[WTS/WTT] ZedTheMan's MIGHTY Keyboard Sell/Trade thread

ZedTheMan

27 Feb 2019, 08:47

Hello denizens of Deskthority, it has come time for me to downsize my collection, sell some things that were on the backburner, and to see if I can't manage to find something new to try. :D

All prices are negotiable, and trade offers are welcome. Purchases are to be made via Paypal, and the buyer pays shipping. (I can do specific services upon request, otherwise my default shipping choice will be whatever is most economical for both of us.)
Feel free to call me out if any of the prices seem unfair, many are just estimates.
Also I live in Central USA. I am willing to ship worldwide but do know that I am unlikely to take trades internationally unless you are willing to pay shipping for the both of us. (Unless the offer is VERY compelling)
PM me or respond in the thread with any questions or offers. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

I've got a variety of goodies pictured, with some prices as well.
I'm not afraid to add extras to sweeten any deals. Keyboards exist in my collection that I may be willing to part with for trades but that aren't pictured here, so feel free to inquire!

UPCOMING THINGS TO BE SOLDAn Acer 6011 with SKCM Whites. 1 IBM Pingmaster (maybe). Let's split with BOX Pale Blues and BOX Navies. Some other things that will come up as I go through the pile.
Some of these things still need to be cleaned, which I will do in the coming weeks. That said, I am making preliminary listings with prices and will update them with pictures and such as I take them.

Focus FK-2001 with Alps SKCM White switches. This has been a mainstay in my personal collection for a while now. The switches are clean but worn, and while they are still very smooth, tactile, and clicky, it is notably "different" from NOS SKCM Whites. In some ways, I almost prefer them. The case and a few caps still have some yellowing, I haven't retrobrighted this keyboard, I didn't view it as necessary. I cleaned it from top to bottom when I bought it, but there may be some dust accumulated since I have used it personally. The plate is not pristine as it has experienced some minor rust over time. All stabilizers are lubricated. Comes with an original FK-2001 Box from Gainsborough. (Not the original box of THIS FK-2001, to clarify, and it does have some marker on it)
I like this boi, but it's time for my main collection to move onto new things. Looking for ~$60.
Spoiler:

AEK with Alps SKCM Salmon.
A newer addition. I have cleaned the case and plate with isopropyl, and the keycaps in an ultrasonic cleaner. Unfortunately the cleaner may not have been enough entirely for the caps so I still need to give it another round.
The salmons in it are nice. I can't call them perfect, I have pristine salmons in my personal use M0116 and the difference is noticeable. That said, they are definitely very good. Very little binding and overall very smooth and satisfying to use. I think I prefer the weighting of salmons to oranges.
Will update with pictures.
Looking for ~$65

IBM Model M Keyboard (1 sold)
Got these guys in a recent purchase with the SSK as a lot. Really, I bought them because one of them shares my birthday, so I'm keeping that one and selling the others and my original. These are the new ones, I'm listing them separately as they are dirty currently and need to be cleaned and potentially bolt modded. They work fine, though.
Pictures will come in the future, both dirty and cleaned. Some were missing a couple of stock caps which have been substituted with wheelwriter parts and other spares.
Looking for ~$65 for either one once cleaned and such, if I end up bolt modding maybe like $85 or so. Currently I lack the cables for them but I will be looking to find some in the future for the final listing. If you want them in their current condition without a cable I'll sell them for ~$50.

1 IBM Model M Keyboard (Personal use)
This Model M has been in my personal collection for a while. It's been fully cleaned and until just recently none of the plastic rivets had broken. (I think one may have from a drop just a while ago, but I haven't noticed any difference in feel or sound). It is reliable and definitely the classic M. Comes with cable, stabs are lubed.
Pictures coming in the future.
Looking for ~$70 in current condition.

