Is [CTRL]ALT defunct? (Answer: No)

zslane

13 Sep 2015, 06:04

[CTRL]ALT is some sort of GB organizing body, right? But it doesn't seem like it's been active for at least two months. Is it defunct? On vacation? Just really, really sleepy?

effectiveduck

13 Sep 2015, 09:48

Actually they're currently shipping Hyperfuse GMK and are soon going to be shiping the JTK group buy as well as recently running the cherokey group buy, so lots of stuff has been going on, and I believe the new store will be up soon (tm).

kokokoy

13 Sep 2015, 10:01

Shipping my retro also. :)

chzel

13 Sep 2015, 10:03

Yes, they are essentially a GB store . Matt3o's SA Retro is running through them and is in the shipping state, and HF and JTK as well. As I understand it, the store "closed" until the new one is up and running.
Maybe PMing Bunnylake at GH is a viable solution?

iAmAhab

13 Sep 2015, 11:47

Just take a peek in their subforum at gh from time to time. All major updates are posted there.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=143.0

flabbergast

13 Sep 2015, 14:17

If I remember correctly, the "store" never had too many items, it was mainly for a 60% "ctrl[alt]" pcb + jd40 + overhead. All the other aspects (and I'd say the main ones) are running as usual, one or two events in two months is about the normal frequency (keycaps GBs and Bro Caps sales).

I think the store will "open" when they have some stuff to sell - it might be pretty soon now that the JT cherry-topre sliders are made, Bunny announced on GH they'll be sold through the ctrl[alt] store once the JTK orders ship.

Muirium
µ

13 Sep 2015, 14:56

I edited the thread title, in anticipation for the simpletons who can't bear to read a thread before they post on it. You know they'll come!

I agree that Control Alt looks like an abandoned store, which is worse than simply replacing the whole site with a bare link to Bunny's GH home. But what's my advice worth?

Ahem, 7bit…

iAmAhab

13 Sep 2015, 16:45

Why does it look abandoned? Because the last GB they hosted ended a whole 7 days ago?

7bit

13 Sep 2015, 17:08

Wait!
:shock:

They ended a group buy, but did not start a new one, a year before the last ended?
:roll:

Where did I see that one before? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^ :lol:

zslane

13 Sep 2015, 18:07

I'm still pretty new to all this. A closed store front and a single novelty key GB in three months didn't strike me as a highly active endeavor, but I guess I really don't know how to gauge these things yet.

Khers

13 Sep 2015, 23:15

The thing is that if you look at something like Massdrop and compare it to Ctrl[Alt], then I agree that they don't look very active. However, while Massdrop is a company, Ctrl[Alt] is run by a couple of guys in their spare time. Sure, their new webstore has been supposed to launch next week for two-three months and as you say their last real GB was three months ago, but, as has been pointed out in the thread, four of their GBs are currently in production or shipping or somewhere in between. Just wait patiently, the next GB should not be far off and looking at the track record, you just know it's going to be good.

zslane

14 Sep 2015, 07:26

This is definitely good news to me. I think having multiple sources of GBs is healthy, though one thorny issue is that SP becomes a bottleneck for all the GBs involving DSA and SA profile keycap sets.

Return to “Marketplace Help”