Electronics Plus - Please Donate! - Warehouse Liquidation (2021 Edition)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

02 Mar 2021, 22:22

As of this morning, including PayPal direct donations, we are at $3171.00. Thank you so much! I'll be posting a video update again later this week. Next trip to the warehouse is scheduled for this Thursday.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 Mar 2021, 05:01

Cindy received your donations today. Thank you so much!!!

Here are a couple of photos from today's warehouse cleanout. There is still so much there but as far as keyboards go nearly all the interesting stuff is picked over. There are maybe a few BTC foam and foil boards with Cherry MX mounts remaining, and some Sun Type 6 keyboards, in addition to a bunch of rubber domes. We limited ourselves to two hours in the warehouse. Best to leave on a good note and in a good mood, instead of working too hard and too late.

This is likely my final Kerrville warehouse run by car. I might fly there for kicks but there's not much left to take.
IMG_20210304_185248.jpg
IMG_20210304_185248.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 3016 times
messages_0.jpeg
messages_0.jpeg (287.68 KiB) Viewed 3016 times

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

06 Mar 2021, 22:44

Starting the long, slow process of selling some boards. First up is a silent auction on a very nice F122: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=25367

ntv242ver2

09 Mar 2021, 19:44

Thank you so much for doing this XMIT

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Mar 2021, 18:29

Please remember to place your bids in the F122 silent auction!
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=25367

We're hoping to see at least $500 for this board!

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2021, 16:10

Just chipped in what I can to help out a very valued member of the community indeed. (Appropriately enough funded from keyboard sales of my own, and dispatched from the very Beamspring she sold me an age ago, recently restored!)

If anyone has reasons to avoid Gofundme (my currency conversion unfriendly bank for instance) get in touch with XMIT, he can hook you up by Paypal.

Oh: how did that latest liberation run go? By private Air Freight!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Mar 2021, 16:59

Thank you Muirium for the contribution!

Recall from elsewhere that I'm a pilot. "XMIT Air" flights down to Kerrville from where I am are about 45 minutes.

I was down there again this past weekend to liberate a few more items. Mostly it was an IBM 3151 terminal and some other odds and ends for a local collector, some signal testing hardware for an enthusiast in Georgia, and other odds and ends (yarn, fabric, clothing patterns) for my wife and my mother who are able to dispatch them or put them to good use. Also, for some breakfast tacos from Mary's, which are worth the trip alone.

At this point, elecplus can't leave the house for too long as they are in a position to be a caretaker for another family member. So I end up proxying many outgoing orders.

There has been some interest in the Model M2s that are still in the warehouse. The first few runs were all about rescuing Model Ms, not M2s. The next run will rescue some more M2s.

Flying down isn't much faster than driving since the airport is 30 minutes from my house and pre-flight and post-flight each consume about 30 minutes. But it is a hell of a lot more fun. More expensive too, but that largely gets written off as flight training expenses as I work toward my commercial and flight instructor (CFI) certificates.

In case there is any interest in what XMIT Air looks like, please see the photos below!
Loading complete. I could possibly fit more with the rear seats removed but we need to calculate a new weight-and-balance for the aircraft in order to do so legally. That should happen in a few months.
Loading complete. I could possibly fit more with the rear seats removed but we need to calculate a new weight-and-balance for the aircraft in order to do so legally. That should happen in a few months.
IMG_20210314_140519.jpg (710.46 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
The Piper Lance II is basically a flying minivan. It gets unloaded into a regular non-flying minivan.
The Piper Lance II is basically a flying minivan. It gets unloaded into a regular non-flying minivan.
IMG_20210314_172507.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 2702 times

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

21 Mar 2021, 12:58

I made another run to the warehouse yesterday. The dumpster is scheduled to arrive on Friday to clear out everything that is remaining.

What's left? A whole bunch of Memorex Telex foam and foil boards. A bunch of Cherry G81 104-key USB boards that I didn't grab with lasered key caps. A bunch of older robber dome IBM, Dell, HP and Compaq PS/2 Windows keyboards new in the box. A whole bunch of CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives. Random PC paraphernalia. Lots of books and boxes that have to be written off. Some wooden shelving that I was offered. Lots of RS232 serial cables. A whole bunch of Apple Bluetooth keyboards.

What did I grab? A bunch more Space Invaders boards. A few random remaining Model Ms. A whole bunch of M2s that I know pandrew and sneakyrobb were after, PMs pending when I get to them (could be a week or two).

What do I have so far? Mostly hundreds of 101-key and 122-key Model M terminal boards in various states of repair, and lots of Space Invaders terminal boards.

I don't think I'll get back down there before the warehouse closes.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Apr 2021, 21:54

We have raised $3,341. Thank you so much!

elecplus has asked me to stop taking further donations. They believe that there are others in Kerrvile, TX who are in greater need. I'd encourage you to donate to other organizations in the area if you so desire!!!

Muirium
µ

01 Apr 2021, 23:15

Sweet! Electronics Plus can finally afford a beamspring! :lol:

Return to “Vendors”