Electronics Plus - Please Donate! - Warehouse Liquidation (2021 Edition)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

24 Feb 2021, 17:45

Please Donate! https://www.gofundme.com/f/electronics-plus
At least $3100 raised of $1000 goal. WOW! Thank you all so much!!!
As some of you will recall, here in Texas, we've had an unprecedented winter storm. Some have fared better than others.

elecplus's warehouse suffered a flood. A pipe burst in the ceiling. Much of their inventory is water logged. Much of it will be written off. On top of family health problems that elecplus has been facing, this could be the end.

I'm planning on heading to the warehouse myself in the next few days to rescue any inventory that can be sold and help move what cannot.

A friend and fellow Electronics Plus customer reached out to me last night wondering if we could put together a collection. If there is interest perhaps I can set up a GoFundMe to help with the costs associated with the flooding. Many of you pitched in a few years ago to get elecplus a new iPad for Christmas; for this, I thank you.

Please stay tuned for more information as I have it. I welcome questions and well wishes here and via DM.
Last edited by XMIT on 02 Mar 2021, 22:23, edited 5 times in total.

depletedvespene

24 Feb 2021, 17:49

This is bad.

Keep us posted, XMIT. Thank you.

Ascaii
The Beard

24 Feb 2021, 19:40

Fuck. Pass on my/our best to Cindy.

ZedTheMan

24 Feb 2021, 20:07

This is tragic. Keep us posted

TNT

24 Feb 2021, 20:24

Sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

24 Feb 2021, 20:33

Planning to drive down to the warehouse tomorrow afternoon to do a quick survey, save what can quickly be saved, and what not.

Raumfahrer

25 Feb 2021, 04:27

I am sorry to hear and would like to hear more about the plan above

Scarpia

25 Feb 2021, 08:24

Oh no, so sorry to hear it. If there’s a GoFundMe I’m in!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Feb 2021, 08:38

Please keep us posted, also about the possible GoFundMe.

sharktastica

25 Feb 2021, 12:39

Aye, keep us posted. I would be happy to chip in.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Feb 2021, 15:29

OP updated.

Please help get the word out. Spread far and wide on Telegram, Discord, IRC, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, reddit, etc.

This is my first GoFundMe campaign so please be kind and patient.

depletedvespene

25 Feb 2021, 15:35

XMIT wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 15:29
Done. Thanks for your efforts again, XMIT.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Feb 2021, 15:43

Thank you so much!

I'm planning to head over in about four hours. It's a two hour drive each way and we're expecting stormy weather today. I'll do what I can to get some photos or videos of the warehouse. Fair warning - you may be forced to see my ugly face in the videos. If that's too much for you maybe check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Eyebleach/ . (kidding! sort of.)

elecplus is famously camera shy so I don't know if we'll get them on camera. Likely not. But I'll ask!

brewer

25 Feb 2021, 17:46

Donated. Wish I could give more but US college do be kinda 'spensive tho. Fingers crossed that things resolve!

sharktastica

25 Feb 2021, 18:23

Donated. I hope to donate a bit more in a few days time.

TNT

25 Feb 2021, 19:04

Hey, is there a different way to donate? Don't have a credit card ...

Scarpia

25 Feb 2021, 19:35

Donated!

clickykeyboards

25 Feb 2021, 20:24

Donated!

Save the vintage keyboards so that future generations may remember and appreciate computing history.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

26 Feb 2021, 05:28

To everyone who donated, please forgive the cookie cutter reply. We're touched by each and every one of your donations. I had to fight with elecplus, they said they didn't need a fundraiser and I said I'm not refunding everyone's money.

Thank you so much for your donation! Please stay tuned as I get more information up. I did visit the warehouse today and recorded some video. But it's quite late here and I need to get to bed. We appreciate you!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

26 Feb 2021, 20:25

Video from yesterday is up! https://youtu.be/k5N53PXeJh0 (inline in the OP)

TheInverseKey

26 Feb 2021, 20:47

Donated! Thanks to Cindy for getting me into this hobby!

DJSwayde

26 Feb 2021, 23:38

Donated. We appreciate you :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

28 Feb 2021, 00:55

We are at $2941 as of this writing. I am floored by your generosity! :o :shock:

GoFundMe does take a slight cut. I will personally pay that cut to make sure that at least $2941 goes directly to Electronics Plus.

I have eight tubs of keyboards in the garage right now. The dehumidifier is running. Nothing is for sale, please don't ask! But, yes, some F122s will be on the market soon. I am planning to run a silent auction for those. But first I need to make sure they are completely dry, that all the key caps are present, and that they pass basic tests. Patience!
IMG_20210227_153538.jpg
IMG_20210227_153538.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 17125 times
I need to discuss next steps with elecplus but we had talked about me bringing the Keyboard Trailer to the warehouse. I had joked that they could haul 1000 Model Ms. We may well put that to the test. The consist is standing ready but I need to wait for fair weather before making the run. I could really use a hand loading, too.
IMG_20210227_173911.jpg
IMG_20210227_173911.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 17125 times
(Yes, the SUV has changed since 2018. I passed my beloved 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali to the next owner and moved to a 2013 GMC Yukon XL 2500. These are both fairly rare and unique SUVs but that's a topic for a different forum...)

zrrion

28 Feb 2021, 02:38

I'm trying to get down and assist but the dive solo would be a bit much for me, does anyone between indiana and texas want to carpool for at least part of the trip?

Raumfahrer

28 Feb 2021, 05:10

Thanks for organizing and I donated what I could. My F122 wouldn’t be here without Cindy’s help

Polecat

28 Feb 2021, 05:27

I'm glad to see Cindy getting some help, hope everything turns out for the best. I worked for an electronic recycler in a past life, and it was shut down with no warning. Don't want to see that happen here.

Jacobalbertus1

28 Feb 2021, 05:41

Donated il throw a few bucks tword this, I know what it's like to be flooded, but not to this extent. It sucks and I know that it will take time to get thru. it stay safe get better

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

28 Feb 2021, 05:50

I too am happy that eleplus is getting some support, this freeze definitely hit some much worse than others. elecplus has been in this community for as long as I can remember.
Donated what I could, hopefully I can drive down and help out on clearing the flood damage this week.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

28 Feb 2021, 15:30

Thanks Redmaus. I've replied to you directly over PM.

If you are in the Austin or San Antonio area and willing to volunteer an afternoon helping to move boxes from the warehouse into my truck/trailer please send me a PM.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

28 Feb 2021, 22:00

I have an Austin area friend who will help this coming Thursday with warehouse cleanup. He is not a DT member but is someone who might appreciate a nice Model M in exchange for a day of helping out.

At this time I'm not looking to recruit additional volunteers for warehouse loading. There are several reasons for this. The major one is COVID-19 risk. elecplus is high risk for COVID-19 and we need to take that into account. Another is time: this visit will be extremely focused on getting things loaded into my SUV and trailer. elecplus and I spoke earlier today and agreed this would be for the best.

There is a good chance that I will recruit volunteers, both in person and virtual, to help with processing items. This would likely be at my home, once my family have received their COVID-19 vaccines. Keyboards will need to be cleaned, sorted, tested, and photographed in preparation for sale. Purchased items will need to be packed and shipped. There will be plenty to do.

I just hope I don't need to buy another shipping container. One is enough! They stack seven high but I'd prefer not to test that. :oops:

Return to “Vendors”