We have an IBM Model M122 Battleship. This thing still needs to be cleaned, and I never ended up making a Soarer's for the RJ45-plug terminal models, so it remains untested. Update: I botched a conversion job on it, need to fix.
Looking for ~$25 here. $35 when I fix converter, otherwise the cable is cut.
Spoiler:
2 Dell AT101W keyboards with Bamboo Alps SKCM Black switches: Both uncleaned, both tested to work, both dirty. One seems to have burn marks.
Looking for ~$25 for either one.
[1 SOLD]
Spoiler:

NEC APC-H25 keyboard, featuring NEC vintage linear switches.(IT BROKE :( )
Spoiler:
Boy, this thing is something else. The plate is very dirty despite my attempts to clean it, and the switches can bind when hit from the sides sometimes. I sprayed the switches and plate with some dry lubricant which actually seemed to help with the binding and smoothness, but they are still probably considered "scratchy" to many. Additionally, during cleaning and disassembly, I broke the up arrow key, and now the switch is connected to the cap with superglue. I'm putting it up here if anyone is interested, I'm open to offers. I have plans to convert to USB and further clean and brighten it, so this may be updated. The original cable is not connected but is still in my possession, so if you are interested, I can include that.
Spoiler:
Extras: Various buckling spring mount keycaps from Wheelwriters, and 104 cherry MX Blue switches. Feel free to offer or ask for specific caps/etc. (Pictures upon request, I also have a lot of spare switches and spare MX and Alps mount keycap sets)

And finally, my proof of ownership tag(s).
Spoiler:
SOLD THINGS:
Spoiler:
IBM Model M SSK: (Reserved)
Hey hey, its an SSK!
I cleaned it up now, and gave it a screw mod.
Here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNn-VL8828
Price is $200, but I already have someone interested. I will let others pm if interested but the person who was interested first has priority.

"Leading Technology" Keyboard with SMK 2nd generation clicky switches and thick MX mount doubleshot keycaps.
This keyboard was a relatively recent acquirement, and I originally planned just to keep it, but after a lot of testing, I think that maybe SMKs just aren't for me. They have a strong, harsh, tactile click, and are nice and smooth. (On this board, some of them are not as smooth, it was very dirty when I got it and I don't feel like cleaning them.) The keyboard has been cleaned to the best of my ability, though some of the top green bar was a victim as the thin layer of paint(?) used was a victim to mild abrasives. The numpad keycaps have gained some scratches due to a piece of metal falling on them. It features relatively cheap construction with the switches mounted directly to the PCB, that said, I still consider it a solid keyboard for anyone who likes SMK switches or wants to try them. They really are a treat, just not quite my favorite to the point where they avoid the chopping block of being replaced by other things I want to add to my collection. The keycaps are thick doubleshot ABS with Cherry MX mount. I especially like them due to the purple lettering, it's not something you see everyday, especially with vintage boards.
Pictures will be added in time.
Looking for around ~$50. I think this is a fair price, and only a little bit more than breaking even for me.Apple IIgs keyboard, Alps SKCM Orange.
This keyboard is another relative mainstay in my collection. It has been cleaned and retrobrighted, but has retaken some yellowing over time as sometimes happens. The switches are excellent tactile switches, but I will not go so far as to claim that they are 9/10 compared to NOS or anything. They aren't as smooth as really good alps can be and they do have some mild binding in some cases. I would call them 7.5/10 maybe. That said, they might clean up nicely.
Will update with pictures.
Looking for ~$65irst off is an IBM Model F XT Keyboard, restored with internal Soarer's converter, replaced foam, and painted metal plate.
[SOLD]
Spoiler:
This keyboard works excellently, and needs little introduction in this community.
I will be up front in saying that the restoration did not go 100% perfectly, and all blemishes are pictured and described below for honesty's sake.
Looking for ~$125 here.
Spoiler:

Parts of the outer casing are worn smooth, this is probably the most notable blemish.
The inner metal back plate has a dent from clamps during reassembly. This was also the case with the barrel plate. The barrel plate also suffers from minor scratches.

