Cherry G81-3100SAV keyboards, keysets.

ball00n

08 May 2018, 07:14

After more than a year from the start of the sale, we actually sold everything we wanted to sell in this "batch". Mindgame still has a few keyboards for sale, but the prices might be different. If you want to buy anything, leave a pm in his inbox.

Big thanks to everyone who bought stuff from us.

Old post
Spoiler:
Hello, everyone! After almost all of the packages of the previous sale were delivered, we’re opening the sale thread once again to sell what’s left. We still have 10 more NIB keyboards that are up for sale right now. There will be no rules or limitations right now, just PM me with the number of keyboards you want, your paypal address and shipping country. Price is the same 530 + shipping + fees, shipping prices for one keyboard are below.

We will also sell the keysets separately, shipped in a small box for 550 shipped + fees.

Keyboard shipping cost (including package and tracking):

Net weight - 2.35kg
Gross weight ~ 3.7kg
EU Zone1 (AT, DK, FR, IT, PL, BG, CZ, CH, CY, HR, SI, BY) - 45$
EU Zone2 (Other EU) - 50$
US/CA/UK - 55$
Asia Zone1 (CN, KR, JP, VN, IN, TH) - 48$
AU/NZ - 75$
Other countries- 60$
Older post:
Spoiler:
As the title says, we would like to sell our keyboards. We know that a lot of people would like to get one, so we figured that the only right way of selling them is through a raffle.

Rules:
  • Account on DT registered before date of publication.
  • At least one post prior to this thread.
  • You can only purchase one keyboard and / or one keyset.
Items for sale
  • G81-3100SAV keyboard in it’s original box, with replacement keycaps, keypuller and user manual. Price: $530 + shipping + fees.
  • B-stock G81-3100SAV keyset from Mindgame’s previous findings. They were never used, but some keycaps may have minor scratches on outer keycaps (bottom row). No replacement keycaps. See examples below. Shipped in a plastic bag. Price: $350 + shipping + fees. You may also ask for a whole keyboard for increased shipping cost, but please note that the cable was cut off.
PayPal fees are about 5%. We also accept bitcoin in equivalent from https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/ . You will get a $30 off the keyboard and $20 off the keyset, making the price $500 and $330 + shipping respectively. You can see the shipping price for your region in the bottom of the post.

Enter form for keyboards here: https://goo.gl/forms/3Hz1Cij3o9o3cbxE2
Enter form for keycaps here: https://goo.gl/forms/Ru9CgCavYfgCpnH33

The form will be open from 08.05 to 13.05. I will contact the winners.

If you’re lucky and win 2 items at the same time you will be contacted first and asked whether you want to pay for them both. Please, respond ASAP.

You can find images of keyboards in this post:
topic18822.html
You can view images of all keysets for sale here:
**edited out**
P1090854.JPG
P1090854.JPG (6.58 MiB) Viewed 14439 times
P1090857.JPG
P1090857.JPG (6.47 MiB) Viewed 14439 times
Shipping costs:

Keyboard shipping cost (including package and tracking)

Net weight - 2.35kg
Gross weight ~ 3.7kg
EU Zone1 (AT, DK, FR, IT, PL, BG, CZ, CH, CY, HR, SI, BY) - 45$
EU Zone2 (Other EU) - 50$
US/CA/UK - 55$
Asia Zone1 (CN, KR, JP, VN, IN, TH) - 48$
AU/NZ - 75$
Other countries- 60$

Keyset only - 20$ to any location.
Last edited by ball00n on 21 Jun 2019, 23:48, edited 7 times in total.

kokokoy

08 May 2018, 07:28

Now it starts. Still on the fence on this though but good luck everyone. :D

* edit: reread the post, thought $350 was the price. :lol: I'm definitely out on this one.
Last edited by kokokoy on 08 May 2018, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

nsmechkb

08 May 2018, 07:44

Man, finds 70 keyboards for $20 each, sells them for $530 each.

Sometimes--fuck this hobby.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 May 2018, 08:17

It‘s a free world, they dug these up and they have the liberty to sell them at whatever rate they think is right. Selling these at discount probably means making a loss of an average local monthly salary per board. I want to see one of you first world country bois give a 1500$ rebate on a keyboard.

And many people on DT learned that giving away great finds to friends for good prices yields a high chance of getting flipped in the face. One of the reasons Ascaii left was all the flipping that went on after he gave away dozens of Nixie boards at discount prices to people he considered friends.

With these sums involved, you‘re putting a lot of stress on an internet friendship so I understand why there are no discount prices.

In the other hand, this will always be part of their reputation. Such an epic haul is a great burden. You can be the fucker or get fucked ...

nsmechkb

08 May 2018, 08:31

Just to show I'm not making up numbers:

http://www.phantom.sannata.ru/forum/ind ... ew&o=&st=0

Superdoedoe

08 May 2018, 08:54

Welp - thought i'd get one...guess not.

Kuang2

08 May 2018, 08:56

thank you all for making it alive ... fill in the form

Myoth

08 May 2018, 09:13

I mean, it makes a lot of sense from a market point, hitlu's tried (succeeded ?) to sell one at 800usd, 530usd is not a bad price that considered.

But it is disappointing from a community member who wanted an opportunity to get rare keysets at a low price, which is me. Which is also kind of selfish.

