Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

lukenukum

12 Jun 2017, 15:25

zslane wrote: Sometimes it's best not to know how the sausage is made.
brilliant :lol:

doom2

15 Jun 2017, 17:09

To be clear, until a PayPal collector is found, I can't pay my $7 invoice and my shipment is still in 7bit's living room?

7bit

18 Jun 2017, 18:08

Google Wallet and PayPal collector wanted!!!
->Image
------------------------>BUMP!
--------------------------> :shock:

I will ship the remaining orders tomorrow.
:roll:

I've started a 40% rebate sellout until the end of this month.
:cool:

If you can't pay via SEPA, just try to find a proxy to pay to.
:o

Or someone steps forward and collects money via PayPal or Google Wallet.
:evilgeek:

rominronin

19 Jun 2017, 20:54

So... 40% off EVERY ORDER until the end of the month?

I need to hide my wallet...

doom2

20 Jun 2017, 17:22

For non-SEPA users, how would a SEPA proxy work? What are the details to send payment to?

zslane

20 Jun 2017, 18:22

You basically find someone who can pay with SEPA and make private arrangements with them. They purchase on your behalf and you reimburse them. They make the payment with the same payment comment that you would so that it goes as a credit on your invoice and the keycaps get sent to your address.

doom2

20 Jun 2017, 19:01

zslane wrote: You basically find someone who can pay with SEPA and make private arrangements with them. They purchase on your behalf and you reimburse them. They make the payment with the same payment comment that you would so that it goes as a credit on your invoice and the keycaps get sent to your address.
And if what I ordered isn't available anymore? This seems to be an imperfect system esp. with the stock changing over time. I've PMed 7bit for direct SEPA details since this "proxy" invoice step should be able to be skipped.

nowai

20 Jun 2017, 20:04

doom2 wrote: ...
Everything that shows up in your invoice is available and reserved for you. So it's really easy to tell what is available and what is not once the invoice arrives.

nnc-tlb

21 Jun 2017, 01:00

doom2 wrote: I've PMed 7bit for direct SEPA details since this "proxy" invoice step should be able to be skipped.
if you are really from the US, you may be the first who is able to do a SEPA transfer in EUR w/o a proxy, please report back if a US based bank provides such a feature e.g. via a SEPA-based branch.
Last edited by nnc-tlb on 21 Jun 2017, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

doom2

21 Jun 2017, 01:06

nnc-tlb wrote:
doom2 wrote: I've PMed 7bit for direct SEPA details since this "proxy" invoice step should be able to be skipped.
if you are really from the US, you may be the first who is able to do a SEPA transfer in EUR, please report back if a US based bank provides such a feature e.g. via a SEPA-based branch.
No, I can't do SEPA directly. But I'd rather just give my European contact the relevant details rather than have them go through the process of messaging 7bot and creating their own invoice, especially if they don't have a DT account.

nnc-tlb

21 Jun 2017, 01:22

if your European contact (proxy) charges a fee or/and issues another invoice is totally up to you both.
You only need a proxy to pay not for the whole order process nor shipping.

Just order something, wait for the invoice from 7bot, let the proxy pay the bill via SEPA in EUR with correct infos.
7bot don't cares if the money comes from your bank account or your wife's (highly unlikely ? ;-)) bank account or from an alien's bank account - as long the transfer is within SEPA in EUR - it's all about the fees !

But wait for 7bot's response, to be sure.

doom2

21 Jun 2017, 01:41

nnc-tlb wrote:if your European contact (proxy) charges a fee or/and issues another invoice is totally up to you both.
You only need a proxy to pay not for the whole order process nor shipping.

Just order something, wait for the invoice from 7bot, let the proxy pay the bill via SEPA in EUR with correct infos.
7bot don't cares if the money comes from your bank account or your wife's (highly unlikely ? ;-)) bank account or from an alien's bank account - as long the transfer is within SEPA in EUR - it's all about the fees !

But wait for 7bot's response, to be sure.
That's the thing, my invoice only has PayPal info, not SEPA details. I know there's a way to switch it to Google wallet, but not how to switch to SEPA

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nnc-tlb

21 Jun 2017, 01:47

if all scripts from 7bot uses the same commands ...
PAYEUR
invoice with EUR/SEPA bank payment details
should work ?

howardmt

23 Jun 2017, 14:22

So...anyone willing to be a proxy for me?

