Bass's for sale thread

Bass

10 Feb 2019, 23:31

The time has come for me to start downsizing my collection to just my absolute favorite boards. As a result I will be gradually selling most of it off. Be sure to check back regularly for updates, as I still have plenty of other stuff left to sell!

Rules
  • All prices include shipping unless explicitly stated. I accept PayPal, not interested in trades at the moment.
  • I am located in the United States and strongly prefer American buyers or international buyers with U.S. proxies available- .
  • I live in the Los Angeles area and will accept local pickup. For keyboard prices that include shipping, I will provide a $50 discount for local buyers for bulky items like beamsprings, $20 for standard keyboards, and $5 for keycaps and switches.
  • Don't complain about prices, especially for any beamsprings. Those that know me are aware of how much I hate it when for sale threads with high priced items get derailed with entitled buyers insulting the seller for their asking price. If you wish to complain anyways, I will simply not sell anything to you in the future until you apologize. Politely pointing out price discrepancies whenever a listed item is significantly above market price, on the other hand, is welcomed and acceptable. I try my best to make my prices fair but everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
Timestamp

All sold! Check back later for updates.

SOLD:
Spoiler:
IBM 5251 Beamspring - $1450 (Album)
This 5251 is in excellent condition, fully restored and converted to USB (via an xwhatsit controller) and is ready for immediate use. The plates have not been painted as they are still shiny and free of rust. The spacebar stabilizer wire has also been lubed to prevent squeaking. Keycaps have a little bit of shine but this is otherwise as good as it gets for a beamspring.

NOS SMK Gen 2 Clicky Switches x90 (MX Mount) - $25 (Photo)
Never used.

Magnavox Videowriter w/ Alps SKCM Brown switches - $215 (Album)
Switches are in great condition (at least 8/10), only noticeable flaw with the board is that the keycaps are shiny and have yellowed.

IBM Displaywriter Keyboard (Beamspring) - $800 (Album)
The case and keycaps have been lightly cleaned and the contamination shield has been removed, but it still needs to be converted and restored (new foam and derusting a few stems). Every switch clicks as it should, so it should work as intended once an xwhatsit controller is installed. One keycap has a slightly rubbed out front-printed legend (pictured) Sold as is.

Tai Hao Alps Doubleshot ABS keycaps - $25 (Photo)
Never used. Originally purchased via Massdrop.

Acer KB101AS (Alps SKCM Blue Switches) - $375 (Album)
This is an uncommon and improved variant of the much beloved KB101A which has double shot ABS keycaps and deeper scoops on the homing keys. Switches are clean and in great shape, and it sounds as fantastic as you'd expect. Keycaps have some shine and case is slightly yellowed.

SA Dasher TKL - $125 (Photo)
Has a few months of use and thus there is some shine. Additionally these were mounted on old stock Kailh BOX switches and have thus been stretched a bit. I have tested that they still firmly fit on most MX mount switches, but are a tad looser.
Last edited by Bass on 14 Feb 2019, 00:07, edited 12 times in total.

ZedTheMan

11 Feb 2019, 00:33

That's a good price for those NOS SMK switches, IMO! I would spring on that myself if I hadn't just obtained a board full of em!

Bass

13 Feb 2019, 02:41

SMK switches and 5251 have been sold. Added a KB101AS, displaywriter, and tai tao Alps doubleshots!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Feb 2019, 03:13

I won't complain about the Beamspring prices (since I traded you a pile of really nice boards for one) but will say: we've come a long way since 2015.

GLWS. Please do tell us about the boards you've decided to keep - in another thread perhaps.

Bass

13 Feb 2019, 04:15

Videowriter is now sold!
XMIT wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 03:13
I won't complain about the Beamspring prices (since I traded you a pile of really nice boards for one) but will say: we've come a long way since 2015.

GLWS. Please do tell us about the boards you've decided to keep - in another thread perhaps.
Thanks! I believe I mentioned this somewhere else but the reason I am aggressively selling stuff is to raise some money for a house down payment. House hunting has progressively taken up a significantly larger chunk of my time than keyboards these days. Makes me a bit envious of your situation in Texas since everything is so grossly overpriced in California (almost 700k for some crappy bungalow in LA). Even with a nice job I'll have to move somewhere far away to find something reasonable. But it works for me since I have grown weary of overpaying for a tiny studio apartment and am content to move somewhere away from the hustle and bustle.

Truth be told I haven't decided exactly what I am going to keep other than my best IBM stuff, but I did make a new years resolution to stop hoarding all of these beamsprings. They are taking up way too much space in my tiny apartment. I still have all the boards you gave me and out of all of that I do want to keep the SA space cadet set at least just in case a nice board with MX switches ever comes my way :)

ZedTheMan

13 Feb 2019, 04:39

PM'ing about Alps caps

Wingklip

13 Feb 2019, 05:40

Jesus prices are rising fast. Have ya got any model F's for sale lad?

Bass

13 Feb 2019, 07:39

Wow that was fast guys! Just about everything I have listed today is sold or pending sale.
Wingklip wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 05:40
Jesus prices are rising fast. Have ya got any model F's for sale lad?
Not yet, but I am planning on putting up at least an AT and possibly an XT or two for sale a bit later.

Wingklip

19 Feb 2019, 14:05

1450 for a beamspring when I bought 1 2 years ago for 600.......................

Fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr these are exponential rises man. Strong sales!

John Doe

19 Feb 2019, 14:29

Wingklip wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:05
1450 for a beamspring when I bought 1 2 years ago for 600.......................

Fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr these are exponential rises man. Strong sales!
Time flies, price grows.

Return to “For sale”