08 May 2018, 18:12

samuelcable

08 May 2018, 18:28

GLWS!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 May 2018, 19:13

Prelim wrote: Image
You might want to mention you also have very nice NIB Cherry Dyesubs for sale now that all the Asian collectors are paying attention:
for-sale-f55/gmk-esc-spacebars-enters-d ... t8548.html

Dingster

08 May 2018, 19:25

Wodan wrote:
Prelim wrote: Image
You might want to mention you also have very nice NIB Cherry Dyesubs for sale now that all the Asian collectors are paying attention:
hahahahaha :lol:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 May 2018, 20:19

Wodan wrote:
Prelim wrote: [Prelim trolling]
:lol:

Prelim

08 May 2018, 21:43

indeed, but I wont be able to sell 70 keyboards of those! :P

jdos

09 May 2018, 01:02

OMG!!! It came!!!!!!
I hope to get one plzzzzzzz

yoon0010

09 May 2018, 03:45

my god...

vkc

09 May 2018, 04:38

you can buy BSP Hammer instead ....

mustcode

09 May 2018, 05:01

Damn, that's the price that differentiate serious collectors and regular enthusiast. I guess I'm not getting one... :shock:

DustGod
Yet another IBM snob

09 May 2018, 11:30

ramnes wrote: NIB? More like $800, actually. But this price was considering that at most 10 NIB SAV were known in the world; more offer, lower prices. If you add like 80 keyboards/sets to the game, you end up with probably more items than the number of Cherry collectors ready to spend that amount on one of those, so you mechanically reduce a lot their market value.
I'm not an expert of Cherry vintage stuff, and thus I didn't know that these are (were?) so rare. But this makes sense. If there really are 10 or so NIB SAV around, then the effect that this stash will have on the price will be huge.
Anyway, I'm unfortunately out of this... GLWS!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

09 May 2018, 13:42

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 14:50

kbdfr wrote:
:lol:

DustGod
Yet another IBM snob

09 May 2018, 16:05

t!ng wrote: Harvest keycaps from G81-3100SAV -> replace with enjoypbt -> sell "fake" G81-3100SAV -> sell original keycaps -> double the profit
Wait. Is the enjoypbt set really indistinguishable from these ones? :D

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 16:19

To the average person they would be mostly identical, but for the distinguished collector there will be some small differences.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

09 May 2018, 16:29

DustGod wrote:
t!ng wrote: Harvest keycaps from G81-3100SAV -> replace with enjoypbt -> sell "fake" G81-3100SAV -> sell original keycaps -> double the profit
no, they are VERY different. EPBT has bars on the homing keys, OG has scoops. The modifier key legends on ebpt are very different (and IMO very ugly). The cyrillic font is also slightly different as well. all in all I don't think the epbt set stands up to a real SAV/SAR/HASRO set in the slightest.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

09 May 2018, 16:30

vkc wrote: you can buy BSP Hammer instead ....
Or you can get the real thing and not deal with bsp's dotted homing and the inconsistent mod sizes... :thinking:

kconfire

09 May 2018, 16:32

Wow, good stuff.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 17:23

mike52787 wrote:
DustGod wrote:
no, they are VERY different. EPBT has bars on the homing keys, OG has scoops. The modifier key legends on ebpt are very different (and IMO very ugly). The cyrillic font is also slightly different as well. all in all I don't think the epbt set stands up to a real SAV/SAR/HASRO set in the slightest.
You're not an "average" person. Most people just see Cyrillic and that's all that matters to them. :geek:

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

09 May 2018, 17:32

Blaise170 wrote: You're not an "average" person. Most people just see Cyrillic and that's all that matters to them. :geek:
Noone that wants to buy one of these sets is an "average" person though

Menuhin

09 May 2018, 18:16

Has there ever been any successful GB with BSP dye-sub?

LightningXI

09 May 2018, 18:17

Menuhin wrote:Has there ever been any successful GB with BSP dye-sub?
There's been 4 rounds of BSP dyesub GBs.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Menuhin

09 May 2018, 18:19

LightningXI wrote:

Were those run by imsto?
I count those of imsto (and all those run by scammers) as eventually "unsuccessful".

LightningXI

09 May 2018, 18:22

Menuhin wrote:
LightningXI wrote:

Were those run by imsto?
I count those of imsto (and all those run by scammers) as eventually "unsuccessful".
Imsto was only the runner, but all the dyesublimation was done by team Hammer. All 3 rounds did ship, and the 4th one was through Massdrop. It's ongoing.

Menuhin

09 May 2018, 18:42

LightningXI wrote:
Menuhin wrote:
LightningXI wrote: There's been 4 rounds of BSP dyesub GBs.

Were those run by imsto?
Imsto was only the runner, but all the dyesublimation was done by team Hammer. All 3 rounds did ship, and the 4th one was through Massdrop. It's ongoing.

If the dye-sublimation work was done by team Hammer - how can it count towards BSP at all??
BSP is Denmark based.

Anyway, now I remember that the imsto had some decent dye-sub jobs, but BSP eventually made use of Gateron caps. It is all about the willingness to push the quality of dye-sub to the BSP level or even further. Cherry OG dye-sub was dyed in factories in Europe - they look much better under the microscope. The edge of legends in the caps of high-end dye-sub can be very sharp, almost like the double-shot legends, see those on Model M / Model F key caps.

That means no one tried to make high-end dye-sub GB in recent years.

LightningXI

09 May 2018, 18:51

Menuhin wrote:
LightningXI wrote:
Menuhin wrote: Were those run by imsto?

