IBM Model M BT-USB controller conversion kits

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 Dec 2021, 10:11

The reason why I refrained from commenting inozenz's post detailing how he and his whole family caught COVID is that, even if like mind_prepared he decided against vaccination, he did not claim to be a victim.

Compare that to mind_prepared's propaganda rant:
mind_prepared wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 15:59
[…] I hope the evil empire will not prevail but historically German governments have had pretty poor human rights records, mildly put, so I will not get my hopes too far up.
where he equates today's Germany political system, which has now been in place for more than 70 years and is one of the most liberal ones in the world, with those which preceded it, implicitly evoking of course the Nazi regime as if there had not been the democratic "Weimar Republic" after WWI and the abdication of the last Kaiser.
It is simply disgusting.

zrrion

31 Dec 2021, 10:47

I applaud kbdfr's patience here in actually reading all that. They double posted (anyone with any sense of decorum would edit their posts but I guess they just don't teach people manners anymore) what was clearly not worth reading and didn't have the courtesy to include a tldr at the bottom so I've breezed through what was apparently more offensive than I initially supposed.

Love that dipshits can't resist talking about conspiracy bullshit everywhere because they've been internet poisoned into basing their entire personality on far right conspiracy theories. Get with the program and base your personality on keyboards like a normal person or on fountain pens if you are a bespoke gentleman like our beloved owner.

NicolasDavila

06 Jan 2022, 02:42

So uh... Can I have one of them Blusb boards? I've heard that they're awesome, and they don't seem to be related to vaccines at all!

elecsys

01 Mar 2022, 23:34

Well now that the plandemic has come to an end and nuclear war is finally upon us, do you have plans for another batch during these trying times? If so, put me on that list!
I need a keyboard capable of surviving the holocaust and/or fend off cannibals during the coming blackout. Maybe you could work on a Faraday cage as an add-on, while you're at it.

mind_prepared

04 Apr 2022, 12:24

I don't understand why some people on here have been finding it necessary to show the shallowness of their character by directing their bowel movements at me. Agree or disagree with what I said earlier but please keep it civilized.

Anyway, I thought a lot about the current situation and I will not succumb to the fear-mongering and divide-et-impera policies implemented by the government. Yes, one part of the population is scared of the virus, the other part is scared of the measures imposed to fight it. Perfectly normal people are constantly quarreling with one another over concocted ogres. Cui bono? I placed an order for another batch and will resume making controller boards shortly, so PM me if you're interested and let's get down to discussing details about new orders again! =^p

Muirium
µ

04 Apr 2022, 12:54

mind_prepared wrote:
I placed an order for another batch and will resume making controller boards shortly, so PM me if you're interested and let's get down to discussing details about new orders again! =^p
Best for all to focus on this bit. OnTopicThority for a change! ;)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Apr 2022, 15:22

mind_prepared wrote:
I don't understand why some people on here have been finding it necessary to show the shallowness of their character by directing their bowel movements at me. Agree or disagree with what I said earlier but please keep it civilized.
Reminds me of an earlier exchange:
kbdfr wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 13:35
mind_prepared wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 15:59
[…] I am starting to feel like a political prisoner […]
Oh, c'mon, don't play the victim. […]
After all, you started your anti-government rant out of the blue and hinted at a non-existent threat of being "fined and eventually jailed", explaining how you "live now, in constant fear of the State […] bracing for the worst" from "the evil empire" and comparing today's Germany with Nazi Germany by complaining that "historically German governments have had pretty poor human rights records", as if your human rights were in danger - you poor victim.

Oh, and by the way:
mind_prepared wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 16:42
[…] @moderator: Please delete the Covid-related posts I agree this is not a suitable venue for serious debate on the subject.
I happen to now be a moderator and have a strong opinion about people owning their own posts and mods not intervening:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27085
So you may delete your own bullshit if you like :lol:

Jan Pospisil

04 Apr 2022, 20:29

Good grief, is there a way to block people on here?

