Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

21 Mar 2018, 19:44

rominronin wrote: So you're telling that's cat hair? That's hair from a... pu...

See?
:?

Luna
Alt255

21 Mar 2018, 19:45

caligo wrote:
Luna wrote:
Yeah, it's got hair!
Okay, so maybe the official keycap inspector got a little exited by the white caps and shed a hair or ten. It can happen to the best of us. He's real sorry.

He shouldn't be sorry, it's HIS keyboard, be grateful he lets you use it!

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Mar 2018, 19:50

Luna
Alt255

21 Mar 2018, 19:55

webwit wrote: Image
Exactly!

RealityCavesIn

21 Mar 2018, 21:47

robotindian wrote:
RealityCavesIn wrote: Got my order today. They are nothing less than awesome! I immediately ordered some more leftovers :D
where are you located?
Sweden so shipping from Germany is pretty quick

7bit

22 Mar 2018, 15:47

Google Wallet and PayPal collector wanted!!!
:o

To speed up shipping, it might be useful to also have someone in the EU to collect PayPal money, because I currently pack more orders per day than I can afford to ship.
:roll:

:shock:

Iggy

22 Mar 2018, 15:54

What exactly is expected from a PayPal collector? Does someone have to use his/her own PayPal account or open up a new one?

And we really ought to open a thread for Keyboard cats.

LastBrat

22 Mar 2018, 16:05

If the paypal collector's package will be sent with priority, I'm up for it ;)
Seriously though, what does one need to do? Collect money through paypal and send them to you via SEPA?
I'm in the Netherlands, and paid you through bank transfer twice, so already have your account number :) I'm also waiting to hear back from PMK about kit prices for my own keycap design I just finished (PBT DSA for anyone interested), so have some spare time.

zslane

22 Mar 2018, 18:17

Typically a collector accumulates funds for some unspecified amount of time, and then at some point 7bit will have Signature Plastics send you an invoice for the amount in your collection account. You then pay the SP invoice from those funds yourself.

LastBrat

22 Mar 2018, 19:44

zslane wrote: Typically a collector accumulates funds for some unspecified amount of time, and then at some point 7bit will have Signature Plastics send you an invoice for the amount in your collection account. You then pay the SP invoice from those funds yourself.
I guess I can handle that. And if things go as planned and enough people buy my keyset, SP won't have to send these checks at all... :lol:

maximm

22 Mar 2018, 20:32

Just sent almost €200 with SEPA. Please use that to ship my order! 0936 here we go!

scl

26 Mar 2018, 13:21

yeah, i had the same thought and ordered some more caps for 50eur and paid via SEPA, but no success...... 833

saboy

26 Mar 2018, 18:43

scl wrote: yeah, i had the same thought and ordered some more caps for 50eur and paid via SEPA, but no success...... 833
I'm on the same boat... 944
For past 3 months 7bit shipped ~214 orders.
That means, if we have bad luck, we will wait no more than 9 months. :lol:

nowai

26 Mar 2018, 18:59

saboy wrote:
scl wrote: yeah, i had the same thought and ordered some more caps for 50eur and paid via SEPA, but no success...... 833
I'm on the same boat... 944
For past 3 months 7bit shipped ~214 orders.
That means, if we have bad luck, we will wait no more than 9 months. :lol:
Nah, it doesn't work like this.
When you order the first time you aquire your order number. Everything you order after that date goes to the same order. So lots of the order numbers didn't even get used for Round 6.

green-squid

26 Mar 2018, 19:10

Hello guys! I'm considering getting a Duck key (in an interesting color like green or blue if possible). I'm considering getting it for my model m in place of the ALT key with an adapter - does anyone have one? Would it be very costly? :)

hansichen

26 Mar 2018, 19:13

This group buy is about MX compatible keycaps, not IBM caps.

green-squid

26 Mar 2018, 19:14

I know, but I heard of an MX to BS adapter that exists.

