Some alps keyboards

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

23 Aug 2018, 10:40

Hello DT marketplace!

I've been posting stuff for sale on MM and for some reason completely forgetting there is a marketplace on DT, hahaha. I always associate DT with a place to discuss keyboards and gain knowledge, but always forget there is actually a space dedicated for selling and trading. I usually only visit the G/I thread in the marketplace tab =P

Anyway, I need to start selling stuff...for a lot of reasons. I'll probably just keep this thread around and add stuff to it when I've decided to part with another one of my boards. Right now I have three that I'm looking to sell.

1. Modded SIIG MiniTouch - $50 (shipping included in the states) or $35 + shipping worldwide

This one came with alps clones, so I replaced them with dampened cream switches. It's in really good condition, but I lose 3 of the lasered caps >_<
Spoiler:

Thanks for looking! Let me know if I’m valuing things too high also – I tried to be as reasonable as I could, but I know that what they are worth to me might not translate to the rest of the community. So slap some reality into me if I need it!

SOLD STUFF--------------------------

1. "NIB" Omnikey 102
Spoiler:

I say "NIB" because I did something to it.... I improved it! (Haha..) I took orange alps apart, and removed the top housings of most of the switches in the 102, then replaced the white sliders, springs, and top housings with that of the orange alps. So essentially I made click modded orange alps. They feel very close to blue alps, which was the intention of the mod in the first place! This was back when my blue alps supply was very limited (I think I maybe had one board of blue alps) and I wanted to try and recreate the feeling with stuff I had lying around. I would say I succeeded, but obviously, they aren't genuine blue alps.
2. Parckard Bell KFCLEA916A
Spoiler:
To be super transparent, I have two of these boards. One of them is basically NOS (which is the one I’m keeping) and the other is this restored beauty. The PCB that this board came with was completely dead, so I replaced it with a similar PCB from an EPSON that I bought from u/mike52787 after he harvested the switches from it. This board uses SKCL (linear) brown alps – which are very rare and extremely nice. They are actually my favorite linear switch, but again, seeing as I have a NOS Packard bell and recently completed an omnikey 101 project (also with SKCL browns) this one needs to be enjoyed by someone else - someone that will use it!. The switches are in excellent condition. They are in excellent condition (I said it twice because it’s important). Comparing them to my NOS Packard Bell yields very minor discrepancy – they feel absolutely lovely! SKCL browns are a heavy alps linear switch – much heavier than SKCL green and even heavier than SKCL yellow. Somewhere in the 60g-70g range. The spacebar is an SKCL amber switch, which is even heavier than brown! I included a typing video in the next section so you can hear what they sound like! The only flaw in the keyboard itself is that there is some sporadic yellowing on the alpha and numpad keys =/ but also has a relatively low serial number! I’ve priced the board at a pretty high premium due to rarity, quality, and overall condition, but I’m definitely open to offers!!

pics

typing test
3. Zenith ZKB-2 - $125 (shipping included in the states) or $105 + shipping worldwide
Spoiler:
I painted this board an industrial grey color as well as gave it a black Zenith badge from an old z-150. The board was already pretty clean, so I didn't do much else. Switches are VERY smooth SKCL yellow switches and has SKCL green switches with red LEDs.

4. 1986 silver label model M - $85 (shipping included in the states) or $65 + shipping worldwide
Spoiler:
This board is in very nice nice and clean condition - it even has a newish smell to it as well, haha. I used some of it's original caps on my f122 and fXT though, so it has a bit of a mishmash of caps - particularly on the bottom row mods. Comes with a yellow unicomp enter key as well as a dustcover. The cable is in immaculate condition!

Last edited by //gainsborough on 05 Sep 2018, 21:34, edited 13 times in total.

Elrick

23 Aug 2018, 10:55

Always interested in a NIB Omnikey, so PM'd him.

Don't forget this place is perfect for old diamonds and rare objects, hence please consider us here because everyone on DT loves keyboards.

Dare I say, the old keyboard phenomenon is far greater here than on Geekflack or Reddik ;) .

Keybug

23 Aug 2018, 21:53

Well no, Elrick, I've cast that spell and you can't have it!

Also PM'ed...
Attachments
gandalf.jpg
gandalf.jpg (30.99 KiB) Viewed 5701 times

Elrick

24 Aug 2018, 04:48

Just conducted a successful purchase from a very decent/honest individual.

Looking forward to seeing this Pristine 102 OmniKey coming down under, thank you //gainsborough.

That NorthGate Keyboard cover is worth it alone :D .

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Aug 2018, 04:58

Elrick wrote: Just conducted a successful purchase from a very decent/honest individual.

Looking forward to seeing this Pristine 102 OmniKey coming down under, thank you //gainsborough.

That NorthGate Keyboard cover is worth it alone :D .
Thanks, mate! :D

Beyond_The_End

24 Aug 2018, 19:43

You sell that wang?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

24 Aug 2018, 20:02

Beyond_The_End wrote: You sell that wang?
Pretty sure that's illegal. :lol:

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Aug 2018, 20:49

Lol. It did sell, though.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

25 Aug 2018, 02:46

updated photo!

Elrick

04 Sep 2018, 08:54

Just received Gansie's OmniKey today and it is indeed, FIRST Class - New In Box.

The man is true to his word and am glad to have purchased this item from him, if this was on Ebay he gets a solid "5-STAR" feedback from me without any reservations.

He even went way over the top by packaging the keyboard up, inside a another solid cardboard box so that the heinous rapist's at AusPost, couldn't do a thing to this package.

It arrived unmolested and without any injected fluids, anywhere upon the packaging.

Thank you for this very decent and virtuous transaction 8-) .

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

05 Sep 2018, 06:16

Glad you like it, Elrick!

thread update: listed two new boards

dokyun

05 Sep 2018, 10:16

PM'd

alas

05 Sep 2018, 23:35

Do you still have the ALPS clones from the SIIG Minitouch? They're either SMK or Hua-Jie clones, and I'm looking for both.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

05 Sep 2018, 23:47

alas wrote: Do you still have the ALPS clones from the SIIG Minitouch? They're either SMK or Hua-Jie clones, and I'm looking for both.
negatory =/ I do have two plates worth of w/e alps clones they used in fk-2001s though if you're interested in those

alas

06 Sep 2018, 00:51

PM'd to keep this thread on topic :P

John Doe

20 Sep 2021, 23:10

I know I'm late but still want to ask if the ZKB2 still available?

Return to “For sale”