02 May 2019, 04:36

Wintermute1974 wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 06:22
nikolai wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 03:46
how do i order more caps with this new method i'm too confused :(
trungminhtp wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 17:26
Please help me how to check orders, I have done many ways without receiving any feedback from 7bit, I have difficulty with the new method, thank all.
The New York Times recommends that its confidential sources use Mailvelope:
"Mailvelope is a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox that makes it easy to use PGP. The extension will only encrypt the contents of the email you’re sending. Mailvelope will not encrypt metadata such as sender, recipient, subject or information about when the email was sent. This metadata will be available to your email provider."

The instructions for this tool can be found here:
https://www.mailvelope.com/en/help

I too received the email message from 7bit about the new communications channel. These are the instructions that I plan to use the next time that I write to the 7bot.
Thank :D

andreas1337

08 May 2019, 16:27

andreas1337 wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 15:47
andreas1337 wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 14:12
Just a quick update about missing keys from my order, in case anyone is interested in the progress.

I am still missing HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE. Messaged the bot on May 9, got a PM from 7bit to confirm that they keys are actually missing on May 21. Then nothing. Just got an updated invoice from the bot that says

============Missing keys======================
HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE |ALPHA white extra kit
2018-05-21: awaiting response

Exciting stuff :)
After a long wait, I got the HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE kit. But it is missing some keys :shock: As far as I can tell, I am missing the row 1 tilde, the row 2 back slash, and the row 3 semicolon. I got one row 1 backslash button that I think should not be included in the kit. Can anyone confirm this? I cannot find the original kit descriptions anymore.

They are cool keys, but sort of useless when not complete. Exiting journey though :lol:

So, I emailed the new bot on May 6 using the instructions provided by 7bit. But I still got no response from the bot. Did anyone manage to talk to the new bot via email? If so, how long does it usually take the bot to respond?

Thanks in advance :)

andreas1337

08 May 2019, 16:29

bit-shifter wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 16:09
@andreas1337, you might be able to find the kit descriptions on 7bit.info

If, by any chance, you aren't an ISO user - I could provide a very good home for the bslash pipe key ;)

Incidentally, I'm still collecting for round 7 if anyone is keen to hop on the buy? The violet & cream sub round is currently active, but you can order for any of the subsequent colourways.

Cheers,
- bit-shifter
I don't need the tiny pipe key, but I guess it has to go back to 7bit. It's not really mine, I think.

eatanygoodbooks

18 May 2019, 20:15

I think a while back it was mentioned that additional red keycap leftovers were coming, but has it happened? All I need are 2 1.25u control key caps in red :(

eatanygoodbooks

19 May 2019, 18:44

Also, I have an unpaid invoice, has a PayPal collector been found?

trungminhtp

20 May 2019, 06:55

Hello everyone, I need alpha - red or black. If you have and sell that one, please send me a pm. Thank you for attention!

andreas1337

28 May 2019, 10:54

andreas1337 wrote:
08 May 2019, 16:27

So, I emailed the new bot on May 6 using the instructions provided by 7bit. But I still got no response from the bot. Did anyone manage to talk to the new bot via email? If so, how long does it usually take the bot to respond?

Thanks in advance :)
I still got no response from new email bot or 7bit. I guess 7bit is a busy person. And the bot must be a very busy bot...

melee27a

28 May 2019, 18:38

I'm glad I found this thread! I've also been trying to get some leftovers from Round 5/6, but haven't been able to order successfully. When I send an order, I *do* get an email back from the bot (about a day later), but it contains an empty cart. :(

Has anyone gotten any further? I noticed the other day that one of my messages for 7bit went from outbox to sent. So maybe he read it? Maybe he's showing signs of life?

