[IC] GMK HADapter Kit This is the IC, Link to GB Inside!

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

03 Jun 2016, 16:38

Could you include also a White on Black DT cap ? I would buy a full set only for that one !!! I will buy anyway a set for that cap only, because I don't use beige caps ... :(

Prelim

03 Jun 2016, 18:01

DanielT wrote: ... because I don't use beige caps ... :(
that's blasphemy for an OG Cherry lover :P

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 18:08

Perhaps. But the black ones hold up better to yellowing. And that would be a neat cap…

Also: [whatthatmean]CW24[/whatthatmean]?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Jun 2016, 18:26

#~ is dead.

\| is in.

CW = calendar week

Check the OP for the updated pricing. HardCORE !!! Never thought those prices were possibruuuuuuuuuuuu

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2016, 18:41

Fucking. A.

Sterling stuff, Wodan! Looks like you got us in!

Khers

03 Jun 2016, 20:05

Looks nice! Will certainly be in for one of each!

Prelim

03 Jun 2016, 20:37

this is a mandatory GB for every Cherry addict, I hope it even exceeds MOQ250 ;)

:mrgreen: let's turn it viral! :mrgreen:

julientaq

03 Jun 2016, 23:31

This is just perfectly awesome.

Damn awesome.

Stabilized

03 Jun 2016, 23:36

Really looking forward to this, now I just have to decide what keyboard gets the honour of donning the venerable DT keycap.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Jun 2016, 10:07

Hopefully the DT cap will become part of more GMK sets now that it's been made into a mold.

As soon as this GB is up and running, I will start collecting ideas for a second round. While I would love to keep the colour scheme classic beige, I can totally see a black-on-white DT cap in the next round.

Or I can ask GMK for a quote of 150 of these black-on-white DT logo caps and sell them as a lmited edition along with the first round? Price should be 2€ max!

Stabilized

04 Jun 2016, 10:54

Wodan wrote: Or I can ask GMK for a quote of 150 of these black-on-white DT logo caps and sell them as a lmited edition along with the first round? Price should be 2€ max!
I would really be interested in having a black on white one too. Would it make sense to break the two colours of DT cap into their own pack? Otherwise a 150 MOQ might be quite high for one cap.

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2016, 11:02

I think you'd have more luck with the DT cap(s) in the main HADapter kit. It will surely outsell the HHKB pack.

Also: please update the renders to swap # for \ . Don't want to mistakenly manufacture the wrong key, now we've settled it!

Prelim

04 Jun 2016, 11:19

Muirium wrote: I think you'd have more luck with the DT cap(s) in the main HADapter kit. It will surely outsell the HHKB pack.
this! already said it before, as well ;)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Jun 2016, 13:40

Waiting for an updated render, sent in the request to swap the keys after office hours on friday.

We'll just postpone the black-on-white DT to the next round. I kinda feel like there will be another round.

Stabilized

04 Jun 2016, 14:14

Prelim wrote:
Muirium wrote: I think you'd have more luck with the DT cap(s) in the main HADapter kit. It will surely outsell the HHKB pack.
this! already said it before, as well ;)
The reason I liked the idea of a DT set is that I could buy multiple of just that one key.

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2016, 14:43

Way to bury the lede!

I can see a multiple set of DT caps in the future, with various colours as a package deal. And I've certainly got a few novelties of my own that I'd like. Picture a Cherry profile pair of these:

ba7777
飞不动的加林查

04 Jun 2016, 16:06

Must be in for 3 set. Thanks for making this happen.

VERGiL

04 Jun 2016, 16:22

I'd prefer the centered diamond caps. Thanks again for realizing this GB.

Matt_

04 Jun 2016, 16:31

Just realized that although mods look beige-ish in the renders, U9 is actually medium gray, which may blend nicely with Gateron's light grey mods (of which I have several sets). So I'm definitely in for a few HHKB packs.

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2016, 16:35

Hmm. Any chance we can colour match these with HAD originals? I'm no GMK expert and you've got me worried!

Prelim

04 Jun 2016, 16:39

U9 is the modifiers color used in all classic beige GBs (originatives, 9009, etc) so I think is the best match.

Matt_

04 Jun 2016, 16:40

There is a pic of a HAD board in the first message (spoiler at the bottom), U9 looks like a pretty good match as far as I can tell.

Plus, what Prelim said :)

ideus

04 Jun 2016, 18:20

\| key inclusion is great, please update the OP with the proper render to let interested fellows the know the actual final design. DT key will attract people, I think it should be included in the additionals set as it is already. DT keys in other colors would be a great addition to any present and future sets; but, I encourage you to plan for its inclusion carefully, besides, you should consider that the use of the mold will not be exclusive, and other GB organizers and GMK will be taking advantage of it, so that would be a good reason for you to be the first including more color combinations, as soon as possible.
Last edited by ideus on 04 Jun 2016, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

ideus

04 Jun 2016, 18:22

Ah, and consider to open that GB at GH also, even US ANSI users, like me may be interested in these sets.

Finally, the true OG Cherry is black on beige...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Jun 2016, 22:01

Thise colours are the OG cherry colors. What you're asking me is to manipulate the colors of the renders to match the OG colors on the picture for everyones peace of mind? ;)

I'll gladly color correct any non-standard color renders but I just don't think it's necessary here.

Also I'm not worried at all that other people use the DT mold in their sets, I'd be happy about it. For me there is no need to capitalize on this, I am into this for personal motives and not for the money at all. Every time I see a GMK DT cap I'll be thinking "aaw yisss, I made GMK create a mold from matt3os artwork"

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2016, 22:03

Good. Now onward: to the hammer & sickle!

ideus

05 Jun 2016, 01:41

Your sense of humor is a bit rusty pal, the remark was a funny way to say that the one and only "actual" OG Cherry is "this"' color and I was not referring to capitalize as in profiting, but more in the sense that this is your chance to make a great set of more than one color of the new DT key cap, it would be refer to as the Wodan's.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

05 Jun 2016, 12:40

Sorry bruh didn't mean to sound douchy. If anyone is worried about the colors I will posts pictures of either the 9009 set or the classic beige set along with the OG caps from the OP once I receive them. They both use the exact same colors :)

And I'd love to make a multi colored DT logo set but round up these sets first. I still have 0 clues how to handle orders ... Offering more sets will be super easy once I have a good way of managing orders :)

Muirium
µ

05 Jun 2016, 12:47

Caps are being manufactured in Europe, and shipped from Europe?

If so, what a relief…

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Jun 2016, 12:55

Muirium wrote: If so, what a relief…
You won't save any money :lol:

If you buy from GMK within the EU you pay VAT. If you buy from GMK outside the EU you don't. Higher prices!

Return to “Marketplace Help”