VOTE NOW our upcoming product - KeyboardPlates.com

tron

03 Jan 2019, 15:44

My vote goes to shiny copper ANSI/HHKB layout w/Blade Runner theme 8-)

Myoth

03 Jan 2019, 15:49

how about a LZ TKL Alps plate ? ;)

samuelcable

03 Jan 2019, 15:53

Abs plate for lz cls

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jan 2019, 16:43

I like how now it's "community" once was simply "customers"

hansichen

03 Jan 2019, 16:59

I actually don't understand this whole "project". It's just some standard plates with some useless "theme" engraving which you don't see after the board is assembled and that's why you pay more than for a standard plate. It's neither a group buy, it's just a more expensive design that's going to be made once you order it.
Do you really need a vote on which plate design this "logo" should be copy pasted so that you can order a more expensive version of the plate?

Muirium
µ

03 Jan 2019, 17:12

Lexicon:

Project = product
Community = consumers
Vote = browse the marketing material
Group buy = purchase
Limited edition = roll up, roll up
Spoiler:
This is 2019, after all. We should all be quite used to this cookie cutter roadshow by now…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jan 2019, 17:39

don't get salty now.

I for one welcome our Spanish overlords :) Even though I don't quite understand the product (sorry, the project)

St0ckz

03 Jan 2019, 17:51

Admittedly, I don't understand it either.

However, that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. If you do like it that's great.. people do themed builds all the time customising every part the way they want it.

Laserboost, when it's all said and done is the best place to get plates cut and until something better comes along, it'll remain that way.

They can do all the themed plates under the sun but as long as they churn out good plates and decent prices, I really don't see the issue

the_ambyguous

08 Apr 2019, 09:44

hansichen wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 16:59
I actually don't understand this whole "project". It's just some standard plates with some useless "theme" engraving which you don't see after the board is assembled and that's why you pay more than for a standard plate. It's neither a group buy, it's just a more expensive design that's going to be made once you order it.
Do you really need a vote on which plate design this "logo" should be copy pasted so that you can order a more expensive version of the plate?
I actually don't understand this whole "hobby". It's just some standard keyboards with some useless "actuating mechanism" mechanical switch which you don't see after the board is assembled and that's why you pay more than for a standard keyboard. It's neither a necessity, it's just a more expensive design that's going to be built once you design it.
Do you really need a vote on which tactile bump this "switch" should be copy pasted so that you can order a more expensive version of the switch?

:lol:
While I agree, I do not see whats expressly unique about this plate, several different plate options have evolved over the years since the days of monotonous stainless steel plates and what have you. I for one thought the plate would be made out of aerospace aluminium or something of that equally impressive nature, based on its name. But its not as if its ridiculously priced or anything, considering how brass plates cost just as much if not more. Just another vendor testing the waters and adding flavor to the mechanical keyboard timbre. To each their own.

Throwing my vote in for really alps plates of any kind, of which there is a huge lack of both options and supply. For instance if this same exact plate was offered in alps, I would already have bought one. Currently the only place I've bought alps plates from were the same group buy for the same SS 60% plate. I buy two every time just because I know it'll be next to impossible to find one at that price again.
That being said, would love to see a brass 60% option for alps, maybe even an engraved version like this for cherry switches, as well as a TKL option for alps. It's not just me either, I've seen many people frustrated over lack of alps plate options. One dude lost his marbles over the XD87 kit because it did not have an alps plate. Yikes. But I feel his pain, only reason I haven't bought a TKL pcb yet. Single plate prices are too rich for my blood, although laserboost prices havent been too bad from what I've seen.
in short, ALPS!

Return to “Vendors”