Anyone getting powder coating done in the United States?

codemonkeymike

31 May 2017, 16:00

The paint is flaking off my 'ol beamer and it is in dire need of some tender love and powder coating. I was wondering if anyone is planning on powder coating some time this year, with a company which can get close to the texturing done on the IBM keyboards original powder coating.

wobbled

31 May 2017, 16:19

Honestly just see what services are in your area and choose the one with the best reviews. I had a guy that usually deals with powder-coating radiators fix up my Model F 107 and he did a wonderful job he even asked me if I wanted to keep the 'bubbly' effect from the original paint. Just make sure you tell them exactly what you want and give them an example of the colour you want. Remember if it goes wrong you can always have it stripped and re-done.

codemonkeymike

31 May 2017, 16:29

True, so were should I look. A shop that specializes in painting cars?

wobbled

31 May 2017, 16:34

codemonkeymike wrote: True, so were should I look. A shop that specializes in painting cars?
Nah mate literally just google search 'powdercoating near me' and have location services enabled. Get some company names and find reviews for them. That's what I did.

JP!

31 May 2017, 18:26

I looked at powder coating shops in my area and all of them were at least 2 hours away. I figure if I have to ship my parts out anyways it doesn't necessarily matter to me what state they ship to, as long as I know the shop does good work. I would like to see any recommendations as well, whether the recommendation be a user here or a shop in your area which as done work for you.

Return to “Marketplace Help”