Oblotzky

23 Jun 2017, 15:45

howardmt wrote: So...anyone willing to be a proxy for me?
I'm not quite sure, I've thought about applying to be a PayPal collector, got a verified PP with a very high limit and am from Germany like 7bit so wires should be fast and smooth. However I'm concerned about liabilities or so, I wouldn't be able to offer PayPal invoices because disputes would be paid out of my own pocket if there is a chargeback. But forwarding gifted money, I guess?

7bit hit me up with details on how this would work if I became a PP money collector.

LastBrat

24 Jun 2017, 19:13

What are the HONEYG/MOD100D/BLUE and HONEYG/MOD100E/BLUE keys?

saboy

27 Jun 2017, 00:07

7bit, any info from Signature Plastic? I hope that our R2 slot is scheduled for this August. Is this info still valid?

rominronin

27 Jun 2017, 02:22

^ an answer to this would be great... Thanks.

gnmar2723

27 Jun 2017, 06:17

I'm nearly 100% sure we are paid up for production which will happen this August. Not sure if there are enough funds to ship to 7bit yet, and there definitely aren't enough to cover the import fees to Germany yet.

All the info about this should be in the previous few pages if you want to do a bit of reading ;)

zslane

27 Jun 2017, 18:52

The invoice(s) from SP would have covered shipping costs. Funds are still needed for import taxes and, of course, the cost of shipping the keycaps to us, the customers.

Griffy

28 Jun 2017, 10:27

Well I will hapily spit in another $7 to help fund the shipping. I know I already payed, but I also want my caps and I like the community. You should make a - DONATION - command with no strings attatched.

zslane

28 Jun 2017, 19:14

7bit won't take charity donations. He prefers to sell off his existing inventory instead.

Given the amount of time it is going to take to manufacture, ship, sort, and pack it all, I figure he's got until around Christmas time to gather the necessary funds to get R6 phase 2 out to us. Hopefully that's enough time, but I can't help but wonder how much the lack of Google Wallet/PayPal collectors is jeopardizing that time table.

Menuhin

28 Jun 2017, 20:09

zslane wrote: 7bit won't take charity donations. He prefers to sell off his existing inventory instead.

Given the amount of time it is going to take to manufacture, ship, sort, and pack it all, I figure he's got until around Christmas time to gather the necessary funds to get R6 phase 2 out to us. Hopefully that's enough time, but I can't help but wonder how much the lack of Google Wallet/PayPal collectors is jeopardizing that time table.
Perhaps it can work this way:
There's a "donation pool" and then there are people who are poor but somehow have caught this hobby and want some Round 4/5/6/7 - so the poor can complete some tasks to enter a raffle and the winners can order caps that they want from the donated money.

zslane

28 Jun 2017, 20:41

7bit seems to feel confident that he has enough sellable inventory to cover the necessary costs. Apart from a lack of collectors, I don't see any reason to resort to other funding methods (even a donation effort requires collectors that we don't have, so that doesn't really help us where we really need it at the moment).

gogusrl

29 Jun 2017, 21:13

7bit wrote:
I've started a 40% rebate sellout until the end of this month.
The deadline is for orders or for payment ? I just noticed this deal and I'd like order some stuff but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pay by tomorrow night (considering there's no paypal proxy).

xtr0n

30 Jun 2017, 22:38

A couple of random thoughts...

Would it be possible to do payments in bitcoin? It might remove the need for a volunteer collector, but the volatility could be a PITA.

When the phase 2 caps ship, what will it look like in terms of volume? Like 10 standard sized moving boxes? More? Less? I don't have a handle on the volume but in theory, if say, half the orders are destined for the US, it could be cheaper for 7bit to fly stateside and pick up the caps here, ship out the US orders and then return to the EU to process the rest. That might be horrible boondoggle, but it just feels wrong to have to pay international shipping and tariffs both ways on the US orders, considering the current financial situation.

Are the leftovers really going to raise enough cash? There is a lot of stock but not a lot that a newcomer would find useful. The only full set is the huge cadet set. The alphas are all sold out so there aren't enough keys to even build a proper 40%. Is there really a market for just F13 - F24 keys? International kits with no base kits? A bunch of POS keys? They're absolutely beautiful keys, but at this point the pickings are pretty slim. I could see some folks adding a few fun keys to their existing orders/sets to make them a bit more fun or versatile, but I'm skeptical that $10,000 in random modifiers will sell in the next few months.

caligo

01 Jul 2017, 07:50

xtr0n wrote: A couple of random thoughts...