samuelcable

26 Mar 2018, 19:32

green-squid wrote: I know, but I heard of an MX to BS adapter that exists.
an adapter like this would only really work on caps that are uni-profile like dsa or sa r3 due to the curved plate nature of model ms and how model ms do profiling, and i dont see why you would want to replace the default model m caps, profiled tall caps like this would be very uncomfortable and unergonomic on the curved plate way of profiling

green-squid

26 Mar 2018, 19:36

samuelcable wrote:
an adapter like this would only really work on caps that are uni-profile like dsa or sa r3 due to the curved plate nature of model ms and how model ms do profiling, and i dont see why you would want to replace the default model m caps, profiled tall caps like this would be very uncomfortable and unergonomic on the curved plate way of profiling
I'd only replace one key, one of the alt keys, since I'm not a millionaire (this keyset is really expensive isn't it?). Not all of the keys. It would only have to be close enough. I just want a Duck key!

jedmund

26 Mar 2018, 23:51

Finally got my second batch of caps, which completes everything I bought in 2015! Thank you, 7bit!

I bought some Hyper7 leftovers so I'm not off 7bit's wild ride yet, but I'm much less antsy about getting them :)

depletedvespene

27 Mar 2018, 01:06

Don't go on a wild goose chase!

If you need a keycap for a Model M keyboard, get a keycap for a Model M keyboard. You've got three main options (besides scouring eBay) for this: Ask Cindy (https://www.elecshopper.com/keycaps.html), visit Clicky Keyboards (http://clickykeyboards.com/product-cate ... -key-caps/), or go to Unicomp (http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/Buttons).

jedmund

27 Mar 2018, 06:08

I'm an idiot.

ste

27 Mar 2018, 06:12

jedmund wrote:I'm an idiot.

Will the one from PMK match it?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jedmund

27 Mar 2018, 06:20

ste wrote:

I guess we're going to find out... :?

I ordered some leftovers but black is sold out, unless 7bit was keeping one safe for me :) :) :)

ste

27 Mar 2018, 06:22

jedmund wrote:
ste wrote:

I ordered some leftovers but black is sold out, unless 7bit was keeping one safe for me :) :) :)
Haha. I thjnk he is keeping a 7u black spacebar for u :p

caligo

27 Mar 2018, 07:07

jedmund wrote:
ste wrote:

The black SA spacebars from PMK are the exact same colour (NN) as the black from R5/6, so you should be fine.

green-squid

27 Mar 2018, 07:11

depletedvespene wrote:

If you need a keycap for a Model M keyboard, get a keycap for a Model M keyboard. You've got three main options (besides scouring eBay) for this: Ask Cindy (https://www.elecshopper.com/keycaps.html), visit Clicky Keyboards (http://clickykeyboards.com/product-cate ... -key-caps/), or go to Unicomp (http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/Buttons).
I don't have any missing keys, but I thought it would look cool. But after thinking about this, it probably won't fit as well (still, every reply was straight up ignoring that adapter that was made on DT a few years ago).

Also, this is a curveball question, but these keys are MX, but doesn't this forum hate MX switches? Or are there any other good ones (besides BOX)? :roll:

And yes, there is that Xmit hall effect one too that supports them, too.

samuelcable

27 Mar 2018, 09:12

green-squid wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:

I don't have any missing keys, but I thought it would look cool. But after thinking about this, it probably won't fit as well (still, every reply was straight up ignoring that adapter that was made on DT a few years ago).

Also, this is a curveball question, but these keys are MX, but doesn't this forum hate MX switches? Or are there any other good ones (besides BOX)? :roll:

I know many people here, including myself, who love vintage blacks, and a lot of other people here like ergo clears but I haven't tried them. Mx switches are definitely not hated here but they aren't good for clickies so that's what you may be noticing

Khers

27 Mar 2018, 09:16

green-squid wrote: [...]

Wherever did you get that notion?

green-squid

27 Mar 2018, 09:36

Khers wrote:
green-squid wrote: [...]

Wherever did you get that notion?
Thomas said they are disappointing (I agree that MX black is very boring)

Return to “Group buys”