[FS] Escom Focus FK-3002 Black with white Alps SKCM

hrbatik.h

24 Apr 2019, 18:39

Used Vintage Escom Focus FK-3002 in rare black color (Alps SKCM White) with built in calculator, DIN5 plug, QWERTZ, german layout.

The keyboard is in bad condition, it seems that it comes in contact with water or used to be in a wet storage. The metal plate is rusty, the printed circuit board has some paths and areas oxidized, maybe even interrupted.

But despite some damage, I think this keyboard is still worth and could work again after desoldering and cleaning of switches and repairing of some broken paths because of its remarkable design. It will take lot of time and effort, but you will get unique keyboard.

I cleaned the keyboard as much possible, except the switches (only several).
Keyboard is tested and it works at 95% :( , more details beneath.
IMG_5766.JPG
IMG_5766.JPG (2.42 MiB) Viewed 2407 times
Detailed photo gallery - photos tell more
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ti7E2ApPkyh4LcyV6

The pros: :)
- rare and collectible keyboard
- with built in calculator
- lot of SKCM switches
- doubleshotted caps
- black color which is not so common

The cons: :(
- caps F7, F8 and F11 - don't work, I tried to connect the soldered pins and nothing...., seem to be some problem with the path on the board...
- original cap F5 is missing, another Alps compatible cap added
- calculator display - in very bad condition, shows only fragments (problem to get a new display)
- weaker contacts on several keys - R, G, booth ALT, &7, /?, big ENTER works only with connecting the soldered pins (oxidized inside switch), left arrow
- the whole section below the calc - it seems that it works (react) only with calc on, but during the first test, I think I managed to test the caps in test program, but later, it does not happen again
- scratches on the caps
- switches need to be cleaned with some "contactol" spray
- rusty metal plate and oxidized printed circuit plate

I'm asking for 120€ + shipping from Czech Republic (10€ to Germany, UK, France, Italy, the rest of Europe and worldwide prior to asking (USA should be about 22€ )
Payment via Paypal.
Any question? Ready for it :-)

Chyros

24 Apr 2019, 19:28

Very nice! I think in all this time, I've only seen three of these black 3002s in total. Glws! :)

the_ambyguous

26 Apr 2019, 22:11

a black focus.. a thing of beauty. glws!

hrbatik.h

03 Jun 2019, 10:00

bum,p

inozenz

30 Apr 2021, 14:56

Is this still for sale?

Return to “For sale”