[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Mar 2014, 18:27

GB Order Page

The final look and feel will be close to this. 3D Render of a poker-like keyboard with icon modifiers.

And this is a version with text modifiers, red WASD and RGB Mods.

Please read carefully the whole post!

The full set is in PBT material (arguably the best for keycaps) including the spacebar. Legend are dye sublimated.

Keycaps thickness is very good. Look at this picture, the blue key is PBT.

SP did a really fine job with the PBT spacebar. It's definitely one of the less bent I've seen so far.

6.25u spacebar (the standard one) is included in the "Common kit", but you may want to grab an additional one. If you need 7u spacebar you have to grab it separately (it is not included in any other set). We do not have an universal spacebar.

The keycaps profile is DSA.

It's a low spherical top profile. The height of the keys is approx the same as DCS Row 3, but it's thicker. All keys are on the same row meaning that you can put any key in any position making it ideal for custom keyboards and less common layouts (colemak, qzerty, ...).

Color is pure gray. The base color codes are GKK + GDE.

ISO Enter is in DCS profile. SP doesn't have ISO Enter in DSA, but the DCS one works pretty well. Here is the DCS ISO Enter close to DSA keys.

Number of keys and their size are final, but legend color, positioning and thickness may change a bit. Also the Nerdom kit may see some different legends!

Order Form
The Group Buy is handled directly by Signature Plastics (the keycaps manufacturer), this should grant an overall better buying experience and better pricing. The system is still relatively new, if you encounter any problem please contact SP directly!

GB Order Page

How and when my money is taken from Paypal account?
Funds on Paypal are placed "on hold" for the maximum value of all the kits you ordered but they are not actually taken from the account.

When the Group Buy ends only the real, final value is billed.

What kits do I need?

Unless you plan on taking a blank/otaku set the bare minimum you need is the Common Kit

All modifiers are available in TEXT and ICON variants. Choose your fragrance and grab one (or both) of the Icon or the Text modifier kits.

ImageImage

You now covered a Tenkeyless keyboard (such the Filco Majestouch).

If you have a full standard keyboard, take the numpad too.

Highly recommended kits!

To make your purchase future proof (and to raise the value in case of resell) remember to also take the Icon or Text Pro Modifier kits

ImageImage

They will cover less common layouts (1.50u modifiers, KBT Pure, etc...) and they include keys to swap Caps lock with control or FN. I highly suggest to grab one Pro kit!

Remember to get a 7u spacebar if you have 1.50u modifiers. I'd also take an additional 6.25u, just in case...

ImageImage

Being the keyboard pure gray a bit of color may help break the boredom. The Blue Enter is a nice little addition to the mix.

Nice to have

Let's try to reach high tier on the Nerdom kit, 18 Novelty keys to feed the nerd in you.

If you want to add even more color I suggest the RGB kits

ImageImageImage

And for gamers the WASD kit

Let's go multi-lingual

Granite set supports 11 languages!

First of all get an ISO Enter. The 1.25u shift is included in the base modifier kit, the Alt Gr (if you need it) is in the Pro kit.

ImageImage

Then pick the kit which includes your lingo.

ImageImage

Ergodox

The Granite set is one of the few with a full legended Ergodox kit.

It should include approx 70% of your keys, all that you miss can be covered by the Half-Ergodox Kit.

If you only want blanks on your Ergodox remember to grab two of these!

More madness

More keys if you hadn't enough. Remeber the Apple kit if you are a Mac user and the Extra Homing to cover less common keyboard layouts! The extra homing also includes a homing arrow key extremely useful in case of 65% and 75% layouts!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Blanks

Last but not least, for all the otakus out there, here come the blanks!

ImageImage

Good hunting!

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask!

GB Order Page
Last edited by matt3o on 02 Jul 2014, 17:31, edited 9 times in total.

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 18:36

My only question is my sanity. Holy moley…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Mar 2014, 18:37

no really...

*MY* sanity! You have no idea!

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 18:40

I can only imagine! You've done a fabulous job with organising this, Matt. Now let's pile on!

Aggression

27 Mar 2014, 18:51

Oh, man. This looks really good. If it wasn't DSA profile, I'd throw my money at you so hard :cry:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Mar 2014, 18:53

next time I'll do DCS or SA, depending on PBT availability.

edit: we are talking 2016 of course, because I had enough

Aggression

27 Mar 2014, 18:58

Either way, this looks really insanely well-executed, and I'm sure it must have taken ages. Well done!

drrtyrokka

27 Mar 2014, 19:03

love it!

Ichigo87

27 Mar 2014, 19:32

I want everything but that's impossible for my wallet :(

Great job, this is a really great set, thank you for the hard work.

