Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

hammelgammler
Vintage

07 Jun 2018, 11:13

Does anyone know what a fair price for a Beamspring 5251 and Beamspring Displaywriter (with rare wrist rest) is? I might want to sell both, although I'm not quite sure.

TheMilkmen

09 Jun 2018, 17:14

hey does anyone know the price of a cream alps NeXT non adb keyboard might be? I just bought 2 of them and would love to know the price per switch and for a working board. Thanks!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 Jun 2018, 17:47

Not sure about current prices, but I bought my NIB one back in 2015 for $50.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

09 Jun 2018, 17:50

TheMilkmen wrote: hey does anyone know the price of a cream alps NeXT non adb keyboard might be? I just bought 2 of them and would love to know the price per switch and for a working board. Thanks!
I would place the per switch right around $1.5 each. full board? maybe $150 or so. despite being imo the best alps tactile, they havent reached the hype levels of SKCM brown.

mog_genius88

10 Jun 2018, 01:21

mike52787 wrote:
TheMilkmen wrote: hey does anyone know the price of a cream alps NeXT non adb keyboard might be? I just bought 2 of them and would love to know the price per switch and for a working board. Thanks!
I would place the per switch right around $1.5 each. full board? maybe $150 or so. despite being imo the best alps tactile, they havent reached the hype levels of SKCM brown.
How does the tactility compare to Orange? I've had people tell me that they are not as tactile as Oranges, and others say that the tactility is similar to skcm Blue without the click sound. Are either of these accurate?

Brett MacK

10 Jun 2018, 01:34

hammelgammler wrote: Does anyone know what a fair price for a Beamspring 5251 and Beamspring Displaywriter (with rare wrist rest) is? I might want to sell both, although I'm not quite sure.
A fair price would be 700-800. If selling on ebay I would say 1250 for the 5251, and 1100 for the displaywriter.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

10 Jun 2018, 01:36

mog_genius88 wrote:
mike52787 wrote:
How does the tactility compare to Orange? I've had people tell me that they are not as tactile as Oranges, and others say that the tactility is similar to skcm Blue without the click sound. Are either of these accurate?
if anything I thought they were more tactile than oranges, and the weighting is a touch heavier. I called it a step between orange and brown.

mog_genius88

10 Jun 2018, 02:11

mike52787 wrote: if anything I thought they were more tactile than oranges, and the weighting is a touch heavier. I called it a step between orange and brown.
Oof. Just by the sounds of it I would probably like those more than Oranges but not as much as Browns. I want to buy :'(

Edit: wrong quote

takospite

13 Jun 2018, 17:30

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Jun 2018, 17:32

If the shipping is less than $10 than sure, but at least for shipping to the US, it kills the price.

Myoth

13 Jun 2018, 17:33

yes (they seem to be pale blue so for the time being, 11usd, it's quite a nice price for a bunch of them)

no (they're probably Hammer over membrane, so they're not really sought after or even good, so I'd say no)

takospite

13 Jun 2018, 18:55

ty

Keybug

20 Jun 2018, 14:29

WTF is going on with the price in this auction?! Is it so high because it's German layout? I though F-XTs went for around 90€...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/IBM-Tastatur-vi ... Sw-W9bJVG8

nastrovje

21 Jun 2018, 14:40

Got a Cherry Ergoplus G80-5000 with rare norwegian caps. Not NIB but the case is in perfect condition, the caps have a bit of shine or are simply not cleaned. How much is this worth? I bought it in a bundle so don't know exactly.

Also have a NCR G81-3077 case and a fitting unsoldered Leeku PCB for it. It doesn't come with any caps.

Myoth

21 Jun 2018, 16:05

nastrovje wrote: Got a Cherry Ergoplus G80-5000 with rare norwegian caps. Not NIB but the case is in perfect condition, the caps have a bit of shine or are simply not cleaned. How much is this worth? I bought it in a bundle so don't know exactly.

Also have a NCR G81-3077 case and a fitting unsoldered Leeku PCB for it. It doesn't come with any caps.
-500usd

-maybe 140usd ?

nastrovje

21 Jun 2018, 22:17

Myoth wrote:
nastrovje wrote: Got a Cherry Ergoplus G80-5000 with rare norwegian caps. Not NIB but the case is in perfect condition, the caps have a bit of shine or are simply not cleaned. How much is this worth? I bought it in a bundle so don't know exactly.

