Gateron Switches (Manufacture)

hwood34

18 Feb 2015, 19:02

For problems or questions regarding invoices, please PM Shadovved

This is a GB for Gateron Switches, those magical MX-compatible switches you've been hearing all about. Pricing will start at $0.24/switch, and will go down depending on the pricing tiers we can hit. If we can hit 20k (a large order, I know) price will drop to $0.16/switch. I'd like to ask just to make things a little easier that everyone order in 10s. Orders will close March 12th at 11:59 PM EST. Invoices will be going out periodically, and you will have til the 16th to pay it. Orders should be shipped out by April 1/2. We are ordering from Gateron directly, and Shadovved will be sorting and shipping them. There will be a $3.5 handling fee.

Shipping Guidelines (we'll be using Singapore Post standard regular mail w/ added tracking)
0-100: $8
101-200: $16
201-300: $24

If you want to learn a little more about the switches, here are some reviews:

Teardown and Review
Review
Build log using Gateron Clears
Review
Review w/Blacks

http://youtu.be/2Iz4ovUIWwQ

Final Numbers:
Clears: 31,643
Blues: 25,816
Blacks: 34,152
Browns: 22,344

And make sure to check out the sister Gateron buy for clear switch tops: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68356.0
Last edited by hwood34 on 25 Mar 2015, 23:55, edited 6 times in total.

7bit

18 Feb 2015, 19:15

I hope all those switches will break apart after 1000-2000 actuations!
:evil:

Stabilized

18 Feb 2015, 19:26

Damn, I didn't think the GB would be this punctual! I already have a set coming in the post (reds), so if they are good I think I will be putting my name down for some more ;)

Shame there isn't a version similar to the MX Clears as I would be interested to try them out.

7bit

18 Feb 2015, 19:30

Clears are out because they needed all the clear plastic for the cases.
:P

scottc

18 Feb 2015, 20:36

I put myself down for 110 of them. I'd be up for about twice the amount of the price drops to $0.16/switch. Please keep us updated!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Feb 2015, 12:03

Filco with Gateron Reds sound like a great plan. Lets make it happen :D

andrewjoy

19 Feb 2015, 12:29

HMM i am tempted to see how they are vs vintage blacks, but i don't think i can stretch to the price.

hwood34

23 Feb 2015, 02:50

Due to lack of interest, reds have been removed from the buy

macmakkara

23 Feb 2015, 14:34

Is there a way to check what i ordered Already?

hwood34

25 Feb 2015, 02:01

macmakkara wrote: Is there a way to check what i ordered Already?
Yep, you can just PM. I couldn't find your username in the doc though

Daniel Beardsmore

06 Mar 2015, 01:41

hwood34 wrote: We are ordering from Gateron directly, and Shadovved will be sorting and shipping them.
Is this why I got some random PayPal invoice from "Shadovved's Stickers"? I actually deleted the e-mail before I realised that it just might be legit, and then scoured the e-mail headers to figure out whether I was being scammed or not.

Some weirdo called "Shadovved's Stickers" is requiring payment for a "GB" without any mention of what I bought. I was wracking my brain trying to remember whether any group buys were due (the only one I could think of was the Tai-Hao one that's way, way, way overdue and I paid for that ages ago). However, you wrote:
hwood34 wrote: Orders will close March 12th. Orders should be shipped out by April 1/2. Invoices will go out as soon as the buy ends, and you will have 4 days to pay it.
The invoice I received reads "Date payment is due 5 Mar 2015" (it arrived on the 5th) so that's another contradiction to the above, if indeed this is why I've got it.

For goodness sake, people, write something useful in the invoice so that it doesn't look like a scam or someone flinging random invoices out to incorrect lists.

(I've written to Shadovved's Stickers directly to shed some light on it, but no reply yet.)

hwood34

06 Mar 2015, 03:30

I update the GH thread frequently on this type of stuff, sorry, just don't really check the DT thread all that often. But yes, Shadovved is going ahead and invoicing a little early. You still have til the 16th to pay.

macmakkara

06 Mar 2015, 07:35

Numbers from GH

Current Numbers:
Clears: 26,500
Blues: 18,131
Blacks: 28,500
Browns: 16,000

Stabilized

06 Mar 2015, 08:56

Oh right, has hwood abandoned us at DT? I sent him a PM to add more switches to my order and received a invoice for my old order.

I guess I will have to go and fish out my GH password again :/

Signature

06 Mar 2015, 10:38

Stabilized wrote: Oh right, has hwood abandoned us at DT? I sent him a PM to add more switches to my order and received a invoice for my old order.

I can write him a pm to him at GH if you want me to

Stabilized

07 Mar 2015, 20:33

Thanks for the offer, I submitted a new order and got an updated invoice :)

The shipping is really expensive so I will have to put myself for less switches ($36 for 400).

