Deskthority Rabbit Hole kit (2018 Christmas Edition)

PollandAkuma

04 Jan 2017, 20:13

Cool! Time to scrap together all the bits of money I can find :P

z3ta

11 Jan 2017, 22:19

I'm sorry Wodan, but I'm afraid I have to step back. I recently got my hands on a beamspring, which might not make me qualified for this. Good luck to everyone!

alh84001
v.001

12 Jan 2017, 11:58

So that displaywriter from La Coruna finally found a home? :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Jan 2017, 12:12

z3ta wrote: I'm sorry Wodan, but I'm afraid I have to step back. I recently got my hands on a beamspring, which might not make me qualified for this. Good luck to everyone!
I don't see an issue with that. There's no Beamspring in the kit so there's still a lot for you to discover in there.
Poll's closing soon anyway, will just see how it turns out and then maybe contact you and you can decide then ;)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

12 Jan 2017, 14:40

Wodan wrote:
z3ta wrote: I'm sorry Wodan, but I'm afraid I have to step back. I recently got my hands on a beamspring, which might not make me qualified for this. Good luck to everyone!
I don't see an issue with that. There's no Beamspring in the kit so there's still a lot for you to discover in there.
Poll's closing soon anyway, will just see how it turns out and then maybe contact you and you can decide then ;)
Agreed, I saw your selling yours z3ta. GLWS.

PollandAkuma

20 Jan 2017, 00:07

woooooooooooooooooo egg is sending it over soon. I'm SO EXCITED ;~;

marijan

20 Jan 2017, 20:34

My rabbit kit just arrived. Such beautiful things, much nicer than the OP photo would have you believe. They could practically be used out of the box. Pictures and comments to follow...

@Wodan
Thank you again for such a nice gesture.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Jan 2017, 07:27

Thanks dudes and dudettes, all three kits haven been sent out. Third receipent is hansichen.

Hope to see some pics of what you made out of the kit content :)

Harshmallow

24 Jan 2017, 06:08

marijan wrote: My rabbit kit just arrived. Such beautiful things, much nicer than the OP photo would have you believe. They could practically be used out of the box. Pictures and comments to follow...

@Wodan
Thank you again for such a nice gesture.
That's cause I got those 3 OP boards ;) Nothing like a little elbow grease anyway - makes you love your keyboards more when you're finished cleaning em up! I will clean em up and maybe 'linearise' the Dell Bigfoot's black alps over the next little while - will get started once I'm home from the cottage this week.

Thanks again Wodan

hansichen

25 Jan 2017, 16:21

Mine arrived today. The model M is in a great condition and it has mostly in caps which is very good for me as a colemak typist :D Cable is missing so I will do a usb modification soon, have to get some tools first because this is build like a brick :D
The cherry one has awesome caps. Condition is good to after cleaning. Sadly there is a brick at one stabilizer hole, probably my fault, maybe not due to this really old wobbly PCBs. Another stabilizer was out of position too. I will do a din => usb conversion and look how much is working and then I am probably going to fix the damage lines.
The dell keyboard with black Alps has become very yellow with the time. Apart from that it is in good condition too. Alps mount is by far the worst mount for switching keycaps :D
I haven't dont big typing tests yet, more to follow :)

PollandAkuma

26 Jan 2017, 18:58

Thanks wodan for the keyboards! I'm in love with my 1800, which I am typing on now. I cleaned my tipro too, just need a wire for it now. As for the model m, YUCK... I haven't touched the others yet.

In other news, I got my package of blue alps today... Ü

PollandAkuma

13 Feb 2017, 10:49

ImageImageImage

Tipro layout is the worst, but I love it. Model M is too damn big for my desk... the others are.... DED

emdude
Model M Apologist

13 Feb 2017, 11:03

Thanks for posting your photos @PollundAkuma, that Dell has definitely seen a gory end though..

And that Model M is definitely begging to be used. ;)

PollandAkuma

15 Feb 2017, 00:45

emdude wrote: Thanks for posting your photos @PollundAkuma, that Dell has definitely seen a gory end though..

