Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

zzyjayfree

05 Jan 2017, 06:56

Hi 7 but. Are caps shipped separately in several packages? Cause I only received a small (very) part of what I ordered...

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 08:42

The same thing happened to me. The first package that arrived was small and only contained a couple of kits and some spacebars. But a few days later a second package arrived that contained the other 16 kits. So just be patient and I'm sure the rest of your order will arrive shortly.

I am very happy (and impressed) to report that my entire phase 1 order is complete and perfect. Which is really saying something considering the size of the order. :shock:

BTW, does anyone know why the NUMPAD kits come with two "3" keys (with different style legends)?

User avatar
HelixDan

05 Jan 2017, 13:30

7bit wrote: These orders are packed and will ship in 2 days:
0021
0192
0221
0275
0277
0367
0455
0461
0483
0487
0498
0515
0538
0545
0556
0583
0606
0627
0735
0770
0811
0813
0930
0931
0993
1027
:cool:

@0465: I will pack your order tomorrow and to answer your question:
SHIPNOW does not harm anything, but does not speed yup shipping, becuase I ship all I have here at no extra charge!
:ugeek:

ps: Happy New Year everybody!
:-)

:? :? :? no 0581 here, found out it

User avatar
Mr.Bean

05 Jan 2017, 13:46

These orders are packed and will ship in 2 days:
0021
ffffuuuuuuuu

Mine is #0020

User avatar
nosage

05 Jan 2017, 15:44

zslane wrote: The same thing happened to me. The first package that arrived was small and only contained a couple of kits and some spacebars. But a few days later a second package arrived that contained the other 16 kits. So just be patient and I'm sure the rest of your order will arrive shortly.

I am very happy (and impressed) to report that my entire phase 1 order is complete and perfect. Which is really saying something considering the size of the order. :shock:

BTW, does anyone know why the NUMPAD kits come with two "3" keys (with different style legends)?
nice zlane! mind posting a picture of the 3's?

User avatar
krutmob

05 Jan 2017, 17:24

Pics please zlane! What are you putting the caps on?

Lipton

05 Jan 2017, 17:37

Question, I think I read somewhere here that these are double shot ABS?

However they feel soooo good vs your regular ABS, here are some photos: http://imgur.com/gallery/gUWKc

Like if this is just double shot ABS, what the hell is PBT?!? lol do you orgasm when you touch them?

These Space Cadet keys feel great to the touch, the press, the shine, the thickness is awesome.

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 19:14

nosage wrote:
zslane wrote: The same thing happened to me. The first package that arrived was small and only contained a couple of kits and some spacebars. But a few days later a second package arrived that contained the other 16 kits. So just be patient and I'm sure the rest of your order will arrive shortly.

I am very happy (and impressed) to report that my entire phase 1 order is complete and perfect. Which is really saying something considering the size of the order. :shock:

BTW, does anyone know why the NUMPAD kits come with two "3" keys (with different style legends)?
nice zlane! mind posting a picture of the 3's?
The kit illustrations show what I mean:

Image

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 19:17

krutmob wrote: Pics please zlane! What are you putting the caps on?
Once I actually have all the keyboards outfitted properly I will post pics in the Cappening thread.

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 19:26

Lipton wrote: Question, I think I read somewhere here that these are double shot ABS?
:
Like if this is just double shot ABS, what the hell is PBT?!? lol do you orgasm when you touch them?
Yes, this entire group buy is strictly double-shot ABS. PBT is a denser, non-amorphous plastic that can sound a little different when you type on them, but the main benefit to PBT is durability: they won't turn yellow or lose their texture over time the way ABS does. In terms of its (very subtle) aesthetic differences, PBT is nice and all, but I don't feel it is worth all the fuss some folks make over it.

SA keycaps are nice and thick and of very high quality compared to most keycaps out there. I absolutely love them. There are a couple of cylindrical keycap families out there, both new and vintage, which are even thicker and higher quality, but they don't come in appealing colors and they are, well, cylindrical rather than spherical, which makes them oh so very prosaic in my view.

For my money, Round 6 is the best SA keycap group buy ever offered; we just gotta get phase 2 funded so we can all get our Honeywell colors now! :!:

User avatar
XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Jan 2017, 19:51

...I'm a dummy. There was definitely Shipping Information in the response I got from 7bot when I said WASSUP after my order shipped.

Code: Select all

================= Shipping Information ===============
2016-12-20:RM987654321DE (https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html)
                         (Date-format is day month year)
======================================================
(I changed the tracking number.)

Is it too late to order some more HONEYB/TKL/BLACK kits? I guess I'm not clear what I can order as part of Round 6 Phase 2.

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 20:07

AFAICT, there is no definitive list of what is available as leftovers at the moment. Presumably 7bit will some day announce that he has updated the database and wiki. In the mean time, you can try to order kits, but there's no way to know for sure if they are or aren't actually available (or will become available after unpaid orders are cancelled, freeing up kits currently logged in the inventory database as having 0 stock).

User avatar
XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Jan 2017, 20:18

That's fine, but, there isn't a nice way to do refunds and I don't really want to carry a balance of hundreds of USD for years until Round 7.

