Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

rodtang

05 Feb 2013, 19:53

el2k wrote:A new in box MX3700 numpad?
You BIN'd that auction on ebay.de didn't you?

el2k

05 Feb 2013, 20:33

rodtang wrote:
No, *sheepish* >.<

I kinda wanna use it, But didn't know if it was better to just keep it in it's box and keep it in my "collection"?

fossala
Elite +1

05 Feb 2013, 20:37

el2k wrote:
rodtang wrote:
No, *sheepish* >.<

I kinda wanna use it, But didn't know if it was better to just keep it in it's box and keep it in my "collection"?
My thought is with collectibles. If you want to use it, just do so. You can pick another for your collection later.

el2k

05 Feb 2013, 20:41

^^ That's what I thought but since this one is still new in its box... I was thinking I should keep that in the "collection" and find a second hand one to use myself? :/

Icarium

05 Feb 2013, 22:06

Stop collecting shit in boxes! It's a tree-falls-in-the-forest kind of situation: If you never open the box you don't even know if the keyboard is really in there! :) Collectibles, shmolectibles.

7bit

05 Feb 2013, 22:09

No, it is like with Webwit's cat:

When you open the box, you never know if the cat is in there or a keyboard!

fossala
Elite +1

05 Feb 2013, 22:11

7bit wrote:No, it is like with Webwit's cat:

When you open the box, you never know if the cat is in there or a keyboard!
I knew I must have a better collection that webwit at something; cats.
Webwit: 1
Fossala: 3

7bit

05 Feb 2013, 22:14

How can you know how many cats are in webwit's boxes without opening them?

However, if you open a box, there is either a cat or a keyboard inside, never both.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2013, 22:37

I had four cats but now I'm down to one :(
The bad thing about pets is that they die.

urlwolf

06 Feb 2013, 03:01

I have two deskos, the'elbowglue spos' model...
They have the 'classic' cherry blacks (close in feeling to reds, my favorite switch). They are NIB.
How much are they worth?

I also have a cherry MX 3000 (reds, bought it in China) with doubleshots. I paid a lot for it ~2yrs ago, when reds where rare. I like that it weights next to nothing, and it's very spatious around the arrow cluster, I can rest my hand pinky-side on the space between the arrows and numpad.

mintberryminuscrunch

06 Feb 2013, 06:17

Might be interested in the Desko, but don't know what it is worth.

Daniel

07 Feb 2013, 22:58

rodtang wrote:
The seller ended the auction before the official end. I even asked him if it was still available. He told me his son has taken it with him. :cry:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/370750286606

Daniel Beardsmore

12 Feb 2013, 01:14

precarious wrote:Image
Cherry M8 low-profile switches. Closed version no less — they usually have no lid. And no branding on the lid …

Edit: Quoted the wrong picture! Picture above is now of the switches, not the keycaps!
Last edited by Daniel Beardsmore on 16 Feb 2013, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

el2k

13 Feb 2013, 18:17

A 1986 Model M?

Keyboard itself is a little grubby, keys are quite clean though, I gave them a quick once over.
Not sure about rivet situation but shook it and heard a few rattles.
I haven't actually fully tested the keyboard as I use a Asus motherboard and it has enough power to the PS2 port at startup, so can enter setup with delete etc but it doesn't work once windows has booted, so haven't check if EVERY key works.

philpirj

07 Mar 2013, 02:14

Is it worth buying one of these?
Image IBM KB-0225?

mintberryminuscrunch

07 Mar 2013, 05:57

No

Okeg

12 Mar 2013, 18:25

Not sure about what I want for it, but how much is a Model M SSK in MINT condition worth?

Icarium

12 Mar 2013, 18:29

Unless MINT actually means NIB it's still around the 150 Euro mark, I would say.

phirestarter

17 Mar 2013, 22:52

Got this keyboard in a furniture store for 1€...is it worth it?

guilleguillaume

17 Mar 2013, 23:17

Pull up one key to see what switch is underneath. It looks like a Model M OEM of some kind.

phirestarter

17 Mar 2013, 23:29

Seems like rubber...

rodtang

18 Mar 2013, 00:01

guilleguillaume wrote:Pull up one key to see what switch is underneath. It looks like a Model M OEM of some kind.
It is quite easy to quickly tell Model M's apart from the ones that are similar in shape and design.
The first thing that often is easiest to spot is that there has to be a logo or a place for a logo, either the old square IBM label at the right, the normal oval IBM logo at the left (note there is a rebranded version(s) with an oval logo) or the most common 'boards when it comes to rebranded versions the big rectangular square in the top left corner.

Two other things on this 'board are: The stepping on the caps lock key is wrong (this is also a good way to tell if something is Cherry or not). And the LED sticker on this 'board is simply too small to be a model M.

I'm sorry, this turned more into a rant than something actually readable and informational... :roll:

phirestarter

18 Mar 2013, 16:20

I knew it wasn't a model M, but thank you for your insight. Is it worthless though? I actually think it looks kind of cool...being somewhat old and with portuguese layout.

rodtang

18 Mar 2013, 16:39

phirestarter wrote:I knew it wasn't a model M, but thank you for your insight. Is it worthless though? I actually think it looks kind of cool...being somewhat old and with portuguese layout.
If it is ok to type on (which it looks to be) it would be worth hanging onto at least (unless you have tons of other keyboards).
You probably wouldn't get a lot for it if you tried to sell it though.

phirestarter

24 Mar 2013, 20:56

IBM Keyboard, with this label on the back. I've been trying to find out more but no luck so far...
edit: nevermind, just found it, rubberdome in portuguese

jakeri

04 Apr 2013, 13:00

Hi! How much is unused CIB USB Cherry MY G81-7000 with czech layout worth? I think I've got like 10 of those.

mbodrov

04 Apr 2013, 22:37

What are the letters in the model code after the "-7000"?

Koiko

04 Apr 2013, 23:41

Hello
I found this keyboard in my basement. Is it worth anything? The switches aren't clicky.

jakeri

04 Apr 2013, 23:46

mbodrov wrote:What are the letters in the model code after the "-7000"?
G81-7000LUATS-2/00

mbodrov

05 Apr 2013, 00:27

Koiko: no...

jakeri: not much. Maybe 5-10 EUR if there's a buyer who wants it, which there won't be all that often.

Return to “Marketplace Help”