Ibm Model F AT, Blue Ibm Selectric I keycaps

Paco666

22 Jan 2019, 02:40

Hello everyone, I'm back to take a second shot at selling my blue selectric I caps and adding a model F AT to the table.
The AT has been fully restored. It has been taken apart, cleaned, derusted, painted, put back together and tested. In fact i'm writing this right now using it. I didn't mod anything on it so its an iso layout with everything authentic on it. The only new part is the foam because the original was just a pile of gunk so I had to replace it. Asking 300$ or best offer.
The blue selectric keys are jawdropping. They are beautiful double shot abs and are just thick. There are some damaged keys since I did not harvest them myself (thing that I regret by the way). Only two alphas are damaged and probably wouldn't be too apparent once installed. All damage is documented in the album. Asking 350$ or best offer.
Im open to constructive criticism but I would prefer not being lynched as last time.

I considerably lowered the price on the selectric keys based on the feedback that I received on my last post.

I hope the formatting is correct, first time using this, please be indulgent ;)

Edit: Images did not appear correctly so I just posted the links

ullbeking

30 Jan 2019, 18:30

Send PM

depletedvespene

01 Feb 2019, 01:31

Paco666 wrote:
The AT has been fully restored. It has been taken apart, cleaned, derusted, painted, put back together and tested. In fact i'm writing this right now using it. I didn't mod anything on it so its an iso layout with everything authentic on it. The only new part is the foam because the original was just a pile of gunk so I had to replace it. Asking 300$ or best offer.
I don't mean to be a dick (it comes naturally), but... that's not an ISO layout: the Enter key is the (original, indeed) BAE and the left Shift is the (original as well) typical long key that's identified as ANSI in modern terms.

Just for the sake of precision. GLWS!

ShivaYash

02 Feb 2019, 12:07

Where are you based? Interested in the Model F.

John Doe

04 Feb 2019, 07:53

Rare selectric caps compatible for beam springs.

Wingklip

13 Feb 2019, 05:44

It's a bit pricey I have to say, nearly the equivalent of feebay.
Good luck though, I wish I had a set of blues :(

Paco666

17 Feb 2019, 22:45

John Doe wrote:
Hey sorry, never received any notifications for the responses so I thought that no one responded to the thread.

Yes the selectric I caps are fully compatible on any beamspring board. If you need other info or whatever just hit me up!

Paco666

17 Feb 2019, 23:06

depletedvespene wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 01:31
Paco666 wrote:
I don't mean to be a dick (it comes naturally), but... that's not an ISO layout: the Enter key is the (original, indeed) BAE and the left Shift is the (original as well) typical long key that's identified as ANSI in modern terms.

Just for the sake of precision. GLWS!
Thank you very much for the precision even two weeks after the original response. Always good getting constructive criticisme.

John Doe

18 Feb 2019, 16:17

Paco666 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 22:45
John Doe wrote:
Hey sorry, never received any notifications for the responses so I thought that no one responded to the thread.

Yes the selectric I caps are fully compatible on any beamspring board. If you need other info or whatever just hit me up!
I like them, but hate the price. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paco666

18 Feb 2019, 17:32

If you’d care to offer on them be my guest. Right now I’m hard for cash so I’m ready to take a hit on the price. Could also accept trades depending on the offer.

Return to “For sale”