GLWS nonetheless !

heymark

08 May 2018, 09:29

I just say Black G81 3000sav GB 800$,but now 200$. 8-)

Sup

08 May 2018, 09:44

this man just made around 37k flip that's a record holy shit. To poor to buy one enjoypbt it is then :D .

yonghf

08 May 2018, 10:11

You have my interest.

mindxthinker

08 May 2018, 11:05

I hope I get one....

ball00n

08 May 2018, 11:12

Someone asked me for pictures of scratches on bottom row.
https://imgur.com/a/eJMHFAg
This is all we could capture with what we have.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 May 2018, 11:43

Ouch, I'll be in for one I guess, but I was expecting a lower price for such a big sale. I mean, it's a good price for a SAV keyboard in that condition, but not that good if you consider the amount of keyboards that were just found, ironically. I'm not sure there's a reason to do a raffle at this price point, you might just end up talking with a few collectors.

kimaki1026

08 May 2018, 11:49

I hope I get one....

Wazazaby

08 May 2018, 13:09

They're not high. Market price for these is around 650$ normally. He does what he wants, and he's actually helping the community I think. We should thank him instead of talking crap

depletedvespene

08 May 2018, 13:11

At these prices, I'm out, but I do understand why they'd be this high. GLWR!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 May 2018, 13:40

From

to

A raffle makes sense only if there are more people interested than items available,
and as pricing is a key determinant of the number of potential buyers, this raffle probably simply equates to a sale.

In my opinion there's no way all 70 keyboards will sell at that price,
so if they are to be sold in the end there will have to be a price drop for those remaining,
which in turn means it’s probably a beter idea not to buy now.

The "market value" is not a constant inherent to an item,
but the result of interaction between supply and demand.
Modify one of both factors and a new equilibrium will arise.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 May 2018, 13:47

Wazazaby wrote: They're not high. Market price for these is around 650$ normally. He does what he wants, and he's actually helping the community I think. We should thank him instead of talking crap
NIB? More like $800, actually. But this price was considering that at most 10 NIB SAV were known in the world; more offer, lower prices. If you add like 80 keyboards/sets to the game, you end up with probably more items than the number of Cherry collectors ready to spend that amount on one of those, so you mechanically reduce a lot their market value. And by the way, that's exactly why HASRO keyboards were worth much less than SAV (around $600 NIB) until now: a big stash of them was sold upfront by a guy on Ebay for some time.

Of course that they do what they want. I'm just saying that as a community, and considering the raffle idea, I would have expected a more generous offer, à la Cindy. But I'm not blaming them/you for not doing it neither. I just don't see the point of the raffle here. Once again, I'll still probably be in for one, and thank you mindgame and ball00n for giving us this opportunity of acquiring one of the rarest Cherry keyboard ever!

Edit: kbdfr beat me to it. :)

t!ng
Awake Sheep

08 May 2018, 14:49

Harvest keycaps from G81-3100SAV -> replace with enjoypbt -> sell "fake" G81-3100SAV -> sell original keycaps -> double the profit

ultraidiot

08 May 2018, 14:51

My wallet is only maybe ready. Excited!

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

08 May 2018, 14:56

More than fair price. if I didnt already have a set I'd be all over this! glws boys

Mio

08 May 2018, 15:46

Wow! thats a 40K deal!!!
GLWS!

Dingster

08 May 2018, 15:59

Wodan wrote: It‘s a free world, they dug these up and they have the liberty to sell them at whatever rate they think is right. Selling these at discount probably means making a loss of an average local monthly salary per board. I want to see one of you first world country bois give a 1500$ rebate on a keyboard.

And many people on DT learned that giving away great finds to friends for good prices yields a high chance of getting flipped in the face. One of the reasons Ascaii left was all the flipping that went on after he gave away dozens of Nixie boards at discount prices to people he considered friends.

With these sums involved, you‘re putting a lot of stress on an internet friendship so I understand why there are no discount prices.

In the other hand, this will always be part of their reputation. Such an epic haul is a great burden. You can be the fucker or get fucked ...
Any more info on the Ascaii ordeal?

Also these prices :lol: , doubt you will need a raffle
Last edited by Dingster on 08 May 2018, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

nzhoward

08 May 2018, 16:02

was pretty excited for this. but at that price i guess im out :(

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 May 2018, 16:39

Yeah no well in hell I'm paying that much. I'd consider it at $200, but even then probably not.

orihalcon

08 May 2018, 16:52

Those caps sure are pretty, but I'm not enough of a cherry guy to throw that much at it or speculate what they are worth. I take everyone's word that the previous market price was more than that, but they just became relatively more common with this find, though they are still rare.

Kind of reminds me of that first F107 that came up on ebay in like 2012 that sold for like $660 at auction as no one knew if there would be another seen for a long time and this was before what more common model F's fetch these days (I think AT's were going for like $100 and XT's for like $60). Once a bunch were found, I was selling them for around 1/3 of that with Xwhatsit controllers already installed and they weren't exactly flying off the shelves. I was more motivated to move them initially when i had more, and the price has slowly come up to $400 over the course of 6 years as I've gotten down to the last few, but still never sold one for anything close to what the previous market price was. Perhaps these won't suffer from that problem as there are more Cherry than IBM fans out there who might want them for customs.

I also kind of doubt that there are enough people that will buy them at the posted price, but can't blame the seller for feeling it out. If they aren't selling, I'm sure the price will come down.

As far as the price the seller paid, I believe it was Webwit who posted elsewhere, "I can't sell you a $100 bill for $50 that I found on the sidewalk." They are worth what people will pay for them.
Last edited by orihalcon on 08 May 2018, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

08 May 2018, 17:00

If you are looking for dyesub, I can sell this set:
Spoiler:
:?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 May 2018, 17:02

RaleghDirat wrote: If you are looking for dyesub, I can sell this set:
Spoiler:
$400? :lol:

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

08 May 2018, 17:04

Blaise170 wrote:
RaleghDirat wrote: If you are looking for dyesub, I can sell this set:
Spoiler:
$400? :lol:
Considering the missing latin characters, I would say half of the above!?
:D

Return to “For sale”