-500usd

-maybe 140usd ?
Thank you!

Will sell the Ergoplus here on DT in the coming days then.

Half-Saint

22 Jun 2018, 06:41

FYI, I've been trying to sell my own NIB G80-5000 HAMPO for 400€ and so far no takers.

otho7

27 Jun 2018, 19:12

Found this at work, it was about to be thrown away, NEC oval cream switches in a japanese/english layout, some weird proprietary connector and I think doubleshots. Here's the album anyway: https://imgur.com/a/nhON1Cg

Would love some more info on it too

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Jun 2018, 19:26

otho7 wrote: Found this at work, it was about to be thrown away, NEC oval cream switches in a japanese/english layout, some weird proprietary connector and I think doubleshots. Here's the album anyway: https://imgur.com/a/nhON1Cg

I have a NOS version of that board. It is pretty common (in Japan), used on the NEC PC98 variety of computers, especially the POS PC-9801 series. Hasu has a converter if you are interested.

otho7

27 Jun 2018, 19:32

Blaise170 wrote:
otho7 wrote: Found this at work, it was about to be thrown away, NEC oval cream switches in a japanese/english layout, some weird proprietary connector and I think doubleshots. Here's the album anyway: https://imgur.com/a/nhON1Cg

I have a NOS version of that board. It is pretty common (in Japan), used on the NEC PC98 variety of computers, especially the POS PC-9801 series. Hasu has a converter if you are interested.

That's pretty cool, I'll look into the converters! Any idea how much it's worth?

Thanks for your reply!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

27 Jun 2018, 21:44

A used version would probably fetch about $30 to a collector, maybe $40 on eBay. These are more interesting to vintage computer collectors who are looking for a board that is compatible with their system than it is to your average keyboard collector. I've sold probably 15-20 PC98 keyboards on eBay (about 5 different models) and the most I ever got was $80 for a Black Oval version (I only know of one other in existence which I also own).

zuskanei

28 Jun 2018, 13:25

How much is a desoldered G80-2551HAD worth? It's in great condition, just has a little dent on the backside of the case (guess it's from the previous owner). Pics https://postimg.cc/gallery/3cgv8b7ea/

Cheers!

Noobmaen

28 Jun 2018, 13:44

zuskanei wrote: How much is a desoldered G80-2551HAD worth? It's in great condition, just has a little dent on the backside of the case (guess it's from the previous owner). Pics https://postimg.cc/gallery/3cgv8b7ea/

Cheers!
Around 30€ I'd say, no NKRO and flimsy construction make this the least desirable part of the keyboard

kekstee

28 Jun 2018, 14:25

Desoldering a decent board with H-code for keys is pretty stupid.

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 22:51

Found a local IBM 3278 with a cut cable, is it worth 80-100€? Appears to be pretty spotless, has the manual as well.

Bass

28 Jun 2018, 23:02

If it's just the cable, that's a steal at today's prices. I'd go back and nab it before someone else does.

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 23:04

Bass wrote: If it's just the cable, that's a steal at today's prices. I'd go back and nab it before someone else does.
Alright ill try, got a call from the seller, the guy seemed high :lol:
Ill see what I can do. Think id be able to trade it for a F122? :lol:

Bass

28 Jun 2018, 23:09

F122 prices have also recently inflated, but I'd say a 3278 is worth at least 2-3x as much.

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 23:12

Bass wrote: F122 prices have also recently inflated, but I'd say a 3278 is worth at least 2-3x as much.
:shock: Thanks man, if i end up getting it ill probably try and trade it for an F122 with no extra payment.
Hopefully it goes well.

Bass

28 Jun 2018, 23:36

No problem. If I were you I'd at least give the 3278 a try before deciding to trade it. An F122 is probably more practical as a daily driver for most people but I'd say the 3278 ranks higher than most other beamspring models in this regard, especially if it's the fullsize variant. If you do trade it, I'm sure you'll have many takers within minutes.

Return to “Marketplace Help”