a need an answer. please

carmihrs

27 Jun 2017, 12:17

I recently took over the duties of a colleague from the technical department and I will deal with the maintenance and management as well as with the acquisition of the technical equipment for the logistics department. Unfortunately, I'm a non-technical person and I do not have advanced technical knowledge. So I would like to know what the differences or technical specifications between a barcodes reader and a scanner

Chyros

27 Jun 2017, 14:12

Ask Orihalcon, he'll probably know.

scottc

27 Jun 2017, 14:15

This looks a bit like spam..?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Jun 2017, 14:44

gogusrl

27 Jun 2017, 15:09

The guy seems to be Romanian looking at the location and those links.

From my very limited knowledge of barcode thingies, the reader connects as a keyboard to your computer and just dumps the code as you would type it, the scanner is a standalone device that processes those codes. Think digital cameras (scanner) vs a polaroid (reader).

Anyway, instead of posting the same question everywhere (and picking the Marketplace of all subforums for it) you should learn how to google shit (which is what I did for the above information).

Laser
emacs -nw

27 Jun 2017, 15:51

Maybe he just needs people hitting itdepot dot ro :)

carmihrs

27 Jun 2017, 16:26

If I need help and I'm addressing some forums it's such a big mistake and everyone is amazed terribly :lol: :lol: :lol:

carmihrs

27 Jun 2017, 16:31

scottc wrote: This looks a bit like spam..?

I notice that many people are sensitized by my posting. I do not understand why he started a furious polemic. Maybe it's It's time to get mature and consider the message one as such, one for requesting information. Anyway, I think I have justified too much

TuxKey
LLAP

27 Jun 2017, 17:41

seems a bit off topic. but he what ever not my field of expertise.
Good luck.

gogusrl

27 Jun 2017, 18:34

carmihrs wrote:
scottc wrote: This looks a bit like spam..?

I notice that many people are sensitized by my posting. I do not understand why he started a furious polemic. Maybe it's It's time to get mature and consider the message one as such, one for requesting information. Anyway, I think I have justified too much

Well, of course they are when it seems you refuse to do your due diligence from the topic of the conversation (Marketplace not something like offtopic), to the location (deskthority, a forum about keyboards not barcode scanners), to the tone of your question and specially your last reply.

TLDR : I'm actually sorry I spent those 5 mins to try help you out.

Can someone close this thread since it's obviously offtopic and this guy has no interest in contributing anything to the community ?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

27 Jun 2017, 18:42

Hmm...this is pretty unproductive even by my book. :( Should I post a meme? :P Probably not. :roll:

Harshmallow

28 Jun 2017, 18:55

Judging by his creation of accounts on various unrelated technical/hobbyist forums, I can only assume it's a mix of spam and someone just trying to plug their website at any chance they get. Every link provided points to the same website and his signature on LET also has a link to that site. If you really didn't understand the items that your affiliated site sold, I doubt you would have been given this 'super technical' position of responsibility for such items.

TuxKey
LLAP

28 Jun 2017, 22:46

Good research @Harshnallow that's the end of this guy by by. Easy solution is ignoring him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TuxKey
LLAP

28 Jun 2017, 22:47

Perhaps ban him because it's seems like spam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Marketplace Help”