Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

J888www

10 May 2018, 02:19

Greetings,

How much would two IBM Model M Space Saving keyboard, new in original box purchased over a decade ago from an ebay seller Computerw2k then put into storage, be worth today.
It comes complete with some broken plastic rivets inside (I heard it rattling prior to storage) but that's the nature of these products and I'll even throw in the nuts and bolts for the modification or repair, the drill bit and tapping drill bit will need to be sourced by the purchaser as I'm keeping them.

Myoth

10 May 2018, 02:23

IIRC there are some on eBay for 500usd and used ones sell for around 225usd, so I'd say in between, there isn't a lot of NIB SSKs on the market and even less that sold so it's hard to really say a price very precisely ...

Brett MacK

10 May 2018, 02:23

I would say between 400-500 each. Used ones go for 200-250.

webwit
Wild Duck

10 May 2018, 02:44

J888www wrote: Greetings,

How much would two IBM Model M Space Saving keyboard, new in original box purchased over a decade ago from an ebay seller Computerw2k then put into storage, be worth today.
It comes complete with some broken plastic rivets inside (I heard it rattling prior to storage) but that's the nature of these products and I'll even throw in the nuts and bolts for the modification or repair, the drill bit and tapping drill bit will need to be sourced by the purchaser as I'm keeping them.
Ha, old timer! I have one of those too.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 May 2018, 08:45

J888www wrote: […] IBM […] new in original box purchased over a decade ago […] then put into storage […]
complete with some broken plastic rivets inside […] but that's the nature of these products […]
ImageImageImage

mog_genius88

11 May 2018, 08:17

I have an Alps numpad - brand name: Noteworthy. Anyone know how much that is worth? I've never seen this before and can't find any information about it.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

11 May 2018, 09:58

Any photos? That would help tremendously.

mog_genius88

11 May 2018, 10:14

Blaise170 wrote: Any photos? That would help tremendously.
woops

Here you are!

https://i.imgur.com/6cICOXU.jpg

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

11 May 2018, 11:46

Looks like a rebranded Alps keypad. I'd estimate probably $20-30 on it depending on who's buying it. Ironically, I don't think it's very noteworthy. :lol:

mog_genius88

11 May 2018, 16:06

Blaise170 wrote: Looks like a rebranded Alps keypad. I'd estimate probably $20-30 on it depending on who's buying it. Ironically, I don't think it's very noteworthy. :lol:
Lol yea that's about how much I thought it would value. Thank you for your time!

J888www

12 May 2018, 04:16

webwit wrote: Ha, old timer! I have one of those too.
I always remember you having two Industrial Model M SS kbds, IIRC you sold one of them.

Ah yes, I'm still alive but maybe not so much of the kicking nowadays.
Hope you are keeping well.

Iggy

12 May 2018, 15:37

I'm thinking of selling my Topre RealForce Hi-Pro, US ANSI lay-out. I bought it new from here. It comes with the original box, both items are undamaged. The keyboard has seen little use, is perfectly clean and works perfectly. Does anyone dare to put a price on it?

I also ponder on selling my Cherry MX Board 6.0 (Cherry MX red switches, US ANSI lay-out). Original box is also present, both items are undamaged and are hard to distinguish from brand new. Could I please get a price quota on that one, too?

Myoth

12 May 2018, 15:44

Iggy wrote: I'm thinking of selling my Topre RealForce Hi-Pro, US ANSI lay-out. It comes with the original box, both items are undamaged. The keyboard has seen little use, is perfectly clean and works perfectly. Does anyone dare to put a price on it?
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... ream_alps/
NIB 210usd shipped

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... ilo_va68m/
used 215usd (pending but someone seems to be willing to put thyis amount anyway)

so I'd say around those prices ?

Iggy

12 May 2018, 16:02

Myoth wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... ream_alps/
NIB 210usd shipped

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... ilo_va68m/
used 215usd (pending but someone seems to be willing to put thyis amount anyway)

so I'd say around those prices ?
Ah, thanks for the quotas. I guess I'll be keeping it. The MX Board 6.0 isn't doing better, too.

Gouty

17 May 2018, 11:31

How much do you think for these:

Cherry G80-1192 HAG - In good condition with a working clicker/solenoid

WYSE PCE - ISO UK fully restored, with an internal soarers converter and retrobrited (though some caps have regained a bit of their trademark inconsistent yellowing)

IBM model M 1391401 - 1990-09-28, grey label, ANSI but made in UK, in excellent condition, and still has ALL the rivets in the plate.

Leeku MX1800, lubed vintage black with sip sockets and sprit springs, steel plate, ISO layout, G81-1800 case

davkol

20 May 2018, 00:03

A bit broad question, but is there any interest (and at what price) in keyboards like Podworld 292 or KPT-102?

Those KPT/clone switches (or other clone switches in similar keyboards) are clicky and I generally don't find anything wrong with them: they have a sharp click and bump, don't bind badly, aren't notably scratchy,… just not my cup of tea (I don't really like genuine Alps SKCM either), but the keyboard cases that I find are usually hollow and/or damaged… and overall not that nice (I'm being generous, they're mediocre compared to the well-regarded keyboards).

Worst case scenario, I'll harvest the keycaps (some are doubleshot) and throw out the rest for recycling.

Similar question about keyboards like NTC KB-6251 with Alps SKCM White: harvest the switches, or keep it as a complete keyboard?

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

20 May 2018, 01:55

alps clones in general are really not worth much, I would say the value in those boards are the caps. SKCM whites on the other hand, depending on condition, should be worth around 50 cents per switch.

