Face U/MX-mini U replica, acrylic/alu plate, KEEP ORDERING

IonutZ

20 Apr 2015, 13:16

lmao t!ng.

Ascaii/scottc do you mind sharing his profile on here with us?

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Apr 2015, 13:18

Shite. Anyone know someone in hong kong that can go knock on his door?

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 13:21

No, I'm not going to share his profile with you. I'm not going to start a witch hunt, this isn't GeekHack. :mrgreen:

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Apr 2015, 13:24

scottc wrote: No, I'm not going to share his profile with you. I'm not going to start a witch hunt, this isn't GeekHack. :mrgreen:
agreed.

IonutZ

20 Apr 2015, 13:25

Paypal says his name is <personal information removed>... his facebook name is <personal information removed>.

You mean it's not: <personal information removed>

And his email's not: <personal information removed>

Because that's definitely where I sent my money...

TDub

20 Apr 2015, 13:26

I recently bought a faceU of t!ng, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get it running. After flashing with NKRO and the Keymap it will work for a short period of time (5 mins) then it will stop responding to keypresses. If i reconnect, it will tell me the USB device is not recognized (windows). Sometimes i can still get into the build in menu with ctrl+alt + both shifts, but either the keyboard doesn't respond or spams a key. I removed the keys that spammed and then checked all others that they aren't shorting, but still no luck on getting it to work properly :(

Anyone have any suggestions?

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2015, 13:26

IonutZ wrote: Paypal says his name is <personal information removed>... his facebook name is <personal information removed>.

You mean it's not: <personal information removed>

And his email's not: <personal information removed>

Even if you were to find his facebook, you would not be able to contact him there. I have tried recently.

He is AFK. Not just on DT.

Tinlong might not always completely reliable. He's a busy person. However, he's one of the few people that I've met through the keyboard hobby that I trust completely. I trust that he will make things right. It's worth noting that tinlong owes me a couple of rare Cherries, so I'm speaking from a position similar to yours.
Last edited by photekq on 20 Apr 2015, 13:33, edited 2 times in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Apr 2015, 13:30

IonutZ wrote: Paypal says his name is […]... his facebook name is […].

You mean it's not: https://www.facebook.com/[…]

And his email's not: […]

I wanted to report your post for disclosing personal info.
Someone else already had :mrgreen:

IonutZ

20 Apr 2015, 13:32

Ascaii said he's been on recently.

TDub, probably a bad flash, see if you can reflash... hopefully it doesn't get bricked.

Also, if you want TINNIE'S PERSONAL INFO - PM ME.

Ascaii
The Beard

20 Apr 2015, 13:34

IonutZ wrote: Ascaii said he's been on recently.
Let me rephrase, I have seen activity on his account the last time in December, not recently. Please excuse the confusion. At some point he mentioned he was going on a trip to europe, bnut again, i have no definite information to give you. I know he can be busy, the last time i dealth with him it took six months to finally get my package, but it was worth the wait.
Last edited by Ascaii on 20 Apr 2015, 13:36, edited 2 times in total.

Nuum

20 Apr 2015, 13:35

TDub wrote:I recently bought a faceU of t!ng, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get it running. After flashing with NKRO and the Keymap it will work for a short period of time (5 mins) then it will stop responding to keypresses. If i reconnect, it will tell me the USB device is not recognized (windows). Sometimes i can still get into the build in menu with ctrl+alt + both shifts, but either the keyboard doesn't respond or spams a key. I removed the keys that spammed and then checked all others that they aren't shorting, but still no luck on getting it to work properly :(

Anyone have any suggestions?
Same problem as with mine, try another USB cable.

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2015, 13:36

Tinnie is currently studying in University. He has had no activity on facebook other than appear online in the chat. I have sent him messages, but he has not seen any of them. To be clear, I'm not saying that he has read them and he's ignoring me. He has not seen them.

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 13:38

Yes, this. I said that he had not replied to me in months, and it's exactly the same as photekq explained it.

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2015, 13:41

By the way, I'm not sure if he ever actually explained what went wrong with this group buy before. So, here it is.. (This is just from memory, so it might be a bit off).

Tinlong ordered the PCB from a Chinese seller. At the time, the PCBs were young and were floating around in the Chinese community. There were no known problems. After tinlong sent them out, problems started appearing (I can't remember whether this was just with the batch tin ordered from, or whether it was the PCB design itself that had problems). He spoke to the seller about getting a refund but they weren't interested in giving him one. To my knowledge he never got anything back from them. That's why the situation is problematic.

IonutZ

20 Apr 2015, 13:44

I understand that sometimes you can incur a loss on these things, but the fact that he went completely dark is shadier than my "obnoxious" prices.