If the dye-sublimation work was done by team Hammer - how can it count towards BSP at all??
BSP is Denmark based.

Anyway, now I remember that the imsto had some decent dye-sub jobs, but BSP eventually made use of Gateron caps. It is all about the willingness to push the quality of dye-sub to the BSP level or even further. Cherry OG dye-sub was dyed in factories in Europe - they look much better under the microscope. The edge of legends in the caps of high-end dye-sub can be very sharp, almost like the double-shot legends, see those on Model M / Model F key caps.

That's not right.

BSP, which is a company now rebranded to Logickeyboard, does not do the dye-sublimation, but they provide the blanks. The high quality of dyesubs that we have seen in the sets marked as BSP sets are PBT blanks provided by BSP at an MOQ of 100 number of sets and dye-sublimated thereafter by team Hammer.

IMSTO had a separate line of dyesubs, which were the sets that were GB'd through IvanIvanovich on Geekhack as well as through IMSTO himself. Those used Gateron blanks.

The PBT blanks AND the dyesub job were different between those two. The Gateron keys had homing keys with scoops and bars on the same key, and BSP had nipples on homing keys, with no scooping.

The BSP sets were superior in quality of dye-sublimation compared to some of IMSTO's and Enjoypbt sets, and were also looked under the microscope next to other dyesubs (I am on mobile, but the pages for round 2 or round 3 on Geekhack have some of these pictures). The BSP sets dyesubbed by team Hammer were the ones that enthusiasts have claimed that they've come close to the quality of OG Cherry with three main disadvantages: (1) no scoops; nipples instead (2) warping on the right shift ("banana" shift) and (3) different top texture of the PBT plastic itself.

Menuhin

09 May 2018, 19:05

LightningXI wrote:
Menuhin wrote:
BSP is Denmark based.

That's not right.

BSP, which is a company now rebranded to Logickeyboard, does not do the dye-sublimation, but they provide the blanks. The high quality of dyesubs that we have seen in the sets marked as BSP sets are PBT blanks provided by BSP at an MOQ of 100 number of sets and dye-sublimated thereafter by team Hammer.

IMSTO had a separate line of dyesubs, which were the sets that were GB'd through IvanIvanovich on Geekhack as well as through IMSTO himself. Those used Gateron blanks.

The PBT blanks AND the dyesub job were different between those two. The Gateron keys had homing keys with scoops and bars on the same key, and BSP had nipples on homing keys, with no scooping.

The BSP sets were superior in quality of dye-sublimation compared to some of IMSTO's and Enjoypbt sets, and were also looked under the microscope next to other dyesubs (I am on mobile, but the pages for round 2 or round 3 on Geekhack have some of these pictures). The BSP sets dyesubbed by team Hammer were the ones that enthusiasts have claimed that they've come close to the quality of OG Cherry with three main disadvantages: (1) no scoops; nipples instead (2) warping on the right shift ("banana" shift) and (3) different top texture of the PBT plastic itself.

Are you implying the dye-sublimation of BSP products sold to other customers in the past two decades are also done by IMSTO and "team Hammer"?
If not, who were doing these high-quality dye-sub jobs for BSP?
What I am saying is, there has to be people who can do high quality dye-sub in Europe, after all OG Cherry was dyed in Europe. Even the factories were closed down, I don't believe all the machines in these factories were made in China.

I revisited those posts and remembered reading all those. It was ridiculous that many people talked about "BSP dyesub" and turned out BSP was just the PBT caps supplier.

LightningXI

09 May 2018, 19:19

Menuhin wrote: Are you implying the dye-sublimation of BSP products sold to other customers in the past two decades are also done by IMSTO and "team Hammer"
No.
Menuhin wrote: If not, who were doing these high-quality dye-sub jobs for BSP?
In this case, the same company BSP might have been doing it, but ever since they re-branded, I have made inquiries about dye-sublimation, and they said the following:
Thank you for your interest in Logickeyboard products. We are the same company BSP that makes cherry keycaps. We still do but we no longer do dye-sublimated printing. Our blank keycaps require a MOQ of 100 sets or more.
So yes, if you are strictly defining that labeling it as "BSP" must be BSP made and dye-sublimated, then there certainly won't be anything in recent years to qualify for your definition.

Menuhin

09 May 2018, 20:10

LightningXI wrote:
Menuhin wrote: If not, who were doing these high-quality dye-sub jobs for BSP?
In this case, the same company BSP might have been doing it, but ever since they re-branded, I have made inquiries about dye-sublimation, and they said the following:
Thank you for your interest in Logickeyboard products. We are the same company BSP that makes cherry keycaps. We still do but we no longer do dye-sublimated printing. Our blank keycaps require a MOQ of 100 sets or more.
So yes, if you are strictly defining that labeling it as "BSP" must be BSP made and dye-sublimated, then there certainly won't be anything in recent years to qualify for your definition.
Then we can basically cross out BSP from the GB supplier list.
The question is then who have (or perhaps sadly "still have") the high quality dye-sublimation tech that can produce in larger quantity to satisfy the wants of mechanical keyboard communities.

"Team Hammer" is a tricky term by the way, perhaps they are really related to the original maker "Hammer". Otherwise, how these sellers practising are quite questionable sometimes, e.g. after having created a post in DT about their new keyboards, they thought it is okay to write "featured in DT".

mindxthinker

10 May 2018, 01:01

Hey ball00n,

How many G81-3100SAV are you selling from this round? all 70??

Return to “For sale”