Elrick

20 May 2018, 04:06

davkol wrote: Those KPT/clone switches (or other clone switches in similar keyboards) are clicky and I generally don't find anything wrong with them: they have a sharp click and bump, don't bind badly, aren't notably scratchy,… just not my cup of tea (I don't really like genuine Alps SKCM either), but the keyboard cases that I find are usually hollow and/or damaged… and overall not that nice (I'm being generous, they're mediocre compared to the well-regarded keyboards).
The essence of "Clone like" switches designed and made to attract a lower price point hence you get everything within that regard.

Still in my humble opinion, the genuine White Alps SKCM's (pristine condition) are pure heaven in the world of Alps switches (couldn't care less about Blue, Brown or Salmon colours).

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

20 May 2018, 04:15

Elrick wrote:
davkol wrote: Those KPT/clone switches (or other clone switches in similar keyboards) are clicky and I generally don't find anything wrong with them: they have a sharp click and bump, don't bind badly, aren't notably scratchy,… just not my cup of tea (I don't really like genuine Alps SKCM either), but the keyboard cases that I find are usually hollow and/or damaged… and overall not that nice (I'm being generous, they're mediocre compared to the well-regarded keyboards).
The essence of "Clone like" switches designed and made to attract a lower price point hence you get everything within that regard.

Still in my humble opinion, the genuine White Alps SKCM's (pristine condition) are pure heaven in the world of Alps switches (couldn't care less about Blue, Brown or Salmon colours).
wow someone in the wild that prefers white to blue

didn't know anyone like this existed outside of fairy tales :lol:

Elrick

20 May 2018, 05:02

mike52787 wrote: wow someone in the wild that prefers white to blue

didn't know anyone like this existed outside of fairy tales :lol:
Yes, laugh at the old man if you must but I do indeed get the keyboards that most think are sub-par and below their own standards, when it comes to worshiping (waste of time) Blue Alps gear.

The complicated White Alps is worth owning and using and can even be customized to easily match "yuck" a blue alps switch easily.

You lot here treat certain Alps switches with wrongful disdain, hence I am here to pick them up ;) .

davkol

20 May 2018, 11:01

mike52787 wrote: alps clones in general are really not worth much, I would say the value in those boards are the caps.
That depends where you draw a line between a clone and a different kind of switch, but anyway: there are montereys, aruz etc. From MX-mount switches, Aristotles or even futabas and mitsumis have been quite hyped at some point.

I get that it's kind of tough when there are bazillion alps.tw Type XYZ switches and they're more or less the same—at least to me, but other people may see it differently… that's why I'm asking here.

There are folks (where's the green squid "don't trash it!!!1!" guy btw?) who'd recover a cheaper keyboard with simplified switches too, and so that's one possible market that I know next to nothing about.

The genuine Alps figure is a good starting point, though, as it makes me think harvesting might be worth it to avoid shipping larger packages.

snufflecat

20 May 2018, 17:41

I need some help with a price estimate. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should offer for this complete IBM XT with manuals? Seems to be in pretty decent shape as far as I can tell.
Spoiler:
20180520_134346.jpg
20180520_134346.jpg (5.64 MiB) Viewed 8823 times

Dingster

20 May 2018, 18:14

snufflecat wrote: I need some help with a price estimate. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should offer for this complete IBM XT with manuals? Seems to be in pretty decent shape as far as I can tell.
Spoiler:
20180520_134346.jpg
Try around 300-350EUR :)

snufflecat

20 May 2018, 19:11

Dingster wrote:
snufflecat wrote: I need some help with a price estimate. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should offer for this complete IBM XT with manuals? Seems to be in pretty decent shape as far as I can tell.
Spoiler:
20180520_134346.jpg
Ack, thanks! And I who only really want the keyboard.. :p Too many sellers don't want to sell just the board (which I of course undertand, but..), and here's me trying to grow my collection..

Dingster

20 May 2018, 19:19

snufflecat wrote:
Dingster wrote:
Spoiler:
20180520_134346.jpg
Ack, thanks! And I who only really want the keyboard.. :p Too many sellers don't want to sell just the board (which I of course undertand, but..), and here's me trying to grow my collection..
Good luck man :)
Im trying to get my hands on a XT as well (maybe even a bigfoot if its similar!)

snufflecat

21 May 2018, 08:19

Dingster wrote: Good luck man :)
Im trying to get my hands on a XT as well (maybe even a bigfoot if its similar!)
Thanks, the same to you! Turns out he only wanted to sell the complete machine, so I guess I just have to keep looking. :roll:

Half-Saint

28 May 2018, 07:05

How much is a complete SkiData board worth nowadays? What about the keycaps?

Morron

29 May 2018, 18:33

So I just picked up this old LK-450-AM. Anyone got an idea of how much it is worth? It's just a rubber dome but I'm curious. :D

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/kcfgUM9

Thanks in advance!

Myoth

29 May 2018, 18:36

Morron wrote: So I just picked up this old LK-450-AM. Anyone got an idea of how much it is worth? It's just a rubber dome but I'm curious. :D

Thanks in advance!
5 euro ?

Morron

29 May 2018, 18:40

Myoth wrote:
Morron wrote: So I just picked up this old LK-450-AM. Anyone got an idea of how much it is worth? It's just a rubber dome but I'm curious. :D

Thanks in advance!
5 euro ?
Just as I expected, but I'm still making a 3€ profit! ;) Not that I'm going to sell it since it's my only board that has a retro aesthetic...

Thanks for the fast answer btw!

Return to “Marketplace Help”