[IC] GMK HADapter Kit This is the IC, Link to GB Inside!

Muirium
µ

05 Jun 2016, 13:00

photekq wrote:
Muirium wrote: Caps are being manufactured in Europe, and shipped from Europe?
If so, what a relief…
You won't save any money :lol:

If you buy from GMK within the EU you pay VAT. If you buy from GMK outside the EU you don't. Higher prices!
That would be so if all EU nations' customs systems behaved equally. But you know what ours is like. That random bonus they slap you with is all too often more than the VAT itself. I'd rather pay German rate than English!

Wodan: are those quoted prices of yours inclusive or excluding VAT?

Prelim

05 Jun 2016, 13:57

Wodan wrote: ...I will posts pictures of either the 9009 set or the classic beige set along with the OG caps from the OP once I receive them. They both use the exact same colors :)
here's some photos I took from the recent Cherry logo Escs (U9 color) with my OG Cherry set, for reference. they match perfectly ;)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

05 Jun 2016, 15:16

Muirium wrote:
Wodan: are those quoted prices of yours inclusive or excluding VAT?
All my prices include VAT and only get the shipping+payment fees on top.
I am unsure how the no-VAT shopping from outside the EU works, probably involves a VAT return from German customs.

But I am planning to pick up the caps from GMK personally - no shipping costs for y'all on that side.
Will ask if I can take my GoPro on a tour there.

@prelim: thanks what an awesome idea!!

ideus

05 Jun 2016, 15:28

Wodan wrote: Sorry bruh didn't mean to sound douchy. If anyone is worried about the colors I will posts pictures of either the 9009 set or the classic beige set along with the OG caps from the OP once I receive them. They both use the exact same colors :)

And I'd love to make a multi colored DT logo set but round up these sets first. I still have 0 clues how to handle orders ... Offering more sets will be super easy once I have a good way of managing orders :)
The colors are fine and your plan is good, let's do this. Just be sure to get your buy to r/MK and GH, all OG Cherry beige lover deserve the chance to get more beige mods.

Prelim

05 Jun 2016, 15:45

Wodan wrote: Will ask if I can take my GoPro on a tour there.
that would be priceless, go for it! :D :D

bazh

05 Jun 2016, 16:06

Yo late to the party but does this mean I can freely find a HAD now and will be able to use it as ANSI board? Hell yes I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wodan
ISO Advocate

05 Jun 2016, 17:06

bazh wrote: Yo late to the party but does this mean I can freely find a HAD now and will be able to use it as ANSI board? Hell yes I'm in
Well you'll still be left with Germän alphanumerics ...
But most other ISO Cherry keycap sets will work just as well except for the #' special key. That's the HAD part of this set ;)

Phenix
-p

05 Jun 2016, 17:11

For round 2: Could you add only number - numberrow caps? (like in granite). Are others interested in this aswell?

Muirium
µ

05 Jun 2016, 17:52

@Prelim: Thanks for the pics! I am somewhat reassured now.

Wodan wrote:
bazh wrote: Yo late to the party but does this mean I can freely find a HAD now and will be able to use it as ANSI board? Hell yes I'm in
Well you'll still be left with Germän alphanumerics ...
But most other ISO Cherry keycap sets will work just as well except for the #' special key. That's the HAD part of this set ;)
Yeah, specifically you'll need to watch out for the [ and ] keys, which are extra letters instead in German, and also ; and ' are in different places. Naturally, you can ignore the legends and just type as though you had ANSI caps; that's what I'd do if I was patching a German set, but I'm patching from winkeyless ANSI instead.
bazh wrote: I am advertising Tapatalk
Grr! I know it's automatic, but that's shit's getting hella old. Turn it off, would you?

bazh

05 Jun 2016, 18:02

Shit I didn't even realize it was there :/ this stupid app doesn't show it in the quick reply box

Muirium
µ

05 Jun 2016, 18:11

Classy, aren't they! Way to Google juice up their name, but ghost posting it all over the internet…

Anyway, back on topic: total price estimates would be useful for us buyers, Wodan. Especially if you can knock something off the shipping for bundle deals. Like everyone in the HHKB lobby, I'm likely in for both kits.

ideus

06 Jun 2016, 05:30

Muirium wrote: Classy, aren't they! Way to Google juice up their name, but ghost posting it all over the internet…

Anyway, back on topic: total price estimates would be useful for us buyers, Wodan. Especially if you can knock something off the shipping for bundle deals. Like everyone in the HHKB lobby, I'm likely in for both kits.
+1 for bundle shipping.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Jun 2016, 10:12

