Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

lakmeer

28 Oct 2013, 03:20

Would the R1 1.5u 'TRANSMIT' key look silly in the R3 1.5u 'CAPSLOCK' location? Otherwise, where is one supposed to put it on a modern keyboard?

daybreak365

28 Oct 2013, 07:44

This looks awesome! Thanks 7bit!

I have placed my order, and this time, I'm making sure that I order a MODIFIEREXTRA set so I get my 1.25 HYPER. :D

Speaking of 1.25 HYPER, I am still missing my R4 SPH one, even after going through 2/3 of my SPH grab bag .:(

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 08:43

=== wrote:...Not to be too pedantic, but 40 is spelt "forty," not "fourty." :idea:
I almost never write out numbers. :oops:
lakmeer wrote:Would the R1 1.5u 'TRANSMIT' key look silly in the R3 1.5u 'CAPSLOCK' location? Otherwise, where is one supposed to put it on a modern keyboard?
The usual CAPS LOCK position has a 1.75 units key.

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 08:58

Vierax wrote:Sadly it seems that I'm the one bépo user still alive here :( Gilgam where are you ?

PT layout ever includes a Ç key : only a few for a bépo support :þ
As I said, the row3 kit just lacks the deepdished variants to be plenty usable in colemak and dvorak but you didn't add any deepdished at all, even F and J so if you wont this set is complete.
I will add these to the price list:
DVORAK
COLEMAK
BEPO
NEO

But I will skip them when there are too few orders.

The deep dish keys are left away from the ALPHA/RED kit because it is intended to let people put them on in any order. I might add F and J for the mainstream people, but no other legends.

hydrospell

28 Oct 2013, 09:07

Will you get production samples at any point? Getting unreasonably excited about this.

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 09:13

No, just look at the Round 4 thread to sdee how spherical key caps look like.
:o

hydrospell

28 Oct 2013, 09:23

NEEDPIKCHURES.

ok thanks :)

Belfong

28 Oct 2013, 09:48

7bit wrote:No, just look at the Round 4 thread to sdee how spherical key caps look like.
Here's the link for the Round 4 wiki with all the beautiful photos.
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_4

What wasn't stated though, is the material used. These are ABS?

hydrospell

28 Oct 2013, 09:51

Thank you kind sir. I am in fact familiar with all the R4 photos - kicked myself for missing that but here we are, Round 5!

Muirium
µ

28 Oct 2013, 09:57

Round 5 is the same material as Round 4 SPH: doubleshot injection molded ABS, in tall spherical SA profile.

Before any samples can be made (whether or not 7bit needs to replicate that step this time) we need the exact colour codes from the Honeywell original. I have the Honeywell, and the colour wheel is on its way to me. As soon as it arrives I will get matches for the four cap colours and legends and post pictures of the results. Then it's up to 7bit to decide if that's what we go with.

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 10:05

I lowered some prices of languge kits and added BEPO, COLEMAK and DVORAK. NEO follows shortly.

Please notice that I woill drop these, should there be less than 8 orders before the deadline!
:shock:

Code: Select all

Order-ID              |key|USD|description
HONEY/INTER           | 70| 59|language kit for DE-IT
HONEY/DE              | 20| 19|DE language kit
HONEY/DK              | 21| 19|DK language kit
HONEY/NO              | 20| 19|NO language kit
HONEY/PT              | 18| 29|PT language kit
HONEY/SE              | 21| 19|SE language kit
HONEY/ES              | 21| 29|ES language kit
HONEY/IT              | 17| 29|IT language kit
HONEY/FR              | 27| 39|FR language kit
HONEY/UK              |  6| 15|UK language kit
HONEY/BEPO            | 52| 49|BEPO Alpha language kit
HONEY/COLEMAK         | 14| 19|COLEMAK language kit
HONEY/DVORAK          | 26| 29|DVORAK language kit
BEPO kit should now 100% replace an ALPHA kit, so S, W and Z are included.
:-)

lakmeer

28 Oct 2013, 10:15

7bit wrote:
lakmeer wrote:Would the R1 1.5u 'TRANSMIT' key look silly in the R3 1.5u 'CAPSLOCK' location? Otherwise, where is one supposed to put it on a modern keyboard?
The usual CAPS LOCK position has a 1.75 units key.
Ah yes, sorry - my typo has scrambled the intent of my question: what I was actually getting at was the issue of the R1 profile sitting in row 3 - will it stick up annoyingly? Is there an R3 version? The 0.25u gap I can live with if I can get an R3 TRANSMIT

EDIT: AHA I see the graphic has been updated. Perfect! Cheers 7bit, you're a star :D
Last edited by lakmeer on 28 Oct 2013, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Kalcifer

28 Oct 2013, 10:18

Muirium wrote:Round 5 is the same material as Round 4 SPH: doubleshot injection molded ABS, in tall spherical SA profile.

