Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

tlt

01 Nov 2013, 07:31

Yeah 1.25 *' is great key in the kit. Thinking of putting ANSI entre on otherwise Swedish layout.

Belfong

01 Nov 2013, 11:22

OMG this is awesome!
HONEY/RETURN225/RED (Return (2.25 units)

Sorry for sounding noob but is the Return from Poker 2 and WASD TKL 2.25 units???

Halvar

01 Nov 2013, 11:32

Yes, 2.25 units is the standard size of an ANSI Return key.

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2013, 11:33

Just don't get an ISO one with the L shaped return key.

Belfong

01 Nov 2013, 11:40

Very very good. Thanks Halvar and Muirium! Placing order now.

beltet

01 Nov 2013, 11:44

Which date is the last order date?

7bit

01 Nov 2013, 11:49

Today.
:shock:

Here is what you can order: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_5
:ugeek:

Please send your order now!
:evilgeek:

Belfong

01 Nov 2013, 12:41

Ha ha.. I thought last date is 30 Nov?

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2013, 12:46

It is. Every once in a while 7bit just likes to pretend he's a businessman.

Belfong

01 Nov 2013, 13:31

Phew.. I'm trying to mix another set. Luckily I still have time.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Nov 2013, 14:06

I just had a look at the wiki, oh gosh what a mess!

I'll try to make up my mind once I'll get back to Italy, in front of a good glass of wine... food in US makes me nervy.

beltet

01 Nov 2013, 14:19

I had my lunch and when 7bit wrote "today!" I almost chocked! As I remebered it wasn't that soon.
I will order as soon I get the board I'm going to use with this.
ooooh i'm so exited :lol:

EDIT: 7bit, have you thought about the macro keys?

mintberryminuscrunch

01 Nov 2013, 14:37

matt3o wrote:[...] once I'll get back to Italy, [...] food in US makes me nervy.
good luck explaining all the keyboard related stuff to the TSA :twisted:

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2013, 14:52

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
matt3o wrote:[...] once I'll get back to Italy, [...] food in US makes me nervy.
What you'll say: "These are Bluegiga development boards for making Bluetooth keyboards. This is a little keyboard… HHKB? It stands for Happy Hacking!"

What they will hear: "These are remote bomb triggers. This is a special keyboard for hacking into NORAD and starting WWIII like the movies."

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Nov 2013, 15:33

Muirium wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
What they will hear: "These are remote bomb triggers. This is a special keyboard for hacking into NORAD and starting WWIII like the movies."
LOL

I'm actually evaluating the possibility of shipping everything to myself instead of trying to explain that Bluetooth is not an explosive at the TSA...

korrelate

01 Nov 2013, 17:00

I was looking at SP's documentation about the SA profile and I'm puzzled. In the HONEY/STANDARD layout the 'up' cursor is R4 and yet the Left, Down and Right cursors are all R3. Based on the shape of the keys as they appear in SP's profile, that sounds a bit weird to me (specifically, it seems like having an R4 UP means your fingers, if they were resting on Left,Down or Right, would have to lift up AND over the lip of the UP instead of just lifting up... make sense or am I just being OCD??? LOL...). Does anyone have any insight about the logic of the shape of these keys? I.e. why should I not worry about this? Or why shouldn't I just go ahead and order one of the R34CURSORS packs? Just looking for more info.

http://keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php

P.S. I don't pretend to know more than anybody, but I'm not a complete kbd noob either. Still very noobish, don't get me wrong, but I've already transplanted browns from a 500-series Leo into a RED MJ2 and I've participated in a couple GBs, etc. Cheers & thanks in advance.
Last edited by korrelate on 01 Nov 2013, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

01 Nov 2013, 17:08

korrelate wrote:I was looking at SP's documentation about the SA profile and I'm puzzled. In the HONEY/STANDARD layout the 'up' cursor is R4 and yet the Left, Down and Right cursors are all R3. Based on the shape of the keys as they appear in SP's profile, that sounds a bit weird to me (specifically, it seems like having an R4 UP means your fingers, if they were resting on Left,Down or Right, would have to lift up AND over the lip of the UP instead of just lifting up... ....
Maybe I should post a poll about which cursor keys should be included.

