Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

ThePewster

26 Jul 2018, 08:58

LastBrat wrote: A note to all buyers who pay in EUROs - I will not be collecting money via PayPal anymore, so any new payments will not be accepted. I will transfer the last payments made to 7bit, so if you already paid - do not worry. 8-)
If you haven't received your keycaps, or have any other issue, please take it up with 7bit personally (PM him), and do not open PP disputes (= not cool), as I cannot help you and do not have your money anymore either. Thank you all, and I hope I was able to help some of you getting your R5 caps!
Thanks for your efforts! :)

fireworm

31 Jul 2018, 20:13

PM'd 7bit, and tried to do 7bot ordering...

No dice yet. How long do folks typically wait for help / orders from 7bot?

Am I blocked by the spam filter, since I've not made posts?

zslane

31 Jul 2018, 20:57

After you PM 7bot with order information, it usually takes at least 24 hours before you get an invoice. However, things like summer vacations can delay anything and everything since the bot is only semi-autonomous and requires 7bit to turn the crank, so to speak.

fireworm

31 Jul 2018, 21:29

Cool. Waiting game it is. :)

breh

03 Aug 2018, 04:50

Yea, I had some round 5 missing keys that finally shipped but I had moved across the country. Trying to pay for reshipping and order some more leftovers. Was curious if 7bit was around. Sent an updated address to 7bot and some extra orders but haven't gotten a response.

ThePewster

03 Aug 2018, 10:00

breh wrote: Yea, I had some round 5 missing keys that finally shipped but I had moved across the country. Trying to pay for reshipping and order some more leftovers. Was curious if 7bit was around. Sent an updated address to 7bot and some extra orders but haven't gotten a response.
I think 7bot is taking some down time. Sent a couple of messages last week. Still waiting for a response (via email).

Alponj78

04 Aug 2018, 03:40

Hi folks. Can someone please explain what i need to do to have 7bot reply to my order round 6 leftovers request. I have sent him 1/2 a dozen messages and also messaged 7bit. No response whatsoever. Am i doing something wrong?

zslane

04 Aug 2018, 18:30

I suspect 7bit is on vacation and won't be responding to messages (or updating the bot) for a little while. Could be as long as another week or so. Just hang in there!

TheEerieCold

05 Aug 2018, 19:52

Has anyone who received red alpha keys from leftovers had issues with several of the keys not matching in color? I went to put on a set today and noticed that the [ ; ' < ? keys are all a lighter color red than the other alphas. It's fairly noticible in a well lit room. This was from HONEYB/ALPHAINT/RED. I understand there is a slight difference in color from each batch but I guess I was expecting the keys from a single kit of alphas to match up at the very least.

Left is a normal colored alpha while the center and right are the off colored red.

Also compared to a kbdrunner.

1st and 2nd columns are normal while the 3rd is not. Oddly enough one of the symbols in column 4 is the right color.

ThePewster

05 Aug 2018, 20:00

There are bunch of red keys in my order but no alphas. Yet to get my keys and will post the photos once I get 'em.

adamcobabe

06 Aug 2018, 00:16

I think earlier rounds (5 maybe) had a much lighter more translucent red color. Looks like you've received a mix of batches. :( I have a set of red alphas with the lighter shade with the exception of the scooped f and j keys. It's too much for my OCD so I don't really use them. If anyone has lighter f and j keys, I'd love to trade or buy them off you.

Eggplant

07 Aug 2018, 05:24

Getting a mixed batch seems like an oversight to me, given that's all of the keys are from the same kit.

runsamok

08 Aug 2018, 02:49

Eggplant wrote: Getting a mixed batch seems like an oversight to me, given that's all of the keys are from the same kit.
Did you get HONEYB or HONEYG sets? Because HONEYG are assembled from leftovers/grab bags. They're kinda like the bologna of keycap sets, so they may not have come from the same batch, even if they came as set.

Norman_

10 Aug 2018, 03:09

How do i know if i'm in line to receive replacement/missing caps? my /? is all messed up

breh

12 Aug 2018, 04:51

Norman_ wrote: How do i know if i'm in line to receive replacement/missing caps? my /? is all messed up
I figure we just wait for 7bit to come back from summer vacation. I mean we waited 2 years for round 5, what's another month?

zslane

12 Aug 2018, 17:56

breh wrote:
Norman_ wrote: How do i know if i'm in line to receive replacement/missing caps? my /? is all messed up
I figure we just wait for 7bit to come back from summer vacation. I mean we waited 2 years for round 5, what's another month?
Yes, that is exactly the attitude you must take in a 7bit group buy, otherwise you'll just go insane.