International shipping with tracking will most likely be ~6€ depending on the price of suitable padded envelopes. This is good for up to 500gr. That's alot of caps! The actual shippong charge is 5,70€ but I'm unsure if that's good for ANY place on this planet. USA and EU should be included though!

photekq
Cherry Picker

06 Jun 2016, 10:18

Would it be possible to have them shipped in a box? I know it complicates matters immensely (box shipping is a pain in the ass), but I don't trust padded envelopes in the slightest when it comes to keycaps. Especially when it comes to international shipping!

ba7777
飞不动的加林查

06 Jun 2016, 10:50

photekq wrote:Would it be possible to have them shipped in a box? I know it complicates matters immensely (box shipping is a pain in the ass), but I don't trust padded envelopes in the slightest when it comes to keycaps. Especially when it comes to international shipping!
Some Key caps were shipped to me (from Germany to China) in padded envelope twice before. They all survived the trip.

Maybe I am just lucky.

Box, if with reasonable price, would be a better choice definitely.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Jun 2016, 11:00

International box shipping is at least twice that rate.
I have a good plan for the packaging. There's also just a couple of caps in each bag and not a full set with 100+ caps.

But I can offer two shipping options and show an example of the envelope packaging.

Edit: I found some cardboard boxes that fit the dimensions of the shipping class mentioned above. This will probably be my default shipping option. They're 12c each when buying 250pc so well within budget.

Prelim

06 Jun 2016, 11:38

I've received dozens of keycaps in padded envelopes and never had any problem!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Jun 2016, 11:48

Just for info, an international shipping option I often use (obsolete here after Wodan's edit):
Spoiler:
DHL box "Packset XS" (weight: 50g, price: 1.49€), big enough for at least 200 keycaps,
shipped internationally with a gross weight of 500 g (i.e. ~full with keycaps)
as a registered letter (i.e. tracked and insured up to ~37€): 6.20€

So price of the box + shipping price = ~7.70€

Handling is a pain, though, as each box comes flat and has to be unfolded and brought into shape, and an inside bag as well a filling material are necessary to prevent caps from moving inside of the box.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Jun 2016, 11:49

Attention! Final markups to be commited soon:

If you find anything wrong with these markups please PM me and post here ASAP.
Will commit the order with GMK based on these markups very soon.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Jun 2016, 11:55

kbdfr wrote: Handling is a pain, though, as each box comes flat and has to be unfolded and brought into shape, and an inside bag as well a filling material are necessary to prevent caps from moving inside of the box.
Thanks for the contribution kbdfr, I'm still open to suggestions here!
And I'm sure I will regret alot of this here when I'm folding 250 cardboard boxes and cropping hundreds of shipping labels to work on my label printer ...

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2016, 12:09

A pain in the arse, but all for a good cause! You have our thanks in advance.

Man, I just read Kbdfr's spoiler, and let me tell you: boxes don't get to ship as "letters" over here. The post office has templates through which the various letter size classes must fit. A bubblemailer with a single layer of caps inside only barely squeezes through the fattest one. And easily costs what you Germans pay for a whole box.

Ripoff Britannia. Brings a tear to my eye, it really does. And not because I'm a patriot…

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Jun 2016, 12:31

Well the "product" or shipping class I'm using here is pretty new in Germany as well but a perfect service for keycaps.

The maximum thickness is actually 30mm which is more than enough. Getting 20mm boxes now so we have a little extra room ;)

shreebles
Finally 60%

06 Jun 2016, 16:54

Looks just lovely, Wodan.
Even a true ISOist like myself might consider to try ANSI with split backspace for a day or two.

ideus

06 Jun 2016, 19:10

I got key caps from Europe - Germany, GB and Sweden - in envelopes and they arrived in good shape, even some chocolates and candies that came along with my goodies were pristine.

Halvar

06 Jun 2016, 19:24

Re. thread title:

Absurdly enough, there's a kind of ANSI/ISO problem with calendar weeks!

In the US, CW 24 is this very week that we're in now. In countries using the ISO calender week, this is week 23... :roll:

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2016, 19:38

Good thing ISO and ANSI months are more compatible.

Halvar

06 Jun 2016, 19:47

Good thing there are almost no folks insisting on using ANSI CWs in ISO CW countries! The only one I know is a guy called Microsoft SQL Server...

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2016, 19:58

Oh, he's such a dick!

Anyway, I'm completely oblivious to numbered weeks. And I assume most people are, who are reading the thread title. I had to even ask what it was…

(Use a real date!)

Zylkan

07 Jun 2016, 16:21

:) CW24 is already next week!

Prelim

07 Jun 2016, 16:29

real dates are needed lol, never got into this "week X" thing... so fuckin' american :P

Return to “Marketplace Help”