ALL Soarer's Converters back in stock! 10-20% off until Nov 1st!

orihalcon

25 Oct 2018, 03:25

All of my Soarer’s Converters are finally back in stock! - (Working on getting a better picture for this post)

AS A PROMOTION UNTIL NOVEMBER 1, I will be offering these to DT members through direct paypal invoice for 10-20% off depending on the version as priced below. USA Shipping is free, and international shipping is a flat $13 for parcels weighing up to 8oz, or $23 if package weight will be more than 8oz by USPS international first class mail.

I cannot offer discounts for those sold through ebay, but they are also available there as well if you would prefer to buy them that way.

Versions and pricing are as follows:

AT/XT to USB - $32 each
PS/2 to USB - $32 each
RJ45 to USB for terminal IBM Model M’s $32 each
240 Degree 5 Pin DIN for 122 Key terminal IBM Model F’s and Model M’s - $32 each
USB Female to USB - Must be used with PS/2 backwards compatible USB keyboards that work with a passive Female USB to Male PS/2 adapter - $30 each

3ft 240 Degree 5 Pin DIN cables for 122 Key Model F’s and Model M’s - $36 each

Wyse 6ft 4p4c Male to USB - $36 each
Omnikey 6ft 6 Pin Mini DIN Male to USB - $36 each
Wang 6ft 6p6c to USB - $36 each
Model M 6ft 6 Pin SDL Male to USB - $42 each

If there’s anything else you want to add to your order that I sell on ebay, any items can be added on at a 10% discount of prices listed there.

An additional 4% discount is available if payment is sent as a Paypal gift payment (send money to family and friends option) instead of paying through a paypal invoice.

If interested, please PM me the types and quantities of items that you want, your paypal email address, country shipping to, and specify whether you would like an itemized paypal invoice or if you would rather make a paypal gift payment instead for the additional 4% discount.
Attachments
DSC029042222.jpg
DSC029042222.jpg (189.45 KiB) Viewed 3321 times

xxhellfirexx

25 Oct 2018, 07:26

If I have a XT keyboard, can I connect it to my computer using the following configuration?

XT Keyboard > Passive DIN 5 to PS/2 > Soarer PS/2 to USB

7bit

25 Oct 2018, 08:32

Stupid question:
Do these translate all keys to a different code, so keys can be distiguished?
:?

Anakey

25 Oct 2018, 09:14

xxhellfirexx wrote: If I have a XT keyboard, can I connect it to my computer using the following configuration?

Looks like i was wrong and the converter will still convert XT even if through a mini din plug
Last edited by Anakey on 25 Oct 2018, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

25 Oct 2018, 12:46

Actually, Soarer’s converter detects XT/AT on connection. So you should be fine. They are electrically identical, only the logic differs, and he handles both.

Anakey

25 Oct 2018, 13:49

ok thanks Muirium if that is indeed the case and it will read XT through the mini din connector then i guess it does not matter about the plug.

orihalcon

25 Oct 2018, 19:10

xxhellfirexx wrote: If I have a XT keyboard, can I connect it to my computer using the following configuration?

Yep, as mentioned by others, this will work :)

orihalcon

25 Oct 2018, 19:17

7bit wrote: Stupid question:
Do these translate all keys to a different code, so keys can be distiguished?
:?
Yep just to confirm what Muirium has already mentioned, These detect the protocol being used when the arduino first turns on, hence why you must have the keyboard plugged into the adapter before you plug the USB end in, otherwise it will not know what protocol it is translating from.

There is also an option to force the code set in your configuration if for some reason it is unable to detect the protocol or if you want to hotplugging different boards into the Soarer's Converter without powering down the converter (ie disconnecting the USB end) between keyboard changes assuming they are all using that same protocol.

Hypersphere

26 Oct 2018, 00:02

@orihalcon: Thanks for this update. As you know, I have quite a few of your converters, and they have all worked flawlessly. Considering the savings in time and effort, they are well worth the price.

Yet another naive question (YANQ): Will your Wyse converter cable work with a Wyse60? This keyboard model has the cable hardwired to the keyboard. Would a straight-through phone-jack linear connector work to connect the keyboard cable to your converter cable? Thanks.

Excelso

11 Nov 2018, 23:51

Added to my wishlist.

Return to “For sale”