Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

keyboardlover

25 Feb 2011, 14:32

How much is the case of my Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 worth?
What's left is everything but the switch tops so you get the case, pcb and mounted switch bottoms. All but one of the switches have diodes.

Only Issue: On the top row, the switch to the farthest right (the one without the diode) was yanked out accidentally by me and would need to be re-soldered. I basically just "pushed" it back into the PCB.

I figure this has to be worth something to modders, especially with all those switch bottoms with built-in diodes...
IMAG0003.jpg
IMAG0003.jpg (249.68 KiB) Viewed 7634 times
IMAG0004.jpg
IMAG0004.jpg (227.44 KiB) Viewed 7634 times

keyboardlover

25 Feb 2011, 21:25

Anybody?

Bueller?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

25 Feb 2011, 21:26

Hard to set a price, I don't think many people would be interested in picking this up. You should make a tenkeyless mod from it :D

keyboardlover

25 Feb 2011, 22:17

I thought of that...any advice on how to do that?

Edit: I have 2 full 104 key sets of Cherry Corp. Lasered double shots from my G80-3494's. Brand new, unused. What would you say they're worth?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

27 Feb 2011, 06:43

Depends. They go for around $20 bucks or so on TaoBao I think. Black POM ones.

keyboardlover

27 Feb 2011, 13:09

Thanks...I put them up on GH for $15 each + sh and I got a lot of interest already (and one sold). Seem to be well-priced =)

RiGS

27 Feb 2011, 21:16

Those cherry stabilizers have notably longer stems than my rattly SS stabilizers.
I want to get my hands on those.

keyboardlover

27 Feb 2011, 21:46

RiGS wrote:Those cherry stabilizers have notably longer stems than my rattly SS stabilizers.
I want to get my hands on those.
If you're interested to buy my board, PM me. It's up for sale here:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=15691

RiGS

27 Feb 2011, 22:09

Thanks, but I'm not interested in the full board just the stabilizers. Also I am not located in the US.

Victheslik

05 Mar 2011, 02:08

I am contemplating the sale of my barely used Realforce 87UB 55G with all the extra keycaps including (1 red esc, 3 purple wasd, and the switching of caps lock and shift.

Corland

06 Mar 2011, 17:58

Is there really interest in Focus FK 2001 boards with the complicated white alps? I picked up one at a local center with it's original box and dust cover (it's a UK model but I am in the US) it's got a touch of age showing on it, but it's all in working order. GeekHack lists them as 50-100 on eBay, is that actually still reasonable, of has interest in these older alps boards waned?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

06 Mar 2011, 18:18

Victheslik wrote:I am contemplating the sale of my barely used Realforce 87UB 55G with all the extra keycaps including (1 red esc, 3 purple wasd, and the switching of caps lock and shift.
I sold mine in december. I think I got 240 Euros or something.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

06 Mar 2011, 18:19

Corland wrote:Is there really interest in Focus FK 2001 boards with the complicated white alps? I picked up one at a local center with it's original box and dust cover (it's a UK model but I am in the US) it's got a touch of age showing on it, but it's all in working order. GeekHack lists them as 50-100 on eBay, is that actually still reasonable, of has interest in these older alps boards waned?
I would say $50+ is a solid price, though they sometimes go for much less. If you take good pictures and promote the link enough, you will probably always receive $35+ at any given time on eBay.

Moneyless

06 Mar 2011, 22:49

How much would an almost mint TG3 KBA-BL82 be worth? It was sort of an impulse buy from 5k177, but turns out I don't like Cherry Blacks anyway. The only thing I've done to it (apart for using it for all of two minutes) was taking out the sort of plastic wrap looking membrane to see if it would improve key feel.