I shouldn't help you guys too much: we're all in competition for those sweet sweet leftovers. :D

Luna
Alt255

28 Jun 2019, 05:00

If anyone has a round5/6 BLUE Return in standard size (225) I'd be willing to pay well for it!
I live in Europe but would cover all shipping costs worldwide of course.

melee27a

29 Jun 2019, 07:27

Luna, depending on your budget, there’s Maxkey Blue and Gray, or Kono Symbiosis 2.0.

eatanygoodbooks

29 Jun 2019, 07:34

Luna wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 05:00
If anyone has a round5/6 BLUE Return in standard size (225) I'd be willing to pay well for it!
I live in Europe but would cover all shipping costs worldwide of course.
How well does the blue return from SA Oblivion match?

I use the red from that set with my 7bit red mods - color wise it a perfect match, the font is a little off but I’m overall pleased.

melee27a

29 Jun 2019, 07:40

They’re both BFP, apparently. So they’re the same color.

Luna
Alt255

29 Jun 2019, 11:37

Yep, these seem to match. So anyone have a 225 return from any of those sets?

eatanygoodbooks

29 Jun 2019, 13:19

Luna wrote:
I should have some, but let me confirm when I can. PM me your private email so I can send you a final yay or nay. :)

Luna
Alt255

29 Jun 2019, 13:24

eatanygoodbooks wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 13:19
Luna wrote:
I should have some, but let me confirm when I can. PM me your private email so I can send you a final yay or nay. :)
PM sent, thanks! :)

valniro

03 Jul 2019, 11:24

7bit wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 12:39
About refunds: I look into this right now. Some asked for a refund where I was sure they already got it and some new came up recently ...
@7bit: me and other users are waiting since last year for a refund, how long do we still have to wait? Shall we come and knock at your very door to get our money back? Your silence about this is getting unbearable.

blighty

05 Jul 2019, 20:20

When I collected funds for Round4 in 2012, I recall people were asking for refunds when they had supposedly already received them. I'm wonder if anyone made a profit off their multiple refunds?

I don't know if this makes any difference, but when I was collecting, I'm pretty sure I never sent any money to 7bit directly. I believe I bank transferred money to Signature Plastics or 2 or 3 times refunded/paid people when instructed by 7bit. It was rather a stressful situation, wondering if someone was going to do a PayPal chargeback, locking up my account. I was relieved when the 3 or 6 month window passed from when I collected the last payment from someone, because I could finally relax about the chargebacks.

Opinion:
Anyway, I'd think that 7bit would only have a limited amount of cash collected via the EU bank transfer method, if any at all at this point. As for his silence, who knows? Hopefully he's okay, but probably stressing about these group buy situations. If he had the money to personally pay people back, I'm sure he would. These buys could have been easily (and perhaps were) torpedoed by a volunteer PayPal collector who decided to spend their GB collected funds on their own stuff instead of passing it on for payment. I, for one, was shocked that I was allowed to collect around $18k to pass to Signature Plastics because I said "Sure, I'll collect money to help finish the buy." I remember filling out the transfer paperwork to SP, and the bank officer said, "This money is for computer keycaps? Why?" One thing I thought though was at times it felt like current buy money was being spent to make up for previous Round shortfalls. I think SP deciding to only take full payment for orders could have made the 7bit's Round systems more difficult. Kind of like capping a top of a pyramid?

With any luck, people will get their refunds and their Round 7 caps!
Last edited by blighty on 06 Jul 2019, 00:07, edited 2 times in total.

Luna
Alt255

05 Jul 2019, 20:44

I wish 7bit would work with Massdrop for round7. Such great caps that are probably never going to see the daylight.

phinix

17 Sep 2019, 17:00

Where can I find list of kits from Round6?

phinix

17 Sep 2019, 17:24

I'm looking for few caps from round6.
Blue (white legends) Tsangan caps, I believe they are called:
  • 2x 1.5u CTRL
  • 2x 1.5u ALT
  • 2x 1u Win or something like that

Anyone have some of these?
Last edited by phinix on 17 Sep 2019, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.

