Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

03 Mar 2018, 22:29

NEC PC-8801 MK II SR (Blue Alps, Japanese PBT Dye Sub)

IBM InfoWindow II 06G6331 and Model M 1384167

Myoth

03 Mar 2018, 22:33

for the first, I'd say about 175usd to 250usd

for the second, well I'd say about 60usd total, the keybpard isn't really wanted and the InforWindow uhhh well I don't really know.

Happydog

04 Mar 2018, 20:46

Lectori Salutem.

I tried to establish a decent price for a model F 5291 Bigfoot keyboard for a while now. The prices I found on the internet differ from 180$ to 40$. I believe DT is the place to get a real and honest price indication. What is the value of this not-so-easy to find keyboard, with or without the IBM 5291-2 terminal and monitor.

Awaiting reply,

Happydog.
Last edited by Happydog on 04 Mar 2018, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Myoth

04 Mar 2018, 20:52

As they are unusable without a conversion (not of the simplest IIRC) I would say around 60usd to 80usd. They're not as sought after as XTs and those are already around 120usd. Maybe converted they would be valued as much.

Khers

04 Mar 2018, 20:54

Happydog wrote: Lectori Salutem.

I tried to establish a decent price for a model F 5291 Bigfoot keyboard for a while now. The prices I found on the internet differ from 180$ to 40$. I believe DT is the place to get a real and honest price indication. What is the value of this not-so-easy to find keyboard, with or without the IBM 5291-2 terminal and monitor.

Awaiting reply,

Happydog.
~€80 is what I would consider a fair price. Quite a number have surfaced during the past couple of years and they are some of the least looked for Model Fs. However, with the recent price surge among vintage keyboards, and the Model F in particular, you never know.

The conversion is super simple, Myoth. Teensy with Soarer's and a few wires.

Myoth

04 Mar 2018, 20:57

Khers wrote: The conversion is super simple, Myoth. Teensy with Soarer's and a few wires.
oh well my bad, I recall a drawback to them but I didn't remember them, I like them a lot but since they don't seen sought after I must have imagined a drawback for them :oops:

Dingster

04 Mar 2018, 21:40

Id actually be really interested in a model F (for cheap if possible :p) if its in the EU ;)

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

05 Mar 2018, 00:36

Myoth wrote:
Khers wrote: The conversion is super simple, Myoth. Teensy with Soarer's and a few wires.
oh well my bad, I recall a drawback to them but I didn't remember them, I like them a lot but since they don't seen sought after I must have imagined a drawback for them :oops:
The minor drawback is the necessary conversion. The major drawback is the XT layout! Though some people claim to like it, or at least tolerate it.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

05 Mar 2018, 23:51

What would an unopened NIB model F AT fetch?

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

05 Mar 2018, 23:52

//gainsborough wrote: What would an unopened NIB model F AT fetch?
edit: to clarify, the box has been opened, but the board is still in it's plastic bag thingy

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

06 Mar 2018, 01:57

//gainsborough wrote:What would an unopened NIB model F AT fetch?
With the way Model F prices have been lately, I'm going to guess $300-$400.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

06 Mar 2018, 05:41

Alright, thanks!

Happydog

06 Mar 2018, 10:55

Hello.

I found a few space saving IBM type M keyboards together with some weird looking smaller keyboards with three rows of blank keys, also IBM. The guy who owns them maybe wants to sell one or two to me, but is not sure yet. I'm sure the combined knowledge of the DT members can tell me what this smaller keyboard is and what it is for. I mean blank keys, two rows of 9 keys and one of 20. Never seen anything alike. Both keyboards seem to have a square connector. The foto's were a bit dim and shaky.
What would be a good price to pay for a space saver IBM type M keyboard, together with the other smaller "keyboard".

Awaiting advise,

Happydog.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

06 Mar 2018, 10:58

Where are the pictures?

subcat

06 Mar 2018, 11:00

Happydog wrote: Hello.

I found a few space saving IBM type M keyboards together with some weird looking smaller keyboards with three rows of blank keys, also IBM. The guy who owns them maybe wants to sell one or two to me, but is not sure yet. I'm sure the combined knowledge of the DT members can tell me what this smaller keyboard is and what it is for. I mean blank keys, two rows of 9 keys and one of 20. Never seen anything alike. Both keyboards seem to have a square connector. The foto's were a bit dim and shaky.
What would be a good price to pay for a space saver IBM type M keyboard, together with the other smaller "keyboard".

Awaiting advise,

Happydog.
definitely need to see some pics, not sure i've heard of anything like that unless you mean the 50 keys.

Happydog

06 Mar 2018, 12:32

The owner of the space saver keyboards showed me the foto's on his phone, I do not have them.
But for the sake of negotiating ;) I need some advise about a possible price i would pay for a IBM space saver.
Of course I did some search work on the internet, and found some info on Ebay and Clickykeyboards. Still not sure what price would be fair or not. I'm awaiting a reply from the owner of the keyboards. He might want to sell, but maybe not. If I offer the right price it might help to get him over the line. Interesting looking keyboards, but yeah I'm a bit short on resources. There is a possibility he wants to swap one or two bigfoot's for a space saver. Would that be a good deal?

Regards,
Happydog.

Happydog

06 Mar 2018, 13:30

I made a mistake in the description of the smaller keyboard, it should be 2 rows of 15 keys and 1 of twenty. That makes 50 in total. Silly me.

depletedvespene

06 Mar 2018, 13:41

Do you mean something like the keyboard in the upper left corner of this image?

