Price check AMKEY 119952

PlacaFromHell

28 Oct 2017, 19:15

How much I would pay for this guy? The seller wants 23 U$D + shipping
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Do someone ever seen something like that?
Spoiler:

Myoth

28 Oct 2017, 19:17

that's not worth it IMO

PlacaFromHell

28 Oct 2017, 19:57

Myoth wrote: that's not worth it IMO
Can you justify it?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

28 Oct 2017, 20:11

PlacaFromHell wrote: How much I would pay for this guy? The seller wants 23 U$D + shipping

What something is worth is quite relative.I'd try to talk the seller down a bit, offer $17 or $15 and see what he says.
Last edited by seebart on 29 Oct 2017, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

PlacaFromHell

28 Oct 2017, 20:22

seebart wrote:
PlacaFromHell wrote: How much I would pay for this guy? The seller wants 23 U$D + shipping

What something is worth is quite relative, no I've never seen that keyboard or that switch. That alone would make it worth to me but I'd try to talk the seller down a bit, offer $17 or $15 and see what he says.
Maybe I can get a free shipping, but he is not moving of 23 U$D

seebart

28 Oct 2017, 20:40

PlacaFromHell wrote:
seebart wrote:

What something is worth is quite relative, no I've never seen that keyboard or that switch. That alone would make it worth to me but I'd try to talk the seller down a bit, offer $17 or $15 and see what he says.
Maybe I can get a free shipping, but he is not moving of 23 U$D
You have to decide for yourself, I'd say it looks interesting but who cares because I'm not the one buying it. I've been in your situation many times and bought many keyboards... ;) Ususally I enjoyed them sometimes I regretted it.

wiki/User:Seebart

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

29 Oct 2017, 02:54

seebart wrote:

That switch looks to be keytronic foam and foil with a metal piece on top. possibly a blocker?

PlacaFromHell

29 Oct 2017, 06:08

mike52787 wrote:
seebart wrote:

That switch looks to be keytronic foam and foil with a metal piece on top. possibly a blocker?
That would explain the external spring. I think it was foam and foil, but for some reason I just ignored the keytronic mount. Would be useful for investigation buy it? Maybe it can be a variant

seebart

29 Oct 2017, 08:22

mike52787 wrote:
seebart wrote:

Possibly, got any more info's on that?
...looks to be...
is nothing. Links...

Regandless it would still be worth $23 to me personally but like I said PlacaFromHell needs to decide for himself.
mike52787 wrote: Would be useful for investigation buy it? Maybe it can be a variant
Don't buy it if you don't want it.

juryduty

29 Oct 2017, 13:29

I have an Amkey board with these switches. It's an XT-layout board with no identifiable model number. Definitely foam and foil. Very smooth keyfeel though, and the case is all metal. I purged all the switches out of mine and am reusing the very solid case, plate and backplate to make another board with cherry MX (which the plate holes fit). Or another way of saying this is, I'm trying to come up with something cool to do with it so I don't feel bad about wasting the money. :)
Attachments
2017-10-13 17.59.07.jpg
2017-10-13 17.59.07.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 18418 times

Daniel Beardsmore

29 Oct 2017, 14:06

Hm, I don't know what that switch is. The metal part will be to retain the spring. It doesn't like BTC or Key Tronic, but the keycaps are standard BTC/Key Tronic (both companies used the same typeface at one stage). In fact, that keycap has diagonal bracing similar to [wiki]UKF DS03[/wiki], which is not present in the Key Tronic keycaps shown under [wiki]Key Tronic foam and foil[/wiki].

I can't see where the slider module is supported by the mounting plate — it's like that M8 keyboard found where a plate was placed over PCB mount switches.

Chances are you won't be able to type on it (the foam is probably too rotten) but you might find it's worth obtaining for the purposes of documentation.

seebart

29 Oct 2017, 14:41

juryduty wrote: I have an Amkey board with these switches. It's an XT-layout board with no identifiable model number. Definitely foam and foil. Very smooth keyfeel though, and the case is all metal. I purged all the switches out of mine and am reusing the very solid case, plate and backplate to make another board with cherry MX (which the plate holes fit). Or another way of saying this is, I'm trying to come up with something cool to do with it so I don't feel bad about wasting the money. :)
Interesting, thanks for posting! :)

PlacaFromHell

29 Oct 2017, 19:50

Okay guys, enough. I'll buy it but I'll wait a little more because my parents maybe go to Cordoba (were the seller lives). In summary, free shipping. He didn't sold it in a whole year, so.

seebart

29 Oct 2017, 19:57

PlacaFromHell wrote: Okay guys, enough. I'll buy it but I'll wait a little more because my parents maybe go to Cordoba (were the seller lives). In summary, free shipping. He didn't sold it in a whole year, so.
Good to hear, hope to see some pictures when you have it.

PlacaFromHell

29 Oct 2017, 21:14

seebart wrote:
PlacaFromHell wrote: Okay guys, enough. I'll buy it but I'll wait a little more because my parents maybe go to Cordoba (were the seller lives). In summary, free shipping. He didn't sold it in a whole year, so.
Good to hear, hope to see some pictures when you have it.
Sure I'll do it! Good luck!

Return to “Marketplace Help”