[WTS] IBM Wheelwriter keyboard conversion project

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 May 2019, 03:03

Hi, I am selling this IBM Wheelwriter conversion project that I am never going to finish nor do I really care to finish. Includes a screw-modded Wheelwriter keyboard, phosphorglow universal Model M controller, compatible USB cord, and a map of the matrix. Link to video of keyboard in action.

Price: $75 $60+shipping. I am asking this price because I put the work into a bolt mod, mapping the matrix, and sale includes the controller.

BACKGROUND: I took a keyboard from a Wheelwriter, did a bolt mod, plugged in the membrane sheet to a phosphorglow universal Model M controller, uploaded TMK firmware onto the keyboard, and got the thing working with a computer. However, it outputs random keycodes because the TMK files are not mapped to the membrane matrix of this keyboard. To get this thing in full working condition, you need to remap the matrix file, keymap file, and maybe something else, and re-upload the TMK firmware (I think that's it(. If you know what you are doing, it really should not be that difficult. If you don't know what you are doing, you probably can figure it out, because I don't know what I'm doing but I mostly figured it out. Also, I recommend making a nice little case so the controller is not flopping around and the keyboard is stable. Could be a fun little project for the right person.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS

IMG_2649B.JPG
IMG_2649B.JPG (386.34 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
SOLD ITEMS
Spoiler:
4. DYI Stabilizer wire x100, .047" stainless steel or carbon steel, $15 shipped.
Spoiler:
I bought this with the intent of making a bunch of space bar stabilizer wire for an Alps keyboard GB awhile back, but that never materialized. You can do whatever you want with it.

1. XMIT Hall Effect keyboard for parts or repair, $25 shipped.
Spoiler:
This keyboard may or may not work. The bamboo case started splitting shortly after receiving it and then I tried to keep it together by tightening the screws and that just caused the case to split. Other issues are a very loose USB connection and the keyboard just kinda crapping out after being plugged in. For parts or maybe you could attempt repair. $25 should cover shipping in CONUS, except maybe the far West Coast. Discount on shipping if you live close to Indiana.
2. GH60 PCB, $15 shipped.
Spoiler:
This thing is laying around and I don't plan on ever building it. You can even see my old user name on the bubble wrap. Let me know if you want it.
3. Kinesis split keyboard tenting things, $15 shipped.
Spoiler:
These things can support a split keyboard at a couple different angles. I used them for my Ergodox when I actually had one of those.

5. 2x Alps stablizers, $6 shipped.
Spoiler:
A couple of Alps stabilizers that I had for a keyboard that I no longer own.
6. Alps 7u spacebar, blue, $6 shipped.
Spoiler:
An Alps spacebar from an Alps keycaps group buy from a couple years back.
Last edited by vivalarevolución on 19 Jul 2019, 02:04, edited 13 times in total.

ZedTheMan

10 May 2019, 03:13

PM for the GH60 and XMIT keyboard

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

19 May 2019, 19:34

Still have the split keyboard tenting things and a bunch of thin metal wire.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

22 Jun 2019, 20:17

HI, added an IBM Wheelwriter project that I have laying around and never intend to finish. PM me if interested.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

26 Jun 2019, 03:54

Bump. Somebody buy this so I don't have to go reddit.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

09 Jul 2019, 21:01

One more bump. Price negotiable.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

19 Jul 2019, 02:05

maybe a price drop will entice an interested party?

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

30 Jul 2019, 16:06

Bump

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

05 Dec 2019, 15:15

why not bump again, still have this thing laying around

zzxx53

10 Dec 2019, 21:58

How does this feel compared to a regular model M?

Return to “For sale”