Muirium
µ

04 Apr 2022, 22:04

Who? Kbdfr? Might be tricky. :lol:

To be fair, you are in this guy’s thread. At least he’s being polite enough to keep it all in one, easily ignored place.

mind_prepared

19 Jan 2023, 14:49

Happy New Year everybody (including my critics, God bless their little hearts and minds!)

I'm happy to announce that I will be able to process new orders again about a week from now, so drop me a message if you're interested. =^)

I've been trying to keep the price for a board constant at 75€ since I started offering them for sale in 2016. I have no plans to jack up the price but due to the global increase of prices for components and auxiliary materials I will no longer take discounts (well, I'm still open for negotiations). Thanks to a recent change in pricing policy Deutsche Post/DHL no longer offer super cheap international economy shipping to private clients. The next best shipping option is international tracked insured (50€) small parcel shipping at 15€ (that's more than twice the old rate).

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2023, 19:03

mind_prepared wrote:
Happy New Year everybody (including my critics, God bless their little hearts and minds!)
:roll:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2023, 19:19

mind_prepared wrote:
Nice way of proving one's critics right.

valemax

25 Jan 2023, 19:53

Received the kit from Joern, it is just perfect.
Fits nicely in the space of the original board, no need to cut any additional window, just had to remove a little plastic tab inside that ended up in the middle of the new board.
I went for the big battery as I use the keyboard quite a lot and it fits in the space originally meant for the speaker.

Communication with Joern has been also optimal. I noticed a little problem and he fixed the firmware within a couple of days.
Now I have a wonderful 1993 Model M without the huge cable and the awful PS/2-USB converter.
Attachments
IMG_20230102_171531.jpg
IMG_20230102_171531.jpg (3.93 MiB) Viewed 4138 times
IMG_20230102_174214.jpg
IMG_20230102_174214.jpg (4.16 MiB) Viewed 4138 times
IMG_20230102_171906.jpg
IMG_20230102_171906.jpg (3.81 MiB) Viewed 4138 times

Muirium
µ

25 Jan 2023, 22:47

I’d likely do the same if I still had an unmodified SSK
and I weren’t retrofitting mine to Model F. (Technically, I do, but my NIB SSK is staying NIB. They’re only getting rarer.)

The original, coiled cable does have Much Class though. Notably you didn’t show its weedy USB replacement. Even a chunky battery will need charged every once in a while. ;)

If forced to stay Model M, I’d try a combo of SDL socket for the boss IBM cable and Bluetooth controller. This was possible on Phosphorglow’s hardware, as I recall; don’t know about this product though.

mind_prepared

26 Jan 2023, 12:54

Well, dog my cat, Muirium left a gear-related comment. Jfyi, I don't have anything to repent and I don't see what I could possibly have said to 'prove my critics right'. I would love to use the opportunity to rub the shortcomings and failures of the injurious biopolitical regime we've had to endure for almost three years in your face but this is a gear site and I don't want to clutter this thread with political debate.

I'm open to suggestions and will try to incorporate as many as them as possible for the next and final revision, that is, unless they reinstate the draft and I end up in a shithole trench on the eastern front a couple of months from now. Too bad Muirium is probably 30+ years above draft age and cannot join in the fun to come! But he and his little French buddy will surely volunteer again to bolster morale here at the home front! Mein Führer! Ich kann gehen! Eins-zwei, eins-zwei!

So far the only requests for a different USB connector I've received were for a USB C connector instead of what I consider the 'boss' USB B connector. I don't see the point in trying to retain an obsolete cable and connector that cannot be easily replaced just for the looks of it, but if enough people like the idea I will be happy to look into it.

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2023, 15:05

Sorry to burst your bubble, pops. I’m just square. If there was such a thing as a draft here, I’ve decades to go to escape it. Don’t give the buggers ideas!