Before any samples can be made (whether or not 7bit needs to replicate that step this time) we need the exact colour codes from the Honeywell original. I have the Honeywell, and the colour wheel is on its way to me. As soon as it arrives I will get matches for the four cap colours and legends and post pictures of the results. Then it's up to 7bit to decide if that's what we go with.
7bit, can we make sure SP stick with the colour codes this time? Don't want the same thing happening again like Round 4's Retro kit (different shade of light blue on white).

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 10:21

Kalcifer wrote:7bit, can we make sure SP stick with the colour codes this time? Don't want the same thing happening again like Round 4's Retro kit (different shade of light blue on white).
Erhem ... it was my fault.
:oops:

There is no such thing that can happen in Round 5.

dirge

28 Oct 2013, 10:42

Any opinion on having function row as row 1? Do they have a backspace in row 1 profile?

lakmeer

28 Oct 2013, 12:06

OK, I have everything covered except these 4 keys:
R1 BACKSPACE, 2u, grey
R2 TAB, 1.5u, grey
R3 SHIFT, 2.25u, grey
R3 SHIFT, 2.75u, grey
ie:, the standard BS, tab, and both shift keys. But as it is currently, I'd either have to swap HONEY/MOD125 for HONEY/MODIFIER (+$41) to get them, or swap HONEY/ALPHA+HONEY/MOD125 for HONEY/SIXTY (+$22). Either way, quite pricey :/

Is there a more efficient way to get them? Whats the likely hood of some of these being left over spare? Does anyone anticipate having spares to swap with me?

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 12:14

By no means I will do that again. It is the kits which are available and nothing else.

Also, these keys are available in these kits:
R1 BACKSPACE, 2u, grey (HONEY/MOD200)
R2 TAB, 1.5u, grey (HONEY/MOD150)
R3 SHIFT, 2.25u, grey (HONEY/MOD200)
R3 SHIFT, 2.75u, grey (HONEY/MOD200)

lakmeer

28 Oct 2013, 12:24

Fair enough ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Oct 2013, 13:44

this is not going to take 2 years, right? No offense, just honest question...

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 13:46

matt3o wrote:this is not going to take 2 years, right? No offense, just honest question...
It depends not on me, but on the people how quickly they order.

MOQ (ie for the current prices) is around 25,000 keycaps. Currently, we are at around 5,000.
:?

Not too bad in 2 days.

ray4jc

28 Oct 2013, 13:48

7bit wrote:
matt3o wrote:this is not going to take 2 years, right? No offense, just honest question...
It depends not on me, but on the people how quickly they order.

MOQ (ie for the current prices) is around 25,000 switches. Currently, we are at around 5,000.
:?

Not too bad in 2 days.
switches....I thought we were buying key caps :shock:

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 13:50

:oops: <---- 7bit, when it had been revealed that Round 5 is a hoax to squeeze more money out of DT-member's pockets, to buy more switches!

hydrospell

28 Oct 2013, 14:10

wtf I signed up for THIS?!?!

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 15:02

BTW: I need someone to collect PayPal money in USD.
:shock:

Muirium
µ

28 Oct 2013, 15:09

Probably best an American. I'm on a third currency to either USD or EUR so there's no avoiding conversion commission. Well, unless SP and all of you could agree to do this in GBP! Everything looks cheaper when counted in Pounds…

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 15:13

Muirium wrote:... Everything looks cheaper when counted in Pounds…
Except for weight ...
:lol:

Seriously, I need an American, because the money needs to be transfered to a bank account and then to SP.

ray4jc

28 Oct 2013, 15:23

7bit wrote:
Except for weight ...

Seriously, I need an American, because the money needs to be transferred to a bank account and then to SP.
Surely someone will volunteer who has experience in these things!! :?

Muirium
µ

28 Oct 2013, 15:25

7bit wrote:
Except for weight ...
Sure it does, when you're buying. Want this 10 kg sack of Round 5 caps or this other one with 20 pounds? 10kg > 20lb but 20 sounds more than 10 so the comparison is rigged!

jdcarpe

28 Oct 2013, 15:35

I cannot collect money, unfortunately, due to US tax purposes. But I'm sure someone who is set up for money collection, such as a business that can show receipts, will be able to help you with this.

Thank you so much for including the HONEY/FORTY kit in Round5. I mentioned this in my thread about the SmallFry 40% Keyboard at Geekhack. My hope is that everyone who wants to get that keyboard, and who likes SA-profile caps, will place an order with you. Yes, my design is very similar to your Hyper Micro, except for the layout being rectangular and using a standard size spacebar. Link to GH thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47133.0

Question: is there no way to order a RED Esc key separately? The STANDARD, TENKLESS, TENKLESS125, TENKLESS150, and TKL kits don't appear to include one.

Also, if one wanted an all-red layout, is there any chance of HONEY/FUNMOD/RED?

Thanks!

7bit

28 Oct 2013, 16:02

Yes, it is available separately. just forgot to add them:

Code: Select all

HONEY/REDESCAPE/R1    |  $1|ESCAPE_key_(row_1;_red)
HONEY/REDESCAPE/R2    |  $1|ESCAPE_key_(row_2;_red)
HONEY/REDESCAPE/R3    |  $1|ESCAPE_key_(row_3;_red)

Return to “Group buys”