Alps AT102, Focus FK-2002, Wyse PCE Int'l - free as in beer

stratokaster

17 Oct 2018, 20:50

Hello there.

I need to clean out my Ukrainian apartment and that includes several keyboards. I'd like to give them away for free to people who would appreciate them or at least use them for parts.

The items in question are:

1) Alps Bigfoot (model AT102, made in Ireland), UK ISO, SKCM Salmon, Alps dye-subbed PBT keycaps w/ABS spacebar.

The keyboard is untested, it looks reasonably clean but feels very gritty. The case is yellowed but in good condition otherwise.

2) Escom-branded Focus FK-2002, French AZERTY, Alps SKCM White, pad-printed ABS keycaps.

The keyboard is untested, looks reasonably clean but feels gritty, there's some melting damage (presumably from cigarette ashes because I remember the keyboard smelling of tobacco when I got it several years ago; the smell is gone by now).

3) Wyse PCE Int'L, UK ISO, mix of MX Black and RRE switches, Wyse double-shot ABS keycaps.

The keyboard is untested, it looks reasonably clean and feels OK, both the case and the keycaps are severely yellowed.

As mentioned earlier, the keyboards themselves are free, I would ship them within Europe at cost. Currently I have only a vague idea of how much the shipping would be, tentatively set at 30 euro per keyboard for registered mail (including packing materials) but could easily be somewhat higher or somewhat lower.

Pics to follow tomorrow when the lighting gets a bit better.

Muirium
µ

17 Oct 2018, 21:53

#1 sounds interesting, given I’ve an SGI Granite with the annoying non AT protocol insides, which is supposedly swappable. Gritty Alps though…

Someone who needs their first Alps board want to step up here?

abrahamstechnology

17 Oct 2018, 21:53

Do you ship to the USA?

ball00n

17 Oct 2018, 22:09

Hey, I would take that at102 and I'm in Ukraine... So..

stratokaster

17 Oct 2018, 22:12

abrahamstechnology wrote: Do you ship to the USA?
I'm afraid shipping to the US would be prohibitively expensive.

stratokaster

17 Oct 2018, 22:12

ball00n wrote: Hey, I would take that at102 and I'm in Ukraine... So..
YGPM

ball00n

17 Oct 2018, 22:14

I'm assuming you are from Kyiv, so if you will stay there till November 18 I can pick it by myself, and bring a beer, of course.

stratokaster

17 Oct 2018, 22:16

I hope nobody would get offended if I give the AT102 to ball00n — he's local and it would be considerably easier for me to send it locally.

Myoth

17 Oct 2018, 22:18

yeah sure, I don't mind sending a pm and then getting passed by lol

Findecanor

17 Oct 2018, 23:50

You did not offer beer. ;)

NBAPwns13

18 Oct 2018, 02:15

Thanks OP for doing this, i actually live in Canada and i'm new to the whole alps things right now and i would love the Focus FK-2002

Dingster

18 Oct 2018, 08:39

PMd hopefully for a first alps board (FK-2002) :)

stratokaster

18 Oct 2018, 12:12

Sorry for not replying, I was a bit busy in the morning and will reply to all PMs later today.

Photos of the keyboards.

1) Alps AT102

I just noticed that the numpad 4 keycap is a bit damaged :(

2) Focus FK-2002

3) Wyse PCE Int'L

stratokaster

18 Oct 2018, 12:18

I also found another keyboard that may be of interest.

4) Dell AT101W, ANSI, PS/2, Alps SKCM Black. All non-stabilised non-modifier keycaps are Alps-made dye-subbed PBT I harvested from a rubber dome Alps board. Unfortunately, it had really weird modifiers and its stabilised caps were not compatible with standard Alps stabiliser, hence the keycap mishmash.

The keyboards looks a bit sad, but it's tested and fully working. Some of the keys (particularly the right Shift) feel a bit gritty so I guess it would benefit from cleaning with canned air, Chyros has a very good video on opening and cleaning those switches if I remember correctly.

ball00n

18 Oct 2018, 12:20

May I have it too? I might just give it to a friend of mine that likes bigfoots and doesn't like wkl layout.

stratokaster

18 Oct 2018, 14:31

ball00n wrote: May I have it too? I might just give it to a friend of mine that likes bigfoots and doesn't like wkl layout.
Sorry, I already promised it to @Myoth :-)

stratokaster

18 Oct 2018, 15:56

Since nobody expressed any interest in the Wyse, I'm going to donate it to a local computer history museum :-)

Dingster

18 Oct 2018, 16:02

Shame about the wyse (hopefully not being greedy) I would have gladly taken it :)

IKSLM

18 Oct 2018, 19:28

Hm, i sent you a PM for WYSE, yesterday.

stratokaster

21 Oct 2018, 14:00

Sorry for my disappearance, but I'm in the process of selling my apartment and it takes a lot of time and legwork...

This is the preliminary list of who gets what:

Dell AT102 — ball00n
Focus FK-2002/Dell AT101W — Myoth
Wyse — IKSLM

I will be only able to ship them on Tuesday, so I need confirmations before that.

Return to “For sale”