TDub

20 Apr 2015, 13:45

God I hope it is that easy :) Will try to reflash again if that doesn't work. Will report soon :) Thanks!

HzFaq

20 Apr 2015, 13:46

He sort of explained in his post on the previous page.
tinnie wrote: Sorry guys.. Long story short, I didn't know the PCB is faulty and the seller of the PCBs didn't give a shit about it.. and.. I did get some new plates yet it got another problem... I'm sorry for everything and I'll try to refund everyone (It will take some time) who got problem/s.... :cry:

p.s. :cry: I'm really sorry and I shouldn't leave the mess.
For what it's worth, I got my PCB pretty quickly and haven't had any problems with it (well, not on the scale of some in this thread, I've got a bit of chatter on the spacebar and the firmware erased itself once).

edit - Also echoing the previous comments about "things will take ages, but will turn up eventually" thing when dealing with tinnie.
Last edited by HzFaq on 20 Apr 2015, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2015, 13:49

IonutZ wrote: I understand that sometimes you can incur a loss on these things, but the fact that he went completely dark is shadier than my "obnoxious" prices.
Just stop. While posting in this thread I have no interest in discussing your sales practices. This topic is about the Face U replica group buy, not an area for us to argue.

The two situations cannot be compared, and it is idiotic of you to attempt to compare them.

If you want to argue with me, do it in the other thread which we have already crapped up. Not here. I won't respond any further in this thread.

Sorry for the threadcrap folks :oops:

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 13:51

IonutZ wrote: I understand that sometimes you can incur a loss on these things, but the fact that he went completely dark is shadier than my "obnoxious" prices.
Honestly, you're still just butthurt about people calling you out for your sales thread? :lol: I don't see why you'd come on a righteous crusade to expose the villainous Tinnie as a result of that.

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2015, 13:53

scottc wrote: villainous Tinnie
I had a good chuckle at that one. Those two words do not fit together. Villainous? Tinlong? Possibly the worst description of him I could give is that he's a bit cheeky :lol:

snoopy

20 Apr 2015, 13:54

I have some new faceu stuff from this gb that I don't need any longer. Whoever wants it, pm me. Same price as in op. Location germany.

(Have to check what exactly it was when I'm back home)

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 13:55

photekq wrote:
scottc wrote: villainous Tinnie
I had a good chuckle at that one. Those two words do not fit together. Villainous? Tinlong? Possibly the worst description of him I could give is that he's a bit cheeky :lol:
:mrgreen:

TDub

20 Apr 2015, 14:36

Different USB cable isn't working and when i finally got the HIDBootFlash to recognize the keyboard again, it says error flashing device when loading the keymain_NKRO.hex .... any ideas/help/suggestions? Finally got my hands on a programmable 60% and now its not working :(

HzFaq

20 Apr 2015, 15:24

Have you had a look in the thread in the workshop? Might be something in there.

http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/face ... t8689.html

Medowy

20 Apr 2015, 15:40

IonutZ wrote:
Also, if you want TINNIE'S PERSONAL INFO - PM ME.
...really? :roll: :roll:

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Apr 2015, 16:22

photekq wrote: However, he's one of the few people that I've met through the keyboard hobby that I trust completely. I trust that he will make things right.
Let's see:
He starts a group buy for profit;
Receives products of which various are broken. Decides to tell no one and ships those anyway. Doesn't take the hit of production costs, but does take profit margin;
Doesn't refund or replace after complaints;
Disappears;
Stops all kinds of communication (Strangely reoccurring with sales/group buy problems, it tends to break all Internet connectivity and put them of the grid, while making their lives too busy to handle this);
It has been over 7 months.

So far the opposite of trustworthy. Each step adds to that as these are failed opportunities to fix the previous step.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

20 Apr 2015, 16:38

Which supports my cabrio car theory :D

Eszett

21 Apr 2015, 00:22

I didn't read this whole thread, therefore my question: did this GB turn out as scam?

spopepro

21 Apr 2015, 00:31

Eszett wrote: I didn't read this whole thread, therefore my question: did this GB turn out as scam?
Depends on what you call a scam...

Some items were delivered. Many of them were broken or had issues. Some items are still not fulfilled. I don't think a cash grab was planned.

Even though I'm on the "still waiting for goods or a refund" list, I have no ill will towards Tinnie. There were a few things going on in HK over the last year or so, and it also seems like his manufacturing contacts weren't helpful either. Maybe I'll get the parts, and maybe I'll get the money back, and maybe I won't. I'm honestly not too worried either way, and mostly wish Tinnie good health and calm studies.

SL89

21 Apr 2015, 00:54

as Ripster so often parrots on /r/MK "caveat emptor"

Return to “Group buys”