Rebel Red Alert - ENDED - PREPARE FOR LEFT-OVER SETS APRIL 1

rodtang

11 Apr 2012, 20:26

litster wrote:This one is special!
Red Alert with White-Red Acrylic Case-1.jpg
That would be sexy with a red, white case.

calavera

12 Apr 2012, 06:54

still waiting on mine. :(

woody
Count Troller

12 Apr 2012, 08:20

off wrote:Nice sys caps! Where'd you get those?
My own creation from 7bit's Round 3 Group Buy.

It's likely that soon I will put my random unused SP Cherry MX keycaps for sale on DT.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

13 Apr 2012, 22:27

Damn these caps are nice... and there are so many of them... cant decide which to put on... *womenproblem*

But not sure if I can keep it, because I am actually thinking of getting rid of my cherry mx boards... because I think I found my holy grail in Topres and BS... sad story.
OO So many keys
OO So many keys
DSC_0116.JPG (487.52 KiB) Viewed 8181 times
Thats a variety.
Thats a variety.
DSC_0118.JPG (519.23 KiB) Viewed 8181 times

metafour

14 Apr 2012, 21:57

t!ng wrote: But not sure if I can keep it, because I am actually thinking of getting rid of my cherry mx boards...
Sell them to me!!!

elton5354

14 Apr 2012, 22:10

t!ng wrote:
But not sure if I can keep it, because I am actually thinking of getting rid of my cherry mx.....
I'll take them!!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Apr 2012, 23:36

t!ng wrote:Damn these caps are nice... and there are so many of them... cant decide which to put on... *womenproblem*

But not sure if I can keep it, because I am actually thinking of getting rid of my cherry mx boards... because I think I found my holy grail in Topres and BS... sad story.
Since you were able to buy them only because you won the raffle two weeks ago
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... tml#p40541
wouldn't it be fair if you did just the same and organised a draw?

I would suggest restricting it to exactly those who participated in the raffle
and asking for exactly the price you paid.
So all those 40 deskthority members who were eligible and did not win would have a second chance,
just as if you hadn't participated at all.

(btw, I did not participate and still am not interested).

off

15 Apr 2012, 15:05

C'mon guys, let him bask in the hawtness that is the RA capset... Then later he can throw it back to the group, if he's sure he's dumping his MX boards. Imagine his hurt; having caps like that to probably have to part with. :P

t!ng
Awake Sheep

15 Apr 2012, 15:09

I see you are feeling with me : ) Bro fist!

off

15 Apr 2012, 15:13

So I have first dibs? :evilgeek:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Apr 2012, 16:36

In the end, sixty could have sold the last three sets to the highest bidders and made a lot of money. Instead he chose to set a fixed price and let everyone have a chance to buy them for that price.

But of course, nobody is to blame for not having his spirit of generosity and for wanting to make profit.

off

15 Apr 2012, 16:47

kbdfr wrote:But of course, nobody is to blame for not having his spirit of generosity and for wanting to make profit.
Now that's just harsh. He's never said he'll be selling them at current click-clack prices. Nor that he's pulling the ol' ebay turnaround.
I agree though, the less people sharking for profit the better, in general, and esp in closed communities like these.

quick crash example on the fail of 'free market capitalism':
A guy with an infinite supply of money and infinite amount of 'not giving a shit' for the consequences can offer to buy anything at any price, meaning that anything (like rice or water or even air) will end up being 'worth' an infinite amount of money. GLHF.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Apr 2012, 17:07

It depends on the situation. Sometimes I give away, sometimes I sell for little, sometimes for "community price", sometimes for free market price. What can be possibly argued against a community price is that an item will probably enter the free market at another point of ownership. So person A could sell it to B for a community price, and expects B to do the same if he gets bored with it. So B sells it to C, who later sells it on the free market.

off

15 Apr 2012, 18:10

webwit wrote:who later sells it on the free market.
Well ofcourse, and that is something that motivates quite a few people to ask 'free market conform pricing' from the get-go; out of a very familiar feeling: 'if he can have it I should'.
But, selling on the free market is different than selling for free market pricing (i.e. max profits, see the obligation held by companies to the shareholders). Where it goes bad is right there, max financial gain over anything else; as in a good loving home for the particular item is not to be determined by the price a potential ownee is willing to pay for it.
I don't see a golden solution, just remarking on the "shit we're in".

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Apr 2012, 18:57

If I had participated and won, and then decided only two weeks later that after all I don’t want it, I would make a point of honour of just withdrawing and having someone else have it exactly as if I hadn’t participated at all.