Sorry about the bad phone pics. :oops:

sixty
Gasbag Guru

06 Mar 2011, 23:09

Will be hard to sell atm probably. There was a huge eBay sale (50+) for $17 each a few weeks ago. Sure they were used, but probably saturated the market for now. Other than that I guess something around $80ish+

Moneyless

06 Mar 2011, 23:19

sixty wrote:Will be hard to sell atm probably. There was a huge eBay sale (50+) for $17 each a few weeks ago. Sure they were used, but probably saturated the market for now. Other than that I guess something around $80ish+
Ouch. Alright, guess it would be better to just hang on to it for a while then?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

06 Mar 2011, 23:40

Moneyless wrote:
sixty wrote:Will be hard to sell atm probably. There was a huge eBay sale (50+) for $17 each a few weeks ago. Sure they were used, but probably saturated the market for now. Other than that I guess something around $80ish+
Ouch. Alright, guess it would be better to just hang on to it for a while then?
You could always list it here and on geekhack and just see if anyone is interested. Some people cringe at even the thought of used gear - so NIB or like NIB might be appreciated by some!

Victheslik

07 Mar 2011, 08:41

Thanks alot sixty I'll think about putting up for sale via auction the two forums or put a set price / buy it now price up to a certain date. Thanks again for replying to the message please do message when you are able to source one :).

YetAnotherDeveloper

08 Mar 2011, 06:00

I dont think i want to sell it but i was curious as to what it might be worth if anything:

IBM 3278

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Mar 2011, 13:09

Beam spring ftw! At least $100, maybe you'd get double of that in an auction.

ripster

08 Mar 2011, 19:09

Geekhack disagrees with Sixty's appraisal here.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=16021

Geekhackers sure can be obnoxious and rude.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Mar 2011, 19:20

I think my price was including shipping costs. I got 190 for the keyboard alone or something like that. It was used for about 6 months. I really can't remember, at like 50 keyboards each month its a bit hard to keep track.

Peter

08 Mar 2011, 20:15

webwit wrote:Beam spring ftw! At least $100, maybe you'd get double of that in an auction.
Yes, and that's pr individual beam-spring assembly !
And since a set of USED 1-gram dye-sublimation Cherry-caps cost 200 US Credits on eBay,
these 5 gram MEGA-quality caps must be worth at least 200 dollars each !!
(I have a IBM-keyboard with the same switches and caps..)
Even the BLANK cap (due to it being US-layout modified to German) is 'doubleshot' ..

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Mar 2011, 20:17

Peter wrote:
webwit wrote:Beam spring ftw! At least $100, maybe you'd get double of that in an auction.
Yes, and that's pr individual beam-spring assembly !
And since a set of USED 1-gram dye-sublimation Cherry-caps cost 200 US Credits on eBay,
these 5 gram MEGA-quality caps must be worth at least 200 dollars each !!
(I have a IBM-keyboard with the same switches and caps..)
Even the BLANK cap (due to it being US-layout modified to German) is 'doubleshot' ..
So it was YOU who outbid me on THAT one. :D

Peter

08 Mar 2011, 20:25

I can't tell you in words how much I wish this thing worked on modern PC's ...

To YetAnotherDeveloper
Don't sell it man, it's a classic in the history of keyboards !

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Mar 2011, 20:38

Aikon it!

Peter

08 Mar 2011, 20:40

sixty wrote:Aikon it!
??

YetAnotherDeveloper

08 Mar 2011, 20:44

Peter wrote: I can't tell you in words how much I wish this thing worked on modern PC's ...

To YetAnotherDeveloper
Don't sell it man, it's a classic in the history of keyboards !

i guess its not a good time to mention that i have access to about 8 more of these. I currently only own the one but if i want the others i know where to pick em up. :D A buddy of mine found a big box full of them at his job and they are just sitting in his garage.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 Mar 2011, 20:45

Peter wrote:
sixty wrote:Aikon it!
??
http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15

Basically a custom controller to very easily convert any vintage keyboard to USB. I am not sure how well it will work with this, but it should be fine.

Peter

08 Mar 2011, 20:49

OK ..
What's the difference between this and a Teensy ?

Return to “Marketplace Help”