M0110 Bits for restoration

Gouty

31 Jul 2019, 14:46

Hi, I recently traded this M0110a for this M0110.

Unfortunately the M0110 has a few issues. One of the many previous owners has removed the lock switch locking mechanism (as per this post) and removed the 4P4C (RJ10?) port to make space for a teensy. Also one of the keys only works intermittently. TBH I haven't really investigated the dodgy switch, it might just need a clean, is there any way to disassemble the switch without removing it from the PCB and Plate?

It's also missing its original rubber feet, but I'm not holding out any hope for that (nor am I particularly bothered)

I was wondering if anyone has done these mods and so might have the spare parts lying around? Or someone might know where I can get them?

TL;DR I'm after

1 x SKCC Lock or locking lug
1x SKCC Switch
1x 4P4C Port

swampangel

02 Aug 2019, 21:47

Gouty wrote:
31 Jul 2019, 14:46
TL;DR I'm after

1 x SKCC Lock or locking lug
1x SKCC Switch
1x 4P4C Port
I don't think you can open these switches without desoldering them. You'll have a 4P4C connector to solder anyway; might as well get the switch out then too.

SKCC switch:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Alps-SKCC-Cream ... 4394922675

4P4C connectors are plentiful on aliexpress, this *looks* compatible but you'd want to double check the dimensions and pinout:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32867663920.html

I used rubber grommets from the hardware store for replacement feet on mine.

I'm pretty sure I have a locking lug I can send you (as long as I can find it in the parts box). PM me if you want it.

Gouty

31 Aug 2019, 16:39

Status update! I have a locking caps lock and working N key. Replacing the locking lug kindly provided by swampangel was a bit trial and error but got there eventually. The "N" key I just opened up, gave a clean and replaced and it seems to be working fine now (It was double pressing sometimes, but it seems to be ok now that I've worn it in a bit)

The 4P4C connectors I bought were too narrow, I'm having trouble finding one the correct width. Any help would be appreciated

Return to “Marketplace Help”