[SOLD] Custom-built 60% ISO-DE (Wood Case | BOX Jade (lubed) | Filco Double-Shot ABS)

Felix448

26 Feb 2019, 00:57

I´m offering a custom 60% I just built recently and used for about a week for trial. Although I really like the outcome 60% is just too small for my usual everday use, therefore I want to sell it. The keyboard is pre-programmed and fully working with ISO-DE and currently sports a simple second layer with F-row and a simple "gaming" layout.

Components:

-60% Wood Case
-OK60 PCB
-Silver aluminium 60% plate
-Kailh BOX Jade Switches with lightly lubed clickbar
-Filco Double Shot ABS Keycaps (The keycaps are from a standard full-size ISO-DE kit. I´ll add the currently unused keycaps to the package so you can adjust the layout if you like.)
-original Cherry stabiliziers (lubed)
Sidenote: I (without knowing it at first) ordered the wrong type of stabilizer for the spacebar (bent design) which doesnt seem to work with plate mounted switches. I therefore had to straighten it which left a few marks on the connecting metal bar. You cant see the stab from the outside at all, but if you wish to change it´s of course possible. Due to this I dont calculate the stabs into the price.

The keyboard has a thin dampening mat on the inside that came with the case. I added a fairly thick industry grade EPDM rubber mat to the bottom of the case for additional dampening and to keep it from sliding.

I´ll add a basic 1.2m Mini-USB cable if you wish.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RBhMa ... 23WE_CDX7J

Sound test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LikhD8 ... p=drivesdk
(Download may be necessary)

Price: 225,00€ excl. shipping.

Payment preferably via PayPal. Shipping will be via DHL from Germany to everywhere in western europe.

Feel free to send me a message if you got any questions.
Last edited by Felix448 on 31 May 2019, 11:43, edited 4 times in total.

Felix448

04 Mar 2019, 10:32

Price adjustment: 250,00€

Felix448

12 Mar 2019, 08:16

Bump

Felix448

18 Mar 2019, 09:12

Another bump, sound test added, would be nice to get this out soon. ;)

diqidoq

23 Mar 2019, 08:56

I would buy it immediately ... but, first, I rather prefer white SA caps, and second, I think for a 60% it is too expensive all together. I know, it was a lot of work, but as you sad, you did it for your own testing and now you want to sell it. For the half I would buy it today and exchange the keycaps by myself.

Geroximo

25 Mar 2019, 14:50

diqidoq wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 08:56
I would buy it immediately ... but, first, I rather prefer white SA caps, and second, I think for a 60% it is too expensive all together. I know, it was a lot of work, but as you sad, you did it for your own testing and now you want to sell it. For the half I would buy it today and exchange the keycaps by myself.
I take it for half the price + 1€, lmao.
Nice lowballing.

Felix448

25 Mar 2019, 23:47

Geroximo wrote:
Nice lowballing.
More or less what I was thinking. I know it‘s a lot of money, but considering the work that went into it, I‘m not even charging much more than what the parts cost alone.

Seems like the ISO-DE interest is not as big as I first thought.

diqidoq

26 Mar 2019, 16:27

Felix448 wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 23:47
Geroximo wrote:
Nice lowballing.
More or less what I was thinking. I know it‘s a lot of money, but considering the work that went into it, I‘m not even charging much more than what the parts cost alone.

Seems like the ISO-DE interest is not as big as I first thought.
Not sure why this has been taken this way around. You think it is an unfair offer? Okay. I can accept that. But then please elaborate more for the price. But the insinuation of lowballing is not OKAY. The reasons are simple: There are 60% programmable boards out there which I only need to change the keycaps and the programming in this range or maybe lower. 2nd: I have no product warranty from a private buy but I need one for my purpose. I am not a kiddy, I need this for my work. 3rd: There are no pictures of the quality of the soldering etc. so I have a lot of risk on my side. Not sure what you expect from an interested buyer, but the assumption that there is no interest in ISO-DE is wrong. The only issue is the mix of all the reasons I gave you compared to the price.

PS: And I already sad that I see that there is a lot of work in it. But this would only count for me if I would have made a request to build one for me not for a ready build one, which I like partly but not 100%.