Ch3rry

07 Mar 2015, 21:36

I ordered 50 Black switches for my Planck.
Any review about Gateron can't find allot on DT.

blighty

07 Mar 2015, 22:03

Stabilized wrote: Thanks for the offer, I submitted a new order and got an updated invoice :)

The shipping is really expensive so I will have to put myself for less switches ($36 for 400).
Here's the Singapore Proxy's response to shipping:
1) Miscommunication between hwood and myself, he charged shipping that's slightly lower for those people that he invoiced, resulting in the differences between both our invoices. He will be rectifying that soon, by asking people to top up the difference. You can reduce your order if you desire, he should be able to handle it for you.

2) I am shipping via Intl Air Packets (airmail, contary to what you read, they allow boxes) + registered mail (aka tracking & signature required on receipt, which costs +2.5/package), and they do not allow packages larger than 2kg, hence many of those who ordered larger quantities have been billed WITHOUT shipping, because the price estimates go haywire after 2kg, and I'll need to go get the exact prices for the best way to send them their items.

3) Shipping costs include costs of materials as well, bubble wrap, ziplock bags, boxes (I'm getting the thick walled ones so they don't dent/crush during shipping, and NO I'M NOT USING BUBBLE MAILERS), tape, shipping labels etc etc, and any additional costs to travel and source for the stuffs and ship them (it is insignificant, but since people wanted to be clear, I had to mention. Or people will think that petrol comes free from wells in Singapore). The small difference will also buffer in case the packaging jacks up the cost of shipping, they weigh quite a bit together as well.

4) GB fee includes a $2 tip for us per order for sorting and packaging services, and the other 1.5 is for consolidated shipping from Gateron to Singapore for the switches and the 7% customs charges I'll get for importing the switches.

5) Please also bear in mind the 4% PayPal fee and currency conversion, banks don't use the Google rates.

6) The price you pay on your invoice includes everything above, I used to do GBs and ship stuff frequently, so I know most of the things that I need to include in my bills from the start, so they might look abit more than expected. BUT you do not have to worry about me slapping on additional charges when it's time to ship the packages, which you might have seen on other GBs.

EDIT: Before you think that the price is outrageous for such a cheap item, go quantify it by looking at a baggie of your own switches lying around. The percentage of the shipping might be really large in the invoice, but when you divide it out the cost becomes more realistic.
DT is just the red-headed stepchild when it comes to sharing info? :lol:

scottc

07 Mar 2015, 22:07

Eh, $36 is still outrageous for shipping. I've been invoiced $9 for shipping 100 switches, which sounds about right to me.

blighty

07 Mar 2015, 22:13

scottc wrote: Eh, $36 is still outrageous for shipping. I've been invoiced $9 for shipping 100 switches, which sounds about right to me.
:lol: According to the TLDR, you'll probably get invoiced for more, in case an oil change is needed. :lol:

Regardless, still better than Massdrop...

scottc

07 Mar 2015, 22:16

I can't say I'm too fond of the moan update either... :roll:

Stabilized

09 Mar 2015, 09:11

Not the bargain I first thought but I still think it is reasonable if they are as good as everyone says...

I am going to stick myself down for 300 and see how that goes (should be $24 for shipping).
Hopefully they will be cheap vintage black switches; if not, then they are still cheap (I guess) :D

hwood34

09 Mar 2015, 18:51

Stabilized wrote: Oh right, has hwood abandoned us at DT? I sent him a PM to add more switches to my order and received a invoice for my old order.

Sorry about that, I don't really check DT that much otherwise so it's kinda hard to remember to pull it up. I've bookmarked the thread and stuck it right next to the GH one so I can't miss it

macmakkara

09 Mar 2015, 19:36

Hey is there possibility to combine shipping in these 2 gbs switches and tops?

hwood34

09 Mar 2015, 20:15

macmakkara wrote: Hey is there possibility to combine shipping in these 2 gbs switches and tops?
Yep, if you order in both GBs shipping will be combined

scottc

09 Mar 2015, 20:21

What's the "tops" GB..?
blighty wrote: DT is just the red-headed stepchild when it comes to sharing info? :lol:

hwood34

09 Mar 2015, 21:11

scottc wrote: What's the "tops" GB..?
blighty wrote: DT is just the red-headed stepchild when it comes to sharing info? :lol:
Shadovved is running his own GB as well for Gateron clear switch tops

hwood34

12 Mar 2015, 05:30

Last day to order!

Stabilized

12 Mar 2015, 08:41

Wow, the interest is really high for this GB, how are you guys going to cope? There must be thousands of orders there!

hwood34

12 Mar 2015, 16:56

Stabilized wrote: Wow, the interest is really high for this GB, how are you guys going to cope? There must be thousands of orders there!
425 to be exact ;)

Return to “Group buys”