Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Chyros

15 Feb 2018, 17:51

yayo350 wrote: Found this keyboard, apparently (according to reddit) its a variation on the Kb-101a, ive been getting messages about it but i dont know much about its actuall worth https://imgur.com/a/hgG6t

(first time posting, not really much knowledge about keyboards)
Heh, I recognise that one ^^ .

It's worth decent money I'm sure!

Theodoooore

15 Feb 2018, 20:25

If I were to sell this ALPS SKFL keyboard as a whole/ just for caps, what could I get for it?:

https://i.imgur.com/CVzUKdR.png

They're doubleshot and must be ABS.

Edit: the board itself is nigh-on inconvertible, it has a single ribbon cable running down the back and runs on an unknown protocol. The only point in selling the whole board would be for harvesting the switches.

snufflecat

16 Feb 2018, 10:21

Any thoughts on what I could get for my Kinesis Contoured, "Model 130" from 1995? It's got Mx browns and some slight yellowing. Looks basically like this one: wiki/File:Kinesis_130e_Essential.jpg

Gnohio

16 Feb 2018, 10:34

Theodoooore wrote: If I were to sell this ALPS SKFL keyboard as a whole/ just for caps, what could I get for it?:

https://i.imgur.com/CVzUKdR.png

They're doubleshot and must be ABS.

Edit: the board itself is nigh-on inconvertible, it has a single ribbon cable running down the back and runs on an unknown protocol. The only point in selling the whole board would be for harvesting the switches.
Those are some really nice looking caps, especially the funky enter key.

davkol

16 Feb 2018, 13:23

snufflecat wrote: Any thoughts on what I could get for my Kinesis Contoured, "Model 130" from 1995? It's got Mx browns and some slight yellowing. Looks basically like this one: wiki/File:Kinesis_130e_Essential.jpg
I haven't seen anyone collect these; it's usually a base for controller conversion etc.

I've bought a couple of USB models (Kinesis Advantage, KB500) essentially NIB for ca. €120 each including postage and considered it a decent deal in Europe. But those were usable out of the box including remapping (although I didn't like the stock firmware).

Personally, I'd definitely get the older model for €60 + postage, while keeping in mind that conversion would be extra €30-60 and some work.

Zylkan

17 Feb 2018, 12:16

Hi everyone,

Recently got my hands on a french Sayag keyboard from the 80s. I had never seen one before and I'm very curious to know its market value so to speak.
I'm deciding if I should keep it or let it go.
It has WoB DS caps and vintage cherry black switches.
Caps are in great condition too, just a bit dusty as would be expected.

Now for some pics although not the best quality:

Many thanks in advance!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

17 Feb 2018, 15:44

Unfortunately probably not worth much more than the switches themselves unless there is just some collector specifically looking for a board like this. The layout is pretty weird and it of course wouldn't work with a modern system. If I were to buy I'd price it at probably $30-40.

hansichen

17 Feb 2018, 16:21

That's why too low. These are super rare stepped wob caps and also row 0 F keys. I think I've never seen them before. It's definetly a piece for collectors but it's a very special piece

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

17 Feb 2018, 16:25

Rarity doesn't make something valuable. Like I said, to the right buyer you could fetch whatever said buyer was willing to pay, but I'm being realistic in a market flooded with Cherry MX.

hansichen

17 Feb 2018, 16:28

There are enough people who would pay 40$ for the F row alone. And switches itself are worth a bit and a wob doubleshot set is not free too.

Zylkan

17 Feb 2018, 17:41

Thank you both for your feedack.

It's funny because I actually agree with you both. On one hand it has nice switches but not that many, and a nice row of WoB caps. Apart from that it's "just" a collector's item in it's own right.

That's why I have a dilemma. I could use the F row myself and build a 60 with the switches. Other than that I think I'd prefer to keep it than let it go for $40-50.

Prelim

17 Feb 2018, 18:52

I would say at least $100 for collectors, WoBs are very rare (F row to F14) and doesn't seem to have any shine on them. The board is also a PC interface to luminous signs:

scottc

17 Feb 2018, 19:17

I wouldn't sell it for $40-50 at all. If I was in your position I'd keep it unless I got a really good offer for some reason. It's a fun little board and seems to be usable, so to me it's worth more than the sum of its parts (which are still a lot more than $30).

Zylkan

17 Feb 2018, 19:34

Prelim wrote: I would say at least $100 for collectors, WoBs are very rare (F row to F14) and doesn't seem to have any shine on them. The board is also a PC interface to luminous signs:
!!!

So cooòol

Zylkan

17 Feb 2018, 19:49

scottc wrote: I wouldn't sell it for $40-50 at all. If I was in your position I'd keep it unless I got a really good offer for some reason. It's a fun little board and seems to be usable, so to me it's worth more than the sum of its parts (which are still a lot more than $30).
Agree! Thanks for your feedback!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

19 Feb 2018, 21:27

Also note that I'm not advocating you sell it for that price, just what it is worth to me (a non-collector).

gogusrl

19 Feb 2018, 22:47

To me, that keyboard is worth 0. I hate the french (layout) and I can bathe in a fresh batch of mx blacks every day until I die. Yet, I don't see how that would be relevant for me to post here since everyone kinda wants "market value".

Myoth

19 Feb 2018, 22:49

gogusrl wrote: To me, that keyboard is worth 0. I hate the french (layout) and I can bathe in a fresh batch of mx blacks every day until I die. Yet, I don't see how that would be relevant for me to post here since everyone kinda wants "market value".
does your hate blind you ? because it's not a french layout.

gogusrl

19 Feb 2018, 22:53

It was a joke, sorry if it came out wrong. I noticed the french sticker on the back and just assumed it was a french layout.

green-squid

21 Feb 2018, 18:54

I mentioned this keyboard a month ago, but I decided I will not sell this Zenith keyboard. I actually like it now.

gianni

22 Feb 2018, 14:13

Can please someone confirm that this is a model m buckling spring? The vendor can't remove a keycap to verify...
Thanks
cancs-l1600.jpg
cancs-l1600.jpg (148.68 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
canc2s-l1600.jpg
canc2s-l1600.jpg (129.03 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
canc3s-l1600.jpg
canc3s-l1600.jpg (101.49 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
canc4s-l1600.jpg
canc4s-l1600.jpg (78.11 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
canc5s-l1600.jpg
canc5s-l1600.jpg (126.1 KiB) Viewed 5193 times

hansichen

22 Feb 2018, 14:16

Most likely it is a model M but there are a few models which were rubberdomes and which look identical. I'm not sure which cable configurations for these models exist so I can't tell you for sure which switches it has. But chances are very high that it's a normal model M

Phenix
-p

22 Feb 2018, 17:30

that appears to be a SDL cable

gianni

23 Feb 2018, 03:29

Phenix wrote: that appears to be a SDL cable
Does this mean that it's a buckling spring?

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

23 Feb 2018, 03:48

I was wondering that too. Did all of the rubber dome IBM keyboards have attached cables? I would expect that since the very late buckling spring models switched to attached cables.

JP!

23 Feb 2018, 03:49

gianni wrote:
Phenix wrote: that appears to be a SDL cable
Does this mean that it's a buckling spring?
Spoiler:
bs.jpg
bs.jpg (63.74 KiB) Viewed 5058 times

green-squid

23 Feb 2018, 18:39

Hello! It's me with my Zenith. I have desoldered all the SKCL Greens from it. 80 regular ones (plus another one, has a half-broken leg, still goes into the socket fine) and one SKCL Cream (spacebar). What would be a fair price to ask for these per switch?

Thanks!

digital_matthew

23 Feb 2018, 19:11

I've never seen a Model M grey badge that was a "Quiet Key" rubber dome, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't. I'd say the odds are in your favor. You could also ask the seller to try pressing a key and see if it "pings" or clicks.

tron

03 Mar 2018, 19:01

I'm curious how much my Blue Alps Acer KB-101AS is worth (version with double shot abs and scooped f and j keys). It is clean and in above average condition with only a tiny bit of rust on the back plate. The switches and caps are in great condition.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

03 Mar 2018, 19:08

tron wrote: I'm curious how much my Blue Alps Acer KB-101AS is worth (version with double shot abs and scooped f and j keys). It is clean and in above average condition with only a tiny bit of rust on the back plate. The switches and caps are in great condition.
$300-$350

Return to “Marketplace Help”