda wish I had gone with that, but the Honeywell looks great too. It's a shame I ended up disliking SA profile.

User avatar
zslane

16 Dec 2016, 20:50

How much time did you give yourself with SA to become accustomed to it?

After 30 years of becoming used to cylindricals (gag), SA definitely felt unusual. But I stuck with it and I won't type on anything else now (well, except for DSA on smaller boards).

User avatar
Laser
emacs -nw

16 Dec 2016, 21:05

Ail wrote: Space Cadet looks incredible. Kinda wish I had gone with that, but the Honeywell looks great too. It's a shame I ended up disliking SA profile.
Well, if you don't like them, you don't like them - so you can sell them to me for cheap then :mrgreen:

User avatar
tofagerl

16 Dec 2016, 21:42

So if we have stuff from both phases, we get them shipped separately? Cause I have like 250USD from phase1 and a buck fifty from phase 2.

khongthenhuvay

16 Dec 2016, 21:48

Someone sell me the blue and cream alphas please :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
zslane

16 Dec 2016, 22:12

tofagerl wrote: So if we have stuff from both phases, we get them shipped separately? Cause I have like 250USD from phase1 and a buck fifty from phase 2.
Yes.

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”