I would probably even ask sixty to draw the lucky one :mrgreen:

But well, apparently I am rather old-fashioned.

metafour

15 Apr 2012, 22:18

I was in the original raffle. So he can just sell it to me for cost.

Deep down he knows he wants to. Those topre and BS keyboards are just way better for him than the MX switches.
I still like my MX switch boards and would provide a loving home for these keycaps in a non-smoking household. There will be other keycaps sets around for this one to socialize with as well so it won't get lonely. I will feed and clean them daily. They will also have their choice of switches to play with on a regular basis, be it red, black or blues. With a brown switch board to come in the near future hopefully.

;)

t!ng
Awake Sheep

16 Apr 2012, 08:53

ripster

16 Apr 2012, 17:44

How come he can post memes and I can't?

Anyhoo I've asked ClickClack what he thought of all this ClickClack profiteering. He hasn't responded. Even if he did a lottery at a fixed price some douchebag is SURE to resell it (I won't name names but that Sent By Cellphone Dude at GH bought KL's and turned around within a week to auction it for MOAR - 3X the original PRICE!).

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?2915 ... -Cherry-MX

On the other hand I gave ItlnStln a Silver ClickClack but that's because Webwit and I know it's only the Gold ClickClack that is worth having. And he promise me nekked pics of his GF.

If OffTopic I apologize. Infract me and I'll post it on my 2nd monitor at all times as a reminder.

calavera

16 Apr 2012, 23:01

still no package. Can I have a tracking number or PM me the address it was shipped to, I'm getting worried.

DanGWanG

16 Apr 2012, 23:39

Any update on the next raffle? =)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Apr 2012, 06:16

calavera wrote:still no package. Can I have a tracking number or PM me the address it was shipped to, I'm getting worried.
Seems like you are the only one missing. Here is your tracking: LX714296755DE

calavera

18 Apr 2012, 07:17

sixty wrote:
calavera wrote:still no package. Can I have a tracking number or PM me the address it was shipped to, I'm getting worried.
Seems like you are the only one missing. Here is your tracking: LX714296755DE
It's on my way from NJ, I should definitely have it by next week at the latest!! :D

zoidbergslo

18 Apr 2012, 15:09

Here is my Filco white with redalert. Lightgrey modifiers look to similar to filcos color it would look strange so all white redalert set. I'll wait for black filco to use grey modifiers :)

This is my first full set of key-caps from SP and I like the feel of them compared to filcos not that those has bad :P These ones are bit more rough on top. Dots on F and J are easier to feel too.

Also on photo: home-made wrist rest :)
Attachments
redalert.jpg
redalert.jpg (316.54 KiB) Viewed 7806 times

calavera

19 Apr 2012, 04:04

I got them today. FINALLY! thanks they look great. :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Apr 2012, 07:44

zoidbergslo wrote:Here is my Filco white with redalert. Lightgrey modifiers look to similar to filcos color it would look strange so all white redalert set. I'll wait for black filco to use grey modifiers :)

This is my first full set of key-caps from SP and I like the feel of them compared to filcos not that those has bad :P These ones are bit more rough on top. Dots on F and J are easier to feel too.

Looks great! But you are using the faulty shift keys :D Use the one with the smaller legends, unless you actually prefer the faulty ones ;)

byFd

19 Apr 2012, 08:23

i'm using the ones with the thinner icons too, the others just seem too fat and not the same thickness as capslock etc..

woody
Count Troller

19 Apr 2012, 08:32

Sixty, have you noticed the slight difference between "PgUp" and "Pg Dn" (the space)?

There must be some kind of trivia that I miss - which keyboard are the legends of Shift, CapsLock, BackSpace and Enter based on? Perhaps some Cherry from certain time period? (And what would language-agnostic legends for Ctrl/Alt be?)

Also the choice of F/J nubs style (center dot)? I seem to prefer the bottom bar, so still in the process of adapting.

Once again, this turned out much better than expected. In eBay speak, "A++, would buy from Sixty/OTD again!!!".

zoidbergslo

19 Apr 2012, 15:21

sixty wrote:
zoidbergslo wrote:Here is my Filco white with redalert. Lightgrey modifiers look to similar to filcos color it would look strange so all white redalert set. I'll wait for black filco to use grey modifiers :)

Looks great! But you are using the faulty shift keys :D Use the one with the smaller legends, unless you actually prefer the faulty ones ;)
I will probably change them yeah. :)

kaen

20 Apr 2012, 21:31

sooo are there any left over sets or am i just way late and shit out of luck?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

20 Apr 2012, 21:59

I am thinking of letting my set go off in an auction with 10% gain for deskthority.

Return to “Group buys”