[WTS] Give-away G81-1000 case & cable, welcome donation to DT

Menuhin

16 Jan 2019, 17:56

I have a G8x-1000 case & cable in very good condition to give away, perfect for any custom Cherry WKL project.

Recipient pays shipping (from Germany).

Donation to DT is welcomed!
(You can send me proof of donation in some forms.)

cineraphael

16 Jan 2019, 19:13

Hello, do I need to do anything in order to get this keyboard send to the US? I am the same guy that want your ALP White switch but I think I need to take time to find my perfect ALP keyboard! Either way, a vintage German keyboard like this cherry is also very interesting.

Menuhin

16 Jan 2019, 20:11

You have to pay for the shipping.

To understand what is being shipping: it is a case and its cable, the PCB and "switches" of this G81-1000 board will be removed. The upside is the shipping weight will be much lower. Of course, I can also ship the PCB and those "switches" to you, assuming you know what G81-xxxx has versus G80-xxxx

My perfect Alps recommendations:
Buy It Now for this one with SKCM pine blacks. Bamboo blacks are crap and pine blacks are the crack.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dell-AT101-GYUM ... rk:15:pf:0
I believe you can easily find a replacement of this missing cap, from similar or same Dell.

My ranking of tactile Alps: pine blacks > salmon > orange; while SKCM browns are totally different beasts.
If you come from the land of SKCM blues, and like clickies, I think SKCM whites are not much different when in good condition.
I have all types of relatively common Alps switches mentioned above, so just speaking from experience.
In any case, ultrasound cleaning and dry lubing is recommendation for switches on these vintage boards, and one doesn't need to desolder the switches - just dissemble the top housings and stems and springs.

If you want Frankenstein, there's a Leeku's custom created Cherry full-size PCB available for you to drop into that Cherry keyboard case about, and that PCB allows you to install Alps switches, and of course make the keyboard fully customizable with NKRO, unlike many vintage Cherry boards that have only 2KRO.

AdrianMan

08 Aug 2020, 20:49

Hey, if you still have this I would be happy to get it and turn it back to life with a custom pcb. Thanks !

Return to “For sale”