The "`/~" keycap has a small dent on the side.
Next is a Kinesis Essential Keyboard: [SOLD]
Spoiler:
KB132PC. This features an older logo and colorscheme, and MX Brown switches. lbibass suggested that they may be vintage MX Browns but the keyboard seems to have been made in 1997 based on the copyright date so I don't think that's quite the case. Nonetheless, it is an excellent ergonomic keyboard.It has been wiped but I have not thoroughly cleaned it.
Looking for ~$75 (No longer on hold, feel free to offer)
Spoiler:
We're just getting started, however.

Apple Extended Keyboard II with Cream Damped Alps SKCM.
[SOLD]
Spoiler:
Cleaned and tested. Keys 1 through 9 on the numpad have been linearized, and I lost the tactile leaves, so if you want those, I can add some from one of the Dells without extra cost. Some switches have been cleaned, some haven't. Keycaps exhibit some mild shine, and the case and spacebar have some yellowing remaining after a retr0bright session.
Looking for ~$40
Spoiler:
Cherry G84-4100L with german legends. [SOLD]
Spoiler:
Cherry ML. Honestly, the only good thing about this board is that it is very compact, and a useful introduction into the experience that is Cherry ML.
It's yours for the cost of shipping. But you gotta do a review ;)

SOLD

(Offer pending)
Spoiler:
Sejin Electron SKM-1040,
[SOLD]
Spoiler:
a southpaw keyboard with Futaba MA and some seriously nice doubleshot caps. The keyboard is in good condition, overall rather clean and the switches are in great condition for Futabas. However, I have had to do a few hillbilly repairs. The stabilizers on the spacebar were broken so I improvised and melted some green PLA. See the pictures. The spacebar was originally linear and non-functioning, so I swapped it out with the Pause/break key, as that is fairly rarely used.
Looking for around ~$30 for this one.
Spoiler:
Keytronic Flexpro ergonomic keyboard.
[SOLD]
Spoiler:
Tactile Keytronic Foam and Foil switches. Excellent condition, but its still
Foam and Foil. This thing is funky! The "Flex" can be made to be quite harsh! If you get this I'll include some springs that will allow you to linearize many of the switches, which I find to be preferable for keyfeel.
Looking for ~$40, just as a guess. Certainly a unique board.
Spoiler:
FLEX OFF
FLEX ON
MAXIMUM FLEX
Ortek MAK-105, Alps SKCM White, bamboo.
[SOLD]
Spoiler:
Funny story about this, I actually got it as a comparison to an OEMMAX-MAC 105, which may be a predecessor to it (currently the keyboard with my Blue Alps in it), and found this one to be better built. Uses ADB, and is in good visual condition. The switches, however, suffer heavily from lacking slits, and thus wear and condition has left them binding on off-center keypresses and scratchy. The keycaps are interesting: FAKE DOUBLESHOTS. Seriously, they use the apple-style italic lettering, but it is pad printed. If you pull off a cap, you can see that the caps come as a 2 part mould. They are doubleshot blanks that have been printed on and it is just baffling to me as to why they would do this.
I'm selling this for ~$20, but extend an offer: I've got some pine top housings, sliders, and click leaves that have been ultrasonic cleaned and lubricated with dupont teflon dry lubricant, originally harvested from a monterey K104. For $25 more, I can include these also. (Not pictured, can get picture if interested as well as solid count)
(Offer pending)
Spoiler:
Monoprice Select Series Full Size Red Switch Mechanical Keyboard.
[SOLD]
Spoiler:
Features Outemu reds, and the stabilizers on some of the keys have been removed as it has a nonstandard layout and caps. It has a plastic overplate that seems to exist to dampen the bottom out slightly?
$13, a good source of cheap linear switches if nothing else.
Spoiler:
And the (grand?) Finale: Comfort Systems Ergonomic Computer Keyboard: [SOLD]
Spoiler:
Maxi Switch(?) Dome with Slider. Well, this keyboard is truly something else. It takes the term "adjustable keyboard" to another level. Horizontally adjustable, vertically adjustable, almost any angle you like, and a modular design make this keyboard unlike any other. Comes with replacment module. All uncleaned and untested, and they use doubleshot cherry mx mount keycaps.(It seems that the W keycap on one of the modules is cracked, luckily, the replacement module has you covered). Uncleaned, and I cannot test due to a lack of cable to connect with a computer.
I'm looking for around $50 for it, but if your name is Chyros and you are willing to do a review on it, it's yours for the price of shipping. (Yes, this is horrid, wretched corruption and a violation of all that is fair, but I figure his channel is a good way to spread more knowledge on this keyboard to the wider keyboard community, and ultimately that would bring me more enjoyment than the $50. (Unless you have an Omnikey and are interested in this as a part of the trade, of course. That would bring even more joy))
(offer pending)
Spoiler:
Image (Poor keycap :cry: )
LET THE GAME BEGIN!
Last edited by ZedTheMan on 03 Jun 2019, 20:24, edited 35 times in total.