Lobbying time for "lost and found" : what do you think about an arrow cluster with up, down, right, left instead of these red arrow ? That would be a better fit for text modifiers.

Does the majority really want yellow "win" instead of gray ones ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Mar 2014, 19:34

Ichigo87 wrote:Lobbying time for "lost and found" : what do you think about an arrow cluster with up, down, right, left instead of these red arrow ? That would be a better fit for text modifiers.
This is interesting.
Ichigo87 wrote:Does the majority really want yellow "win" instead of gray ones ?
it's a way to have both win keys AND yellow/orange. everybody's happy!

c'mon who really wants a "win" key when you can have "super"?! :D

Ichigo87

27 Mar 2014, 19:43

matt3o wrote:
Ichigo87 wrote:Does the majority really want yellow "win" instead of gray ones ?
it's a way to have both win keys AND yellow/orange. everybody's happy!

c'mon who really wants a "win" key when you can have "super"?! :D
Of course i could live without it, i would just love to buy a perfect set... i cannot afford every kits so i have to pass on colored one and icon version. But i really want the "lost and found" and yellow win are gonna be ugly without RGB mod. But i will survive... ;)

Jmneuv

27 Mar 2014, 19:55

ouch the one of each is strong in this set

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 19:55

Tell me about it! I have 11 kits in my basket…

drrtyrokka

27 Mar 2014, 20:05

Got 9, my wallet will bleed for it...

imbattable

27 Mar 2014, 20:13

"Only" 7 so far, without anything extravagant. ISO-DE drains my wallet...

The thing is... all the sets are so awesome, I'd love to get more. Text mods, pro mods, RGB mods, windowed keys... I'm going to have to think about what I want when payday has come :evilgeek:

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

27 Mar 2014, 21:57

Seems like reaching the lower price tiers is mostly irrelevant. Difference between the Nordic lang pack is $3 between 15 sets and 500 :shock:

Vierax

27 Mar 2014, 22:03

OK, I just followed the thread to bépo forum, let's wait then.

3 weeks is short but we'll see.

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 22:49

Short indeed. I'm sure everyone's heard my pleading for more time on this one, and I stand by it. There's a sense of urgency in a short deadline, but then there's getting paid…

Meanwhile, for those getting the international kits: I'm after your Mµ

imbattable

27 Mar 2014, 23:17

Never shall you have it! We will keep it from you for ever! Buy 90 sets to fill a complete keyboard with it, so our international kits reach the 100 tier for sure :p

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 23:27

Aw…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Mar 2014, 23:42

Broadmonkey wrote:Seems like reaching the lower price tiers is mostly irrelevant. Difference between the Nordic lang pack is $3 between 15 sets and 500 :shock:
prices are already at the min, and there's no margin on 1u

Laiyo

28 Mar 2014, 00:49

would've loved to have a Blue ISO Enter key but oh well this GB will unfold my wallet even more. I should have never registered on this forum :D

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2014, 00:52

I felt that way when making my last Round 5 payment…
matt3o wrote:
Broadmonkey wrote:Seems like reaching the lower price tiers is mostly irrelevant. Difference between the Nordic lang pack is $3 between 15 sets and 500 :shock:
prices are already at the min, and there's no margin on 1u
My "extensive analysis" (comparing price drops between kits) agrees with this. The common kit, internationals, and mono legends barely fall: a fair sign that they are already tight. Matt's done his best to design the prices as well as the keys!

Vierax

28 Mar 2014, 00:58

Stupid question (or not) : Is a EU proxy worth it concerning shipping prices?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Mar 2014, 09:10

Vierax wrote:Stupid question (or not) : Is a EU proxy worth it concerning shipping prices?
Only if we hit a high critical mass. I guess, but we would need to make arrangement with SP.

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2014, 11:10

The more I'm involved with this stuff, the more I know we need a boat…

Last edited by Muirium on 28 Mar 2014, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Jmneuv

28 Mar 2014, 11:11

What are the expectations for this GB? A hit like Retro?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Mar 2014, 11:13

Jmneuv wrote:What are the expectations for this GB? A hit like Retro?
I don't think it will sell as much as Retro for many reasons, but I would be extremely disappointed if the base set doesn't reach at least 100.

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2014, 11:16

The way Round 5 has been a huge success in sales makes me think there's more people into this, and sphericals, than ever. You know how highly prized DSA Retro sets are now.

Perhaps if we'd gone a little later than Round 5's close, and for a bit longer, it would be a blow out. But even with this timing, I think the chances are good.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Mar 2014, 11:20

honestly, I like the "limited edition" factor around the set (that's also why we never had a Retro round 2).

PS: we need a bigger boat!

Return to “Group buys”