As for cables: what’s boss about an SDL cable is the extra heavy duty, colour matched, coiled cable itself, and the IBM-made connectors secondly so. Those cables are beefier than the Ms themselves! You’ve got to go the extra mile and then some to get a USB cable anywhere near as buff, let alone as matching. So yeah, I’d keep it if I could.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Jan 2023, 15:52

mind_prepared wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 12:54
[…] but this is a gear site and I don't want to clutter this thread with political debate.
Good idea!
[…] that is, unless they reinstate the draft and I end up in a shithole trench on the eastern front a couple of months from now. Too bad Muirium is probably 30+ years above draft age and cannot join in the fun to come! But he and his little French buddy will surely volunteer again to bolster morale here at the home front! Mein Führer! Ich kann gehen! Eins-zwei, eins-zwei! […]
That prediction has about the same value as your former one about fearing to become a political prisoner.
Can't you simply stop spreading your bullshit and stick to the good idea with which you started your post?

mind_prepared

30 Jun 2023, 10:24

Just letting you folks know I'm still making controller boards and conversion kits for anyone interested, including my political adversaries. =^p

XXXL

28 Aug 2023, 14:41

Dear 'mind_prepared',

I bought one of your amazing BLUSB-Controllers and successfully installed in a 1986-Model M 1390148. Works fine as a Bluetooth Keyboard in Windows 10 Pro. Great Work, Insane!
One Issue: the Keyboard misses a new keypress after 5 Seconds of not typing. I have to press any Key to 'awake' the Model M, then everything is OK.

Is this an individual problem for my board or is this a known issue? Where to change the delay?

Greetings,
xxxL

mind_prepared

14 Nov 2023, 17:27

XXXL wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 14:41
Dear 'mind_prepared',

I bought one of your amazing BLUSB-Controllers and successfully installed in a 1986-Model M 1390148. Works fine as a Bluetooth Keyboard in Windows 10 Pro. Great Work, Insane!
One Issue: the Keyboard misses a new keypress after 5 Seconds of not typing. I have to press any Key to 'awake' the Model M, then everything is OK.

Is this an individual problem for my board or is this a known issue? Where to change the delay?

Greetings,
xxxL
That's a known bug. Luckily I already fixed it earlier this year. Anyone experiencing the same issue just drop me a message and I'll send you the latest version of the Blusb firmware.

mind_prepared

27 Feb 2024, 11:22

To all new members who're interested in a conversion kit: DT decided to restrict permissions to receive private messages for newly joined members. I can read private messages from newly joined members but I am unable to respond. My public email address is jaygheezy@hotmail.com if you want to reach out directly.

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2024, 12:53

mind_prepared wrote:
DT decided to restrict permissions to receive private messages for newly joined members.
False.

I'm a DT mod, and there is no such permission control in our interface. DT's admin, meanwhile, is notoriously MIA.

What you're probably facing is Google blocking PM alert emails for DT users who use Gmail. I've not had a notification in years, either. It's something our admin could fix but they're more interested in selling the forum than maintaining it.

So yes, better using simple email anyway.

mind_prepared

09 Mar 2024, 11:15

Muirium wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 12:53
mind_prepared wrote:
DT decided to restrict permissions to receive private messages for newly joined members.
False.

I'm a DT mod, and there is no such permission control in our interface. DT's admin, meanwhile, is notoriously MIA.

What you're probably facing is Google blocking PM alert emails for DT users who use Gmail. I've not had a notification in years, either. It's something our admin could fix but they're more interested in selling the forum than maintaining it.

So yes, better using simple email anyway.
No. I was referring to DT's internal message system (although I didn't specify it). If I open my Inbox in the User Control Panel, then open a private message from a newly joined member and click on the Send Reply button, I cannot add the name of the newly joined member and the message "Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages." is displayed in red letters above the subject line. Obviously the private message system includes some type of user rights/permission control and newly joined members are now by default excluded from receiving private messages, which is basically putting the cart before the horse as you would typically want to exclude newly joined members from sending private messages, not from receiving them. Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this move?

Return to “For sale”