Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Ellis

12 Mar 2012, 22:16

Hm, yes there does seem to have been some confusion as to who I am. :(

dirge: I've got one person on here interested already, if nothing happens with that I may put it on geekhack too. I don't have any keyboards at all lying around. :(

ripster, not sure if this was ever intended to be about my Ducky, but the Windows key isn't doubleshot. I'm not sure entirely how they do do "print" the keys on illuminated keyboards though.

attarian

12 Mar 2012, 22:41

any one know how much it is worth?
It's sadly an Ansi layout...

MyNameIsFinn

21 Mar 2012, 21:56

How much is this worth??

Also what other color clickclacks could i get for this one?
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332363350.930243.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332363350.930243.jpg (99.01 KiB) Viewed 5063 times

cactux

21 Mar 2012, 22:05

[Account and posts deleted on request]

glossywhite

22 Mar 2012, 04:04

As per the title, are the IBM Model M boards with the detachable SDL to PS/2 cables, more collectible? I have been fortunate to have been offered two of these at a crazy cheap price of £30 each (NOT selling them!)

The boards:

The cable to which I refer:

Cheers me dears :-)

Trent

22 Mar 2012, 04:34

Glossy this question should probably go in the "How much is my _____ worth thread?" instead of yet another thread being made. This does not need to be a new thread in the marketplace. You've returned here, please take notice to the protocol we hold here.

http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16

Now on a lighter note, I don't know the answer to your question, but they sure are more convenient as cables can be replaced without pulling apart the board. I'd say they are more valuable in convenience, as for cost no clue. I found one with a built in cable in my recent 4 pallet find, and then found over 20 with the detachable SDL version, for some perspective. Personally I hate the fact that I have to watch over one of the boards in fear that the cable will snap off.

Trent

glossywhite

22 Mar 2012, 04:44

Trent wrote:Glossy this question should probably go in the "How much is my _____ worth thread?" instead of yet another thread being made. This does not need to be a new thread in the marketplace. You've returned here, please take notice to the protocol we hold here.

http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16

Now on a lighter note, I don't know the answer to your question, but they sure are more convenient as cables can be replaced without pulling apart the board. I'd say they are more valuable in convenience, as for cost no clue. I found one with a built in cable in my recent 4 pallet find, and then found over 20 with the detachable SDL version, for some perspective. Personally I hate the fact that I have to watch over one of the boards in fear that the cable will snap off.

Trent
Thanks for answering.

PS: It would be in the wrong section, if I took that advice; I'm not asking how much it is worth, as you can see.

rodtang

22 Mar 2012, 07:37

glossywhite wrote: PS: It would be in the wrong section, if I took that advice; I'm not asking how much it is worth, as you can see.
It should be there or not in the marketplace section at all.

Tarkoon

22 Mar 2012, 10:19

Kinesis Advantage used in good condition US/dvorak dual layout caps.
What price would you aim at?

Icarium

22 Mar 2012, 10:28

Depends on whether it is usb or ps/2 and if it is a professional or not.

Tarkoon

22 Mar 2012, 10:32

Non Pro and USB...

Icarium

22 Mar 2012, 10:39

There was one on ebay.de for 80 or 90 last week. I think it's worth up to 120 in Germany. They're hard to get.

Edit: Maybe I should clarify: Depending on condition they may be worth more. 120 is what I would be willing to pay for it.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

22 Mar 2012, 11:12

They are more desirable, and probably more valuable. They aren't rarer though, the 1391401 (and related models in different layouts) were by far the most common Model M variant (I've seen 1391401s with serial numbers over 10,000,000)

Grond

22 Mar 2012, 11:26

And you can get costum usb cables for them, so you don't need other adapters.

mintberryminuscrunch

22 Mar 2012, 11:36

Icarium wrote:There was one on ebay.de for 80 or 90 last week. I think it's worth up to 120 in Germany. They're hard to get.

Edit: Maybe I should clarify: Depending on condition they may be worth more. 120 is what I would be willing to pay for it.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/300673430717
for a new one

grasshopper

23 Mar 2012, 15:43

The price you've paid is fair for the UK but definitely not "crazy cheap". The only thing that might make your Model Ms stand out from the crowd is that they appear to have non-standard LED overlays.