User avatar
monkeyplusplus

05 Jan 2017, 20:30

Oh shoot, my order is 0931 but it looks like the shiptracking cost was applied to a previous shipment on the same order. Any chance I can still add that, or has it gone out the door?

[edit: added it anyway since some of my caps are in phase II, so they need tracking in any case]

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 20:52

XMIT wrote: That's fine, but, there isn't a nice way to do refunds and I don't really want to carry a balance of hundreds of USD for years until Round 7.
A PayPal refund is pretty easy to execute. 8-)

User avatar
phinix

05 Jan 2017, 21:02

OK, paypal collectors - how's the payments going? Are we getting there or not?

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 21:25

I estimate we are 35-40% of the way towards the $10k goal.

fouras

05 Jan 2017, 21:48

Leftovers are sill for sale, right? I tried to order a few things but got no response from the bot, and sending it WASSUP did nothing either. Does it take a long time to respond, or have I done something wrong? Do the messages need a certain title?

User avatar
Ail

05 Jan 2017, 22:51

phinix wrote: OK, paypal collectors - how's the payments going? Are we getting there or not?
zslane wrote: I estimate we are 35-40% of the way towards the $10k goal.
I broke the 30% mark as of today. So that's probably a good estimate.

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 22:52

Yes, leftovers are still for sale. 7bit usually sends out updated invoices every 24 hours, but it can sometimes take longer if he is really busy with other things.

User avatar
Ail

05 Jan 2017, 22:53

fouras wrote: Leftovers are sill for sale, right? I tried to order a few things but got no response from the bot, and sending it WASSUP did nothing either. Does it take a long time to respond, or have I done something wrong? Do the messages need a certain title?
The bot is not always fast to respond, and so long as you ordered correctly you will get a response. Title doesn't matter. Give it a few days at least to be sure.

User avatar
zslane

05 Jan 2017, 22:53

Ail wrote:
phinix wrote: OK, paypal collectors - how's the payments going? Are we getting there or not?
zslane wrote: I estimate we are 35-40% of the way towards the $10k goal.
I broke the 30% mark as of today. So that's probably a good estimate.
I'm at just over 15%, so combined we're at about 45% I guess.

At least we're making measurable progress now. Two months ago phase 2 funding was simply dead in the water. The situation has vastly improved, IMO. :!:

User avatar
phinix

05 Jan 2017, 23:12

Correct me if I'm wrong - so now we are selling leftovers, but also are waiting for some people to pay for their ordered stuff?
Do we know now how much money people must still pay for ordered items?
Last edited by phinix on 06 Jan 2017, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

fouras

05 Jan 2017, 23:48

zslane wrote: Yes, leftovers are still for sale. 7bit usually sends out updated invoices every 24 hours, but it can sometimes take longer if he is really busy with other things.
Ail wrote: The bot is not always fast to respond, and so long as you ordered correctly you will get a response. Title doesn't matter. Give it a few days at least to be sure.
Alright, thank you.

User avatar
GriffDeLaGriff

06 Jan 2017, 10:34

phinix wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong - so now we are selling leftovers, but also are waiting for some people to pay for their ordered stuff?
Do we know now how much money people must still pay for ordered items?

No. Could be nothing, could be something. We need an update but sorti g and shipping what people payed for yers ago is high priority.

khongthenhuvay

06 Jan 2017, 11:58

phinix wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong - so now we are selling leftovers, but also are waiting for some people to pay for their ordered stuff?
Do we know now how much money people must still pay for ordered items?
Our heroes, Ail and zslane, collected over $2k now.

Based on MY calculation, 7bit collected only $2k to $5k, due to stucked money on proxies and the amount he had to pay for remaking caps.

So, we need $3k to $6k more to let SP put R6 phase 2 on their schedule.

My R6 caps have just arrived, they are awesome :D. Still wanna buy CREAM alpha caps, if anyone want to let them go :D

Image

meanderingthalweg

06 Jan 2017, 14:33

phinix wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong - so now we are selling leftovers, but also are waiting for some people to pay for their ordered stuff?
Do we know now how much money people must still pay for ordered items?
I'm an example of this... I don't want to make multiple payments, so I need 7bit to add a few final requested caps to my leftovers order before I'm ready to make the approx $250 payment.

Also, do we have any idea how much has been paid by Googlepay or Bank Transfer? That amount should also contribute towards the $10,000 needed for Phase 2, right?

Finally, if you've got Round 6 caps and haven't posted in the Cappening thread, please do so! I love seeing all the gorgeous layouts!

User avatar
GriffDeLaGriff

06 Jan 2017, 15:53

Reds and whites!!

pemap09

06 Jan 2017, 16:31

Hi 7bit, and my invoice is shipped? #1019
Attachments
15784964_1430516133633781_1741894686_o.jpg
15784964_1430516133633781_1741894686_o.jpg (538.68 KiB) Viewed 785 times

astonlau

06 Jan 2017, 16:33

I have one question, if my 30% of order is phase1 caps, the rest of 70% is phase2 caps, will those phase1 caps be ship individually? #0703

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”