AdrianMan

27 Feb 2019, 09:20

Pm'd

depletedvespene

27 Feb 2019, 11:40

PM

ayehavgunne

27 Feb 2019, 14:41

PM'd

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

27 Feb 2019, 14:55

Wow lots of cool stuff in here! Any chance you have a full size right shift buckling spring cap? The one on my F AT stopped being clicky for some reason and I'd love to replace it (tried other caps on that spot and they clicked just fine).

cineraphael

27 Feb 2019, 16:36

PM'd

depletedvespene

27 Feb 2019, 16:39

snacksthecat wrote:
Wow lots of cool stuff in here! Any chance you have a full size right shift buckling spring cap? The one on my F AT stopped being clicky for some reason and I'd love to replace it (tried other caps on that spot and they clicked just fine).
Is that about the cap, or should you be checking the flipper instead?

JP!

27 Feb 2019, 16:45

Neat boards and good prices. GLWS.

ZedTheMan

27 Feb 2019, 17:11

snacksthecat wrote:
I might have one, let me check! I'll get back with you via PM.

ZedTheMan

28 Feb 2019, 18:33

Bump with new offer for a trade

ZedTheMan

02 Mar 2019, 03:02

Bump, increased offer for omnikey trade.

Sup

02 Mar 2019, 23:29

Pm kinesis

ZedTheMan

03 Mar 2019, 16:07

I got an Omnikey, so that trade offer has been removed.

ZedTheMan

06 Mar 2019, 17:57

Bump, lowered some prices.

ZedTheMan

10 Mar 2019, 16:27

Bump

DELTAX

12 Mar 2019, 02:23

confirmed trade: IBM F XT

VelonicV

12 Mar 2019, 08:46

PM'd

ZedTheMan

19 Mar 2019, 03:31

Bump

ZedTheMan

24 Mar 2019, 01:27

Bump. Prices lowered. Be on the lookout for potential new wares in the next week.

If anyone has an SIIG minitouch /BTC 5100c with BTC dome with sliders, let me know.

ZedTheMan

03 May 2019, 21:08

Bump, added my FK-2001.
A lot more stuff will be added over the next couple of days. Schoolwork took a lot of time from me.
Now I have time again.

ZedTheMan

03 May 2019, 21:44

Also added a lot of other stuff via preliminary listings, that is to say, I still need to take pictures and in some cases do a lot of work.
I remember promising depletedvestpene that I'd document my restoration of the M's, and so I shall. (Unless someone wants to buy them uncleaned/unrestored, in which case, I'll still document the other ones.)

Raumfahrer

04 May 2019, 01:01

Dm

themillerdave

04 May 2019, 04:32

PM for that Cop Car board!

ZedTheMan

25 May 2019, 03:25

Bump

Willy4876

25 May 2019, 04:48

Pm'd