Would it be possible to do payments in bitcoin? It might remove the need for a volunteer collector, but the volatility could be a PITA.
Unless bitcoins can be used to pay German customs, shipping material, or postage, I think it would create more problems than it would solve.
xtr0n wrote: When the phase 2 caps ship, what will it look like in terms of volume? Like 10 standard sized moving boxes? More? Less? I don't have a handle on the volume but in theory, if say, half the orders are destined for the US, it could be cheaper for 7bit to fly stateside and pick up the caps here, ship out the US orders and then return to the EU to process the rest. That might be horrible boondoggle, but it just feels wrong to have to pay international shipping and tariffs both ways on the US orders, considering the current financial situation.
R5 was a lot more than ten boxes… But I guess R6 phase 2 might be smaller. (Photo from one of 7bits posts, way back.)

It would probably be cheaper to send several orders to proxies, e.g. one in the US, one somewhere in Asia, etc. However, I doubt 7bit could easily move his entire operation stateside for the amount of time it takes to sort all of the keys. And proxies means more points of failure, and I'm not sure that's what this GB needs right now.
xtr0n wrote: Are the leftovers really going to raise enough cash? There is a lot of stock but not a lot that a newcomer would find useful. The only full set is the huge cadet set. The alphas are all sold out so there aren't enough keys to even build a proper 40%. Is there really a market for just F13 - F24 keys? International kits with no base kits? A bunch of POS keys? They're absolutely beautiful keys, but at this point the pickings are pretty slim. I could see some folks adding a few fun keys to their existing orders/sets to make them a bit more fun or versatile, but I'm skeptical that $10,000 in random modifiers will sell in the next few months.
It's been quite a while since we saw any numbers, but the leftovers have done better so far than I thought they would. People buy grab bags from SP after all, so there must be some kind of interest in random keys. I guess there's also the money from the switches 7bit sells, and probably other sources of income as well. Plus there will be more leftovers once the phase 2 keys are delivered. I think we're probably in for a long wait though.

infodroid

01 Jul 2017, 20:02

caligo wrote:
xtr0n wrote: A couple of random thoughts...

Unless bitcoins can be used to pay German customs, shipping material, or postage, I think it would create more problems than it would solve.
Bitcoin is still relatively new so it is unsurprising to find widespread ignorance about it.

There has been for a long time many payment services aimed at Bitcoin merchants. Bitpay is the most well-known.

Using Bitpay, you accept Bitcoin and the service will immediately and automatically convert any incoming Bitcoin payments to cash in your local currency. You then withdraw your local balance to your bank account on a schedule according to your requirements.

This is how most merchants accept Bitcoin today. Needless to say, there are competing alternatives to BitPay.

So accepting Bitcoin is a no-brainer and should does not create any more problems for 7bit than the existing system.

nnc-tlb

01 Jul 2017, 22:06

bitpay is just another party, who is taking fees ...

using bitcoin is maybe unsafe, because it's unregulated from the national mints, no laws, ... ok, yes, this is one intention of all this cryptos, many people say its the revolution, it's fair for .. .blablabla ... but from the unregulated fact also arise risk, not every bizz-owner or private person wanna take. 7bit has to pay SP in (real) buck$.

in contrast paypal has the bank license (at least in Europe), so it's kinda regulated.

I wonder how long governments/mints let the unregulated phase happen. It's not in their interests. It may be impossible to regulate the crypto direct but gov/mint can force banks, legal merchants, etc. not to exchange the crypto in somethings else. so everyone using it will be a ...
and yes the state/EU needs his own mint to make money, to make debts, to have power, ...

I hope this does not start a long crypto discussion here.

infodroid

02 Jul 2017, 01:15

nnc-tlb wrote: 7bit has to pay SP in (real) buck$.
That is why many merchants who accept Bitcoin use a payment processor like BitPay, which automatically converts Bitcoin payments into your preferred currency.
nnc-tlb wrote: bitpay is just another party, who is taking fees ...
Perhaps you don't understand the challenges facing this group buy. If you did, then you might realise that having more payment options is a good thing.

When using a payment processor like BitPay, you don't have to handle Bitcoin at all, there is no Bitcoin exchange rate risk, the fees are likely to be comparable to PayPal, and there are not going to be issues with arbitrary payment blocks like PayPal does.
nnc-tlb wrote: using bitcoin is maybe unsafe...
This is irrelevant for merchants who accept Bitcoin using a payment processor like BitPay.

Return to “Group buys”