I look at it this way: it may take 2-3 years to get your keycaps, but if properly cared for, they will last a lifetime. They will most likely outlive the keyboards they (eventually) sit on, and may even outlive keyboards period (humanity having moved on to something else entirely in thirty years, you never know).

Griffy

13 Aug 2018, 12:34

Blasphemy!

zslane

13 Aug 2018, 19:07

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Blasphemy!
I know, right?

But just look at what passes for a keyboard on laptops these days. This style has even infected Apple desktop systems. And with the kids these days tapping on tiny glass screens with their thumbs as the only typing they do, I get the sense that the days of traditional typing on mechanical keyboards are ultimately numbered, and may not even last the rest of my lifetime (except as museum curiosities and hobbyist artifacts...kinda like typewriters today).

hansichen

13 Aug 2018, 19:17

zslane wrote: Yes, that is exactly the attitude you must take in a 7bit group buy, otherwise you'll just go insane.

I look at it this way: it may take 2-3 years to get your keycaps, but if properly cared for, they will last a lifetime. They will most likely outlive the keyboards they (eventually) sit on, and may even outlive keyboards period (humanity having moved on to something else entirely in thirty years, you never know).
Except if you put the caps on box switches :lol:

Luna
Alt255

13 Aug 2018, 19:26

zslane wrote:
GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Blasphemy!
I know, right?

But just look at what passes for a keyboard on laptops these days. This style has even infected Apple desktop systems. And with the kids these days tapping on tiny glass screens with their thumbs as the only typing they do, I get the sense that the days of traditional typing on mechanical keyboards are ultimately numbered, and may not even last the rest of my lifetime (except as museum curiosities and hobbyist artifacts...kinda like typewriters today).
My idea as well.
And the same goes for cars and motorbikes for example. Electrical and crappy Euro-4 engines. I made sure to get one of each with a real and decent petrol engine and think I’ll keep them for the remainder of my life. If I ever buy another car it’ll be an oldtimer.
And I stocked up on decent keyboards as well.

Norman_

13 Aug 2018, 22:43

breh wrote:
Yea, i don't care that it will take a long time, I'm used to it.

I just want to make sure it will come eventually.

zacjor1

15 Aug 2018, 20:28

Does anyone know how the Maxkey black SA caps compare to round 5? I just need black with white alphas...

ThePewster

15 Aug 2018, 20:40

zacjor1 wrote: Does anyone know how the Maxkey black SA caps compare to round 5? I just need black with white alphas...
Don't mean to take a dig on Maxkeys. Their legends often tend to have some issues. If you just want white on black, may I suggest you to check out Filco SA keyset made by SP? Here's the link https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in ... ail&p=2076

They also have similar set in White, so you can buy two and enjoy the B&W mix of alphas and mods.

zacjor1

15 Aug 2018, 20:43

ThePewster wrote:
zacjor1 wrote: Does anyone know how the Maxkey black SA caps compare to round 5? I just need black with white alphas...
Don't mean to take a dig on Maxkeys. Their legends often tend to have some issues. If you just want white on black, may I suggest you to check out Filco SA keyset made by SP? Here's the link https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in ... ail&p=2076
Well, I have Round 5/6 caps, so I'd like the legends to match. Thanks for the suggestion still!

zslane

15 Aug 2018, 23:25

The Filco keycaps aren’t black, they are a very dark brown, and the legends are corner legends rather than centered legends. They don’t match up with any other SA set I’ve ever seen.

ThePewster

15 Aug 2018, 23:59

zslane wrote: The Filco keycaps aren’t black, they are a very dark brown, and the legends are corner legends rather than centered legends. They don’t match up with any other SA set I’ve ever seen.
Aha. Have only seen them in photos. Wasn't sure about the colours. Thanks for that :D

zslane

16 Aug 2018, 01:16

D6D91577-A0CA-4689-BFE9-1B9841858B56.jpeg
D6D91577-A0CA-4689-BFE9-1B9841858B56.jpeg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 6255 times

ThePewster

16 Aug 2018, 17:21

Dark Brown indeed. I was about to jump the gun and order them. You just saved my $69. Thank you.

Red_M

19 Aug 2018, 13:30

I kinda want another set of red keys for a full keyboard.
Is anyone looking to sell me some? ;)

ThePewster

20 Aug 2018, 15:20

Red_M wrote: I kinda want another set of red keys for a full keyboard.
Is anyone looking to sell me some? ;)
Spotted a post in r/mm - some guy is selling Round 5/6 keycaps in Red, Grey, Black, and Blue colours.

Return to “Group buys”