Luna
Alt255

17 Sep 2019, 17:26

I'm looking for a blue Enter key.

adamcobabe

17 Sep 2019, 18:33

phinix wrote:
17 Sep 2019, 17:24
I'm looking for few caps from round6.
Blue (white legends) Tsangan caps, I believe they are called:
  • 2x 1.5u CTRL
  • 2x 1.5u ALT
  • 2x 1u Win or something like that
Anyone have some of these?
Best of luck. I spent a lot of time trying to track down those keys as well from 7bit's leftovers. I'm still looking for a CTRL or two. I also wanted a set of F1-F12 keys in blue. Couldn't find them so I ended up joining the SA Symbiosis group buy hoping that the colors match. When those keys finally arrive, and if I can pillage them to finish my Round 6 sets, I might have some keys leftover that will work for you.

Ichigo87

07 Oct 2019, 20:21

Hi there

Is there any R4 175 SHIFT in red that has been manufactured in previous Group Buy ?

I am looking for one but don't know if it exists...

Also looking for a backspace 1u R1 red.

Thanks !

gbchk

27 Oct 2019, 02:45

Looking for some 1.5u and 1u grey modifiers (ctrl, alt, hyper, meta, super, etc) to fill out a honeywell colorway. Are leftovers available avywhere? The wiki page shows nothing and says the it will be updated when the bot is running.

trungminhtp

30 Oct 2019, 09:33

I'm looking for a blue , red alpha.

fubarecognition

27 Aug 2020, 23:14

Is it possible to buy the HONEY/FUNCTION/RED (Function and modifier kit)?

patpro

16 Nov 2020, 11:56

Hi all.
I'm very new to deskthority and my experience so far is limited to some group buys bought via proxies (aka candykeys and al.).
I've just felt in love with SA HONEY round 5 in white alphas + red modifiers.
I wonder if there is any chance to get a full set of the BÉPO variant, hence: fr BÉPO alphanum, red modifiers and everything needed for a full size keyboard. I'd be really happy with only TKL coverage, and quite happy with ISO-FR instead of BÉPO.

thanks for your replies/help/anything.

adamcobabe

18 Nov 2020, 14:01

The only option you have left is to convince someone to sell you one of their sets. The group buys are long gone, same with the extras. The person behind the group buys, 7bit, hasn't responded to anyone on Deskthority for a long time, maybe 2 years now I think. Full sets, when they do show up, usually go for high prices. You'll probably have better luck getting one of the "round 5 inspired" sets. But don't let me crush your dreams. Put a WTB post up in the marketplace. :)

https://www.originativeco.com/products/sa-honeywell
patpro wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 11:56
Hi all.
I'm very new to deskthority and my experience so far is limited to some group buys bought via proxies (aka candykeys and al.).
I've just felt in love with SA HONEY round 5 in white alphas + red modifiers.
I wonder if there is any chance to get a full set of the BÉPO variant, hence: fr BÉPO alphanum, red modifiers and everything needed for a full size keyboard. I'd be really happy with only TKL coverage, and quite happy with ISO-FR instead of BÉPO.

thanks for your replies/help/anything.

patpro

18 Nov 2020, 20:35

Hi adamcobabe, thanks for your reply. Good to know that 7bit is MIA. I've been offered a kit (2 in fact) of SA Honey, but the price was way too high and it would not include BÉPO nor ISO-FR, so, a no-go for me.
SA Honeywell could do the trick, but it exists apparently only for ANSI US. I'll keep on looking, thanks :)

Luna
Alt255

19 Nov 2020, 02:15

Hi Patpro,

I think BEPO and ISO FR are going to be really hard to find. I just took a look at the Drop SA Oblotzky and it has no international layouts either.
I live in AZERTY country as well but decided to use ANSI US about 30 years ago and never look back. But I don't need to write in French which is why I like QWERTY better.

May I ask what the prices and colors of the two kits were? I might be interested depending on how high the prices were and what colors were offewred.
Feel free to PM me if you prefer not to post it here.

Cheers,

Luna

Return to “Group buys”