Model Ms with detachable SDL to PS/2 cables are far more common than the ones with fixed cables. However, they are more desirable and therefore, all other things being equal, should command a higher price. Sometimes rarer does not equal more desirable. The SDL models also have sturdier cases. The only advantage of the fixed cable models is that they will have been manufactured at a later date and therefore might be in better condition.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Mar 2012, 15:50

From personal experience I would say they are more common. Then again I am not an IBM collector.

ripster

23 Mar 2012, 17:41

glossywhite wrote:As per the title, are the IBM Model M boards with the detachable SDL to PS/2 cables, more collectible? I have been fortunate to have been offered two of these at a crazy cheap price of £30 each (NOT selling them!)

You buy IBM Model M 1391401's because you want THE Classic, not because it's crazy cheap.

Plus the Unicomp logo is an assault on font lovers everywhere.

glossywhite

25 Mar 2012, 22:53

ripster wrote:
glossywhite wrote:As per the title, are the IBM Model M boards with the detachable SDL to PS/2 cables, more collectible? I have been fortunate to have been offered two of these at a crazy cheap price of £30 each (NOT selling them!)

You buy IBM Model M 1391401's because you want THE Classic, not because it's crazy cheap.

Plus the Unicomp logo is an assault on font lovers everywhere.

iNoRite?

Why go to all the effort of taking over a company, replicating their products, and then messing it all up with a logo that looks like it was designed by a suit using Word '97 in his tea break... and then not even trimming the flashing off the keys. Lazy. Also, I took the Unicomp I have here, apart, and the way the controller board is mated to the membrane is... well, as an experienced electronic engineer with high standards, let's just say it's "a mess", for the price these people ask; I'll post some photos in a while.

ripster

25 Mar 2012, 23:11

BTW put some electrical tape on the aluminum part underneath. You can accidentally short the controller if you push down on the logo area hard enough.

I'd post pics but it's too much work here and they don't allow hotlinking from Geekhack.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title= ... lectronics

glossywhite

26 Mar 2012, 02:26

Wow, the heavy mob removed my onion :'(

:lol:

cactux

26 Mar 2012, 02:42

[Account and posts deleted on request]

glossywhite

26 Mar 2012, 02:57

cactux wrote:That is why I like this place, trolling is not highly apreciated
It wasn't a troll, it was an onion. There's a difference between "trolling" and people taking themselves a little too seriously. If I were all that bad, I'd be banned. I am causing no harm, but half the people in here have a stick up their back side!

It's a little bit of fun, that's all. :)

Topre Enthusiast

26 Mar 2012, 02:59

glossywhite wrote:If I were all that bad, I'd be banned again; perhaps permanently this time around.
FTFY ;)

glossywhite

26 Mar 2012, 03:16

Mind control. Awesome.

Just a very bad copy of geekhack, full of uptight folk who take life too seriously. I often wonder if people merely reply on here just so they get to type something...

Splendid!

Topre Enthusiast

26 Mar 2012, 03:19

You're alright little matey.

Peter

28 Mar 2012, 16:59

Here's why detachable cables sound like a great idea, but in reality are a nightmare :
OMFG.jpg
OMFG.jpg (929.62 KiB) Viewed 4831 times
That is the keyboard of my dreams, especially now that I have a set of white Cherry DS-caps
in Danish layout ..
But I can't even program or use the damn thing because accompanying cable was the wrong one !

How much is a used IBM model M worth these days ?
Apparently nearly the same as a brand-new Unicomp !
2 new cables from Unicomp will cost you 30$ plus shipping, VAT and Customs-handling fee .
So, I would say you made a very good deal :)

hamza_tm

31 Mar 2012, 21:35

How much is a Thermaltake Esports Meka (not G series, the compact meka) worth?

Its as new with not a scratch, but the gaming keys (wasd, left shift) are a little faded. Used for a few months.

Has the well known TT "non-stiff" Cherry MX Black switches!

hamza_tm

01 Apr 2012, 18:09

no love for a meka?

fossala
Elite +1

01 Apr 2012, 18:22

Why don't you just wait see. You have posted it on ebay so you will know shortly.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TT-Esports-Me ... 2c6447014d

Return to “Marketplace Help”