All in all it is maybe a misunderstanding going on here. I really appreciate the hard work in this board and it is really a great one. And I hope he will find a happy buyer for this but I can only talk from my position.

Felix448

26 Mar 2019, 17:50

I dont want this "discussion" to develop in the wrong direction, still I´d like to share a few words on what you just have written.
diqidoq wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 16:27
Not sure why this has been taken this way around. You think it is an unfair offer? Okay. I can accept that. But then please elaborate more for the price. But the insinuation of lowballing is not OKAY. The reasons are simple: There are 60% programmable boards out there which I only need to change the keycaps and the programming in this range or maybe lower. 2nd: I have no product warranty from a private buy but I need one for my purpose. I am not a kiddy, I need this for my work. 3rd: There are no pictures of the quality of the soldering etc. so I have a lot of risk on my side. Not sure what you expect from an interested buyer, but the assumption that there is no interest in ISO-DE is wrong. The only issue is the mix of all the reasons I gave you compared to the price.
"But then please elaborate more for the price" Alright, I´d love to see any comparable board with ISO compatible (and already soldered) switches and stabilizers that additionally have been re-tooled / lubed. Also most dampening materials that are used by regular companies are of lower quality than the EPDM I used here.

Of course you have no product warranty but please keep in mind that this is a custom build. So you wont find a similar board in that configuration on the market. There´s no real option for a comparison or anything. If the board would be the same as one you can buy at any regular shop, sure, it would be without the warranty you´d have when buying a brand new product. But additionally, whats the point of looking into a forum full of private buy offers if warranty is one of your concerns anyway?

"There are no pictures of the quality of the soldering etc. so I have a lot of risk on my side." Well, as long as someone is interested in buying the board (or whatever it may be that I sell), I´m free to share more information about it if asked. Especially since this is a community of mostly enthusiast, I´m sure everyone would share more details about a product if requested. Instead you decide to make a (from my standpoint) ridiculously low buy offer without taking the chance to clear up some of your concerns beforehand.

Regards, Felix

diqidoq

26 Mar 2019, 18:13

Thanks for clarification Felix. Please do not understand my position as an assault or offense or sth against your sale. It wasn't intended to be one. And I am not into this community here nor do I collect for the worth of custom builds on its own. So I don't know much about your cummunity interests. I just registered because of your sale meeting 80% of my search and I felt like I have to defend myself now for the only offer you got for your board and that felt a lil bit strange to me, because what is wrong on making a price offering for your sale? It was just from my position, nothing more. A simple "no" would have been enough, but making jokes about it felt akward to me. I am willing to pay even more money if I could find a custom builder who would build a board for me and my needs. But I would make it a real request and with a bill etc. Never mind. It was a mistake to make this offering and I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings. And thanks for taking the time to answer (sorry I saw your pm too late...).

Good luck with the sale and All the Best. A nice build, really. Kind regards.

Felix448

28 Mar 2019, 15:32

Going down with the price a bit, 235,00€ now.

jani80k

29 Mar 2019, 11:01

This board should be really attractive to beginners who do just want a nice looking 60. The layout is pretty much standard so that any keycap set, even Tai Hao for 35 € will fit on it because it has no short right shift, or arrow keys etc. Do not underestimate the programmability you get with this. You can program the layers in a very userfriendly way via this website: https://config.qmk.fm/#/dz60/LAYOUT_60_iso.
Moreover, the components used in this build are part of the KDBFans ecosystem. This means, if in one year you do not want SA Keycaps and a wooden case anymore. You could buy this case https://candykeys.com/product/kbdfans-tofu-case-acryl and these kecaps https://candykeys.com/product/tai-hao-c ... set-iso-de and have a totally different looking board by just removing the keycaps with a keycap puller and unscrewing 6 screws. Of course there are many more options with affordable cases and really good priced keycaps, you do not find this with any other 60 like Ducky Mini or Vortex Poker...
The switches used in this build are regarded some great sounding clicky switches with a very good tactile feedback and no documented weaknesses like early actuation etc. so there are really no weak points in this build.

Felix448

11 Apr 2019, 08:58

Bump

Return to “For sale”