mintberryminuscrunch

01 Nov 2013, 17:08

korrelate wrote:I was looking at SP's documentation about the SA profile and I'm puzzled. In the HONEY/STANDARD layout the 'up' cursor is R4 and yet the Left, Down and Right cursors are all R3. Based on the shape of the keys as they appear in SP's profile, that sounds a bit weird to me. Does anyone have any insight about the logic of the shape of these keys? I.e. why should I not worry about this? Or why shouldn't I just go ahead and order one of the R34CURSORS packs? Just looking for more info.
yes, it should be both r4
r3 in that sp pic is the spacebar

Halvar

01 Nov 2013, 17:21

That's a good point. Row 4 for "up" and Row 3 for the other three doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. As far as I'm concerned, they should all be either row 4 or row 3.

korrelate

01 Nov 2013, 17:37

Also... very intrigued by the "Mods to fit on two switches." My TrikX from Redline has the extra four keys about numpad. Any chance of getting blank mods to fit on two switches? If only one color were possible I would totally love the grey but any of these colors rock.
Last edited by korrelate on 01 Nov 2013, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

01 Nov 2013, 17:39

This is the disadvantage with sphericals:
There are so many choices that are right.

The idea was bottom row: all modifiers are row 3, so LEFT DOWN RIGHT should be row 3 too.

No problem to change them to row 4.

korrelate

01 Nov 2013, 17:41

Halvar wrote:That's a good point. Row 4 for "up" and Row 3 for the other three doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. As far as I'm concerned, they should all be either row 4 or row 3.

I guess it's no big deal because the HONEY/CURSORS/[Color] pack gives you arrows*words*{r3,r4} in [color] anyway... still, I'm just curious as to logic behind the default layout.

Never mind.... I'm not that familiar with DT... I just noticed him posting an answer in the "Topic Review" pane at the bottom of the page. Thanks 7bit!!!

LOL... I love it, though, that that wasn't considered a silly question.

Halvar

01 Nov 2013, 18:53

7bit wrote:This is the disadvantage with sphericals:
There are so many choices that are right.

The idea was bottom row: all modifiers are row 3, so LEFT DOWN RIGHT should be row 3 too.

No problem to change them to row 4.
I still agree that row 3 is the best way for the modifiers, but for cursor keys and also for the numpad I think row 4 would be better.

7bit

01 Nov 2013, 20:12

I type them with my thumb and find it not nice to hit the key at the edge. With UP from row 4 and LEFT DOWN RIGHT from row 2, everything is perfect.

BTW: It has not even been one week, but we are already at 39.5% of the MOQ!
:cool:

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2013, 21:23

korrelate wrote: LOL... I love it, though, that that wasn't considered a silly question.
True silliniess is far too serious a thing to be taken in jest. Try harder!

As for cursor key profiles: I'm agnostic but love having lots of them to choose from. A quick change in profile can be a great way to locate a function island on an otherwise crowded board.

Belfong

01 Nov 2013, 21:40

I ordered a TKL kit and a HONEY/CURSOR/R34/BLACK.

The up arrow is row 4 while the left, bottom, right are row 3. It matches the rows of alpha and modifiers to the left, so that is probably the design decision.

If up arrow is row 3 and you view the keyboard from the side, wouldn't it be odd and stood out then?

7bit

01 Nov 2013, 22:11

HEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP¡¡¡!¡¡¡!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡!
:mad:

Please help:
Spherical cursor key profile - The Poll
:cry:

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2013, 22:13

See what you made the teacher do, Belfong? Your punishment is to read the thread. (The page before this one especially.)

ray4jc

01 Nov 2013, 22:14

Now I have to consider buying a set to try and outfit my HHKB in case this becomes reality :o

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50380.0

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2013, 22:20

Topre seems to be getting smart these days, so my guess is that's coming next year. Doesn't cost them much at all, and makes their boards more appealing to caps fetishists everywhere, like us.

Return to “Group buys”