10 NX PCBs

photekq
Cherry Picker

02 Jun 2014, 22:46

photekq wrote:If there's space I'm certain that dubsgalore would want one too.
Just got confirmation from dubs over the phone. He wants one or two if possible. Please put him down for one incase someone drops out.

7bit

02 Jun 2014, 22:49

Muirium wrote:PP is required from Britain, too. We may be in the EU, but we are not inside the Eurozone.
Not for long anymore.
:evilgeek:

CPTBadAss

02 Jun 2014, 23:03

ne0phyte wrote:
BlueBär wrote:Can you reserve one for CPTBadAss? I know he wants one.
I put him on the list. Please ask him post here to confirm that he takes one.
Hello ya'll. Thanks BlueBär for reserving me and shooting me a PM. Yes I am interested in a PCB ne0phyte. I am confirming my spot on the list :D

Also I PMed you ne0phyte.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

02 Jun 2014, 23:08

Ascaii wrote:those boards look VERY familiar
Say, you don't know what happened to the cases do you? (Not that I need any more projects. It was incredibly hard to resist the NCRs on eBay UK the other day...)

photekq
Cherry Picker

02 Jun 2014, 23:10

Oh, so you got those NCR boards facetsesame.. Grats :)

ne0phyte
Toast.

02 Jun 2014, 23:12

CPTBadAss wrote:Yes I am interested in a PCB ne0phyte. I am confirming my spot on the list :D.
Added you. Except for sixty everyone sent me their max bid already.
That's going to be interesting :D

scottc

02 Jun 2014, 23:17

Well fuck. Away for one night and this happens.

Add me for one in the extra list, please. (Though I doubt I'll see one...)

dyger

02 Jun 2014, 23:20

Are those switches any different from MX Black switches besides the clear top?

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

02 Jun 2014, 23:20

photekq wrote:Oh, so you got those NCR boards facetsesame.. Grats :)
Haha no, I actually resisted. It was incredibly hard! Perhaps I shouldn't say that I've been trying to avoid seeing what they sold for...

For the record, if I had one of these PCBs I'd only try to put a case and some Round 5 caps on it, so it's probably best they went to people who've been longing for the switches.

Iacoizumi

03 Jun 2014, 00:10

Well jeez. These sure went fast.

Assuming this goes through without a hitch, anyone feel like sending me a switch or two? :D

Dubsgalore

03 Jun 2014, 00:19

I'm here, thanks pho for *almost* saving me a spot :lol:

seriously though, my first day at my internship and I miss this? so mad at myself :evil:

If anyone drops out, I'd love to pick up 1-2

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2014, 00:23

If we win, then I will have a good few switches left over. But that's a vital if.

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Jun 2014, 00:26

Just a suggestion (and only a suggestion. These are some sly tactics).. If we really want to keep this to ourselves to try and secure these PCBs this topic could be deleted. All communication between the people involved can be done through PMs. I doubt anyone else would find this auction (because of the bad listing name) unless they see a hint e.g this topic.

JesuswasaZombie

03 Jun 2014, 00:28

Since I guess I didn't make it in I'll just have to outbid you :P

ne0phyte
Toast.

Fine by me. Or maybe we could move this to somewhere inaccessible and move it back after the auction ended? If that is possible.
JesuswasaZombie wrote:Since I guess I didn't make it in I'll just have to outbid you :P
Good luck with that :D
Last edited by ne0phyte on 03 Jun 2014, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

pasph

Late :'(

ne0phyte
Toast.

03 Jun 2014, 00:32

I changed the thread title and removed the image. Nobody knows what this is about now.

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2014, 00:41

Nothing to see here, everyone, move along!

photekq
Cherry Picker

03 Jun 2014, 01:09

Oh, if we do end up winning these.. If anyone has no use for the PCB mount stabilisers found on these PCBs then I'll gladly buy them off you :)

BlueBär

03 Jun 2014, 01:13

Quick, distract any potentional visitors! Deploying smokescreen!

Last edited by BlueBär on 03 Jun 2014, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

dyger

03 Jun 2014, 03:12

If anyone ends up with a single spare one I would really like to have one for comparison. :)

bazh

03 Jun 2014, 04:39

You guys are evil :o

But also forget that the link still have "nixdorf cherry pcb on ebay de" :))

Madhias
BS TORPE

03 Jun 2014, 09:01

Arrgh, to late! One evening not at home. So if someone drops out i'm interested!

ne0phyte
Toast.

03 Jun 2014, 10:36

madhias wrote:Arrgh, to late! One evening not at home. So if someone drops out i'm interested!
I will add you to the waiting list. Please PM me what you are willing to pay for one PCB before shipping.

IvanIvanovich

03 Jun 2014, 21:00

I also would like to be on the waiting list... or if anyone that is already on the list wants to split one I would be interested in that too.

7bit

03 Jun 2014, 21:01

I should have reserved some for me and then sold for $$$ and €€€.
:evilgeek:

Daniel Beardsmore

03 Jun 2014, 22:56

The bloke at the petrol station handed me a pile of coins they've picked up that aren't British currency. Most of them could be arguably mistaken for a visually similar British coin by someone not paying attention (I have no idea what the Jamaican 20 dollar coin was mistaken for — it's like a baby £2).

Amongst the coins was a 1920 shilling. (It's like a 10 p but thinner, while the dime is actually even more diddy than a 5 p, something I never considered possible.)

My favourite so far was an East Caribbean States one dollar coin, which is like a 50 p but ten-sided (so not a Rouleaux figure); I was handed that in change from the chip shop. I was about to hand it back before realising it was worth 50 p to keep it. Their coins are weird: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kelk_i.jpg

I'm glad we never got rid of the pound — sovereign currency isn't something you throw away!

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2014, 23:24

We did that already, up here, three hundred years ago. I'd rather be in the bigger foreign currency than the smaller one. Dollar, Euro, it's all good.

I do quite like weird coins too. But once you've tried and failed spending a Scottish bank note* in New York, or even old York for that matter, the absurdity kicks in pretty quick.

*Yes, folks, we use Pounds Sterling (GBP) too. But ours have more wigs.

Not useful outside of Scotland! Give me Euros any day.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Jun 2014, 23:40

If you like the euro perhaps you can help pay a trillion or two to keep it stable despite south European banking instability. Tax increases are wonderful to pay for tax evasion and corruption elsewhere.

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2014, 23:42

Although we're further north than you are, I assure you an independent Scotland would be as useful to the Eurozone as a second Portugal! That's why I'm keen to get in. A true separate currency here would be serious bad news.

Not that I think indie will happen. I'm voting for it, but the polls are all against. But nice thought experiments…

Return to “Group buys”