And that Model M is definitely begging to be used. ;)
:evilgeek:

tkim

18 Mar 2017, 22:25

This was an awesome idea Wodan.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

18 Mar 2017, 23:07

I'll try and do another round when I got some boards together again

Harshmallow

19 Mar 2017, 18:46

Wodan wrote: I'll try and do another round when I got some boards together again
Wodan, where was my Tipro in that mix!?! Lol jk, thanks again - I hope you continue doing this for others, it's a great idea! I'm still trying to find a recycling centre around here that will be easy to deal with. The chill dude at the one near my place doesn't care, but the bin for the electronics is apparently owned by a private company and they have cameras watching the area, so it's not an ideal setup to go fishing around for boards. He does let me do it though and pretends not to be looking lol.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 Mar 2017, 22:39

You gotta get a hold of this private company ... chances are they have these containers elsewhere too :)

And they speak $ ...

The Tipro was an extra purchase, no freebies here. I also speak $ but my mother tongue is €. Grew up speaking DM!

Harshmallow

23 Mar 2017, 04:12

Wodan wrote: You gotta get a hold of this private company ... chances are they have these containers elsewhere too :)

And they speak $ ...

The Tipro was an extra purchase, no freebies here. I also speak $ but my mother tongue is €. Grew up speaking DM!

Indeed - there are a bunch of e-cyclers in Toronto I've been meaning to 'drop a line' to and see what they say. I speak Boardwalk and Park Place.

cumwagondeluxe

23 Mar 2017, 06:24

Harshmallow wrote:
Wodan wrote: You gotta get a hold of this private company ... chances are they have these containers elsewhere too :)

And they speak $ ...

Indeed - there are a bunch of e-cyclers in Toronto I've been meaning to 'drop a line' to and see what they say. I speak Boardwalk and Park Place.
Damn, all the e-cyclers I've spoken to have either ignored me or refused around Toronto. I don't get why - there's no valuable data on the keyboard, they'll make more $$ off people like us paying $5-$10 per board than recycling the thing for like $1 of metal, and it's more environmentally friendly. Feelsbadman :<

Harshmallow

23 Mar 2017, 16:52

cumwagondeluxe wrote:
Harshmallow wrote:

And they speak $ ...

Damn, all the e-cyclers I've spoken to have either ignored me or refused around Toronto. I don't get why - there's no valuable data on the keyboard, they'll make more $$ off people like us paying $5-$10 per board than recycling the thing for like $1 of metal, and it's more environmentally friendly. Feelsbadman :<
Yeah I feel you. Just edited my post as I realized I said all this a few posts back. Memory aint what it used to be!

Menuhin

23 Mar 2017, 21:29

And they speak $ ...

Now I see the Tipro - and it has a super cool logo!!! :shock:

Wait... Is the logo real??? What are the switches inside??? :oops:

duynguyenle

25 Mar 2017, 01:29

Menuhin wrote:

And they speak $ ...

Now I see the Tipro - and it has a super cool logo!!! :shock:

Wait... Is the logo real??? What are the switches inside??? :oops:
Most likely metal stickers from taobao or something similar, I bought myself a whole bunch a while ago!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

25 Mar 2017, 09:59

There was a GB on reddit.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 May 2017, 08:21

Doing another round of these!
Please tell your keeb noob friends and send them here to post a short application.
Want to get these out quick so hush hush please.

kawasaki161

11 May 2017, 09:24

Wodan wrote: Doing another round of these!
Please tell your keeb noob friends and send them here to post a short application.
Want to get these out quick so hush hush please.
Do I count as a noob because I never had a Model M before :lol: ?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 May 2017, 11:11

If you just want a ModelM I can also hook you up ...

Wingklip

11 May 2017, 13:02

Would like one for uh.... Science purposes. And for an ansi keyset for mein IBM 5576.. but mostly for science

Cirman

13 May 2017, 21:59

Hey! Any more of these left (or anything really)? A friend sent me here.
My keyboard game's pretty basic with just an MX Clear CODE board and a Dell Alps that I use for work.
I'd be interested in adding to the collection. DM me?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

15 May 2017, 13:03

@wingklip: it's going to be ISO-DE boards mostly ;)

@Cirman: You're welcome to write a quick application. Just want to get a short idea of your keyboard background and your expectations for the rabbit hole kit

If you already have a MX Clear board and a Dell Alps board ... there's only just a nice ModelM in there for you as a novelty :(
Up to you if it's still worth the trouble ;)

Return to “For sale”