Happydog

06 Mar 2018, 14:40

Yep, both the left pictures resemble the keyboards in the foto's I've been shown. I'm curious where the upper very small keyboard is for. Is this some kind of programmable keyboard?? And for what purpose?? It puzzles me.

Thanks in advance,
Happydog.

Myoth

06 Mar 2018, 14:43

I think it probably looks like these :

Last edited by Myoth on 06 Mar 2018, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

hansichen

06 Mar 2018, 14:43

The lower left one is a kishy and not a normal spacesaver IBM. This one alone goes for something like 1000$ now. As it's a model F the 50 key board could be a F50 which would probably go for few hundreds too these days. These boards were used in banks as far as I know

j0d1

06 Mar 2018, 14:46

From http://kishy.ca/?p=648:
50-key “function”, matrix/grid, relegendable transparent keycaps, designated “Model 100”
From IBM: “The 50-key Function keyboard is intended for teller use. Forty-five of the keys may have functions assigned by the user. These keys are clear plastic capped to enable labelling by the user. The remaining five keys are pre-engraved. The 50-key keyboard may be used alone or in conjunction with a 62-key keyboard for device functions.”

depletedvespene

06 Mar 2018, 14:49

Happydog wrote: Yep, both the left pictures resemble the keyboards in the foto's I've been shown. I'm curious where the upper very small keyboard is for. Is this some kind of programmable keyboard?? And for what purpose?? It puzzles me.

Thanks in advance,
Happydog.
The 50-key model is a ("programmable") keypad. I got two of those (the later models, though) and I find them rather useful.

The 62-key model is a proper keyboard, and a highly coveted one at that. I truly hope you can get those and show us some pictures.

Happydog

06 Mar 2018, 16:12

Thanks a lot for all the useful information, I'm learning by the day this way. I never thought a keyboard could fetch 1000$, imagine one would find some of these in a thrift shop. It happens from time to time that people do these finds. In the Netherlands we have a TV program that is called "Between art & Kitsch" wherein a while ago an object was shown. It was a smallish green rectangular thing with a small oval picture in the middle. Four red stones on the corners and some glitters around the picture. The lady who owns the object bought it on a flee-market for about 20€.
It appeared to made by Peter Carl Faberge and the picture in the middle was of the last Russian Tsar family. The value was 20000€. Not a bad find I would say.
Back to the keyboards I might obtain ((shortly (hopefully)). If a deal can be made with the present owner of the IBM goodies, and these will come my way, I will post foto's from the keyboards and their inside. But as I said, he might sell -but maybe not.
For the time being I can post foto's from my dismantled Bigfoot, for reference purposes. My camera is playing games with me lately, but I believe I can get the thing back in line by flashing the firmware again. It might help. If so, foto's will follow soon.

Regards,
Happydog.

AdrianMan

15 Mar 2018, 21:48

Hello, I've managed to get some SA Carbon with trades from grab bags....wondering how much it worth :

SA Carbon set made from grab bag keycaps + extra grab bag keys, pictures: https://imgur.com/a/OOegr

P.S: Also have W and V + carbon novelty tab incoming.

Phenix
-p

15 Mar 2018, 22:15

Why do you have that skull keycap from R2 carbon in there?

Figured grab bags start being sold after the GB shipped?

Iggy

17 Mar 2018, 08:53

I am considering selling a number of keyboards and I would like to get a price chech on these;

Cherry MX Board 3.0 (US ANSI, red)
Spoiler:
cherry_mx_board_photo_1
cherry_mx_board_photo_1
photo_1.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 6495 times
IBM Model F 3178
Chinese solenoid and xwhatsit installed.
Spoiler:
ibm_modelf_3178_photo_1
ibm_modelf_3178_photo_1
photo_1.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 6495 times
Matias Tactile Pro 4 (PC, clicky).
Spoiler:
matias_tactile_pro_4_pc_clicky
matias_tactile_pro_4_pc_clicky
photo_1.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 6495 times
Mitac KB-5182 (Cherry MX blue switches, ISO)
All keys register but the pause key doesn't click any more. Also, delicious yellowing.
Spoiler:
mitac_kb-5182
mitac_kb-5182
Mitac_photo_1.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 6495 times
Roccat Ryos MK Glow (Cherry MX black switches)
Spoiler:
roccat_ryos_mk_glow
roccat_ryos_mk_glow
photo_1.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 6495 times
Silicon Graphics SGI Granite (US ANSI, white Alps)
Wobbly space bar because I couldn't get the space bar's stabilizer into its sockets (because I'm an idiot and such).
Spoiler:
silicon_graphic_sgi_granite
silicon_graphic_sgi_granite
photo_1.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 6495 times
I wish to sell these for I hardly touch them and I got more than enough keyboards (with more in the mail).

snoopy

18 Mar 2018, 13:33

Iggy wrote: IBM Model F 3178
Chinese solenoid and xwhatsit installed.
Spoiler:
photo_1.jpg
I'm just curious... chinese solenoid?

Iggy

18 Mar 2018, 16:15

snoopy wrote: I'm just curious... chinese solenoid?
Well, that's the term the seller used where I bought it from. I didn't use the keyboard much, only to discover I have too much stuff and some of it needs to go (sorry hypkx). Here's the solenoid;
Spoiler:
photo_4.jpg
photo_4.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 6413 times

JP!

18 Mar 2018, 22:47

I found something interesting...too bad I could not persuade the owner to sell me the keyboard. This IBM keyboard pictured is from an IBM RT6150 and is a Proto-Topre made for IBM :o
photos-f62/ibm-rt-e57888-t4101.html

Any idea what something like this would go for?
topre.jpg
topre.